Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they could update mounts. It is so weird how the normal kodo mount looks so much better then the epic one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Wish they could update mounts. It is so weird how the normal kodo mount looks so much better then the epic one
    Once saw recolors of the pvp mounts in the normal racial mounts colors, they looked great.
    Maybe they can do update quests like the falcosaurs to update old mounts at some point.

I hope this is a subtle suggestion that the game as a whole will slowly be updated. The only down side is the sheer amount of models they have at their disposal to invigorate including the landscapes and more... But with Blizzard boasting "the biggest team working on WOW ever", maybe there is a ray of hope?

Heck, they might even do the amazing and update all of Kalimdor and Eatern Kingdoms to the new lore? Here's dreaming haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They should update the Ogres.
    But i hope they save it when they become playable.
    They did that with WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    They did that with WoD
    I think he meant updating the ogres present in Azeroth, because those still use the vanilla model.

10+ Year Old Account

Why does the new model looks more or less better but the older looks more detailed ? can someone explain this phenomenon

also I don't think they realize how dangerous it is to play with all this
    at some point they'll do a model recognized as worse by most and consequences could be terrible
    we already saw what happened when they removed the old world

one example is the sea giants, apparently they redid the model in legion but hopefully they kept the original roaming in older zones. the colors scheme of the original is so much better, it obliterates the new model and leave us questioning on the actual talent of the artists that worked on the new model.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-06-30 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post

Why does the new model looks more or less better but the older looks more detailed ? can someone explain this phenomenon

at some point they'll do a model recognized as worse by most and consequences could be terrible

I've been delighted with all the new models so far, I wish they were even more generalised to be honest. I don't really see them screwing up a vanilla model, especially seeing how ugly these original models look nowadays!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    I've been delighted with all the new models so far, I wish they were even more generalised to be honest. I don't really seem them screwing up a vanilla model, especially seeing how ugly these original models look nowadays!
    they can screw up for sure, especially if they start to give weight to the thoughts of the community instead of listening but still doing only what they want to do as they always did

they can screw up for sure, especially if they start to give weight to the thoughts of the community instead of listening but still doing only what they want to do as they always did
    I really don't see how they could screw up models that are already unbearable to watch. And I think listening to the community is a good thing, many good things came out of it. The only models I thought were screwed up were the worgen female models (the eyes, like, seriously?) and Ragnaros... with legs. Those legs were ridiculous haha! Apart from that, all the models look good to me.

Deleted
    Gnolls look so shit that I complained about them even when I got the vanilla game, back in 2005. You can count the vectory of it's 3D model. I remember I was baffled that they were so proud of that model that it was on one of the first pages of the manual "booklet", lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Anyone else hope that Sargeras brutally cucks us in our fight with him and we get de-levelled back to like 40 or 60?

I wish this game would go back to adventuring. Exploring and fighting in Strangethorn etc.

I love the fact that other people agree with me on this.
    Legion has been a great expansion, but I miss the days where the actual world felt exciting and not just the bosses.

I get that some people will say that ”Huh, duh! You’re just being nostalgic for the days when the whole world was new to you!”, but no. I still LOVED Mists of Pandaria; We were powerful, but even during the final raid we were a PART OF an army taking down the final boss; not a tiny elite team.

The whole continent also felt great; we were powerful, but not too powerful to help out farmers, and exploring the continent and helping out normal citizens made sense.

I loved it. Make leveling and exploring an essential part of WoW® again - end game has gone too far for me.

I totally get what you’re saying and partially agree. While I don’t think it would have any “terrible consequences” I do hope they keep the essense of the original models in mind, like they did with the player character models.

I like the new yeti models and like that the whole world feels “updated”, but they really don’t resemble the originals.
    They did an amazing job with the murlocs, but it’s important to me that they UPDATE the world instead of completely CHANGING it.

I do understand that updating some of the models will make them look very different - sometimes the character models and their hair etc. looked very “sharp” because of limits to character modeling back in the day, but I still hope they keep some of the “sharpness” there.

Quillboars for example; their very sharp-like hair is one of the most memorable things about them. Even if they’re now able to make their hair curl around and fall down etc. I hope they keep it spikey etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshKamel View Post
    I love the fact that other people agree with me on this.
    Legion has been a great expansion, but I miss the days where the actual world felt exciting and not just the bosses.

I get that some people will say that ”Huh, duh! You’re just being nostalgic for the days when the whole world was new to you!”, but no. I still LOVED Mists of Pandaria; We were powerful, but even during the final raid we were a PART OF an army taking down the final boss; not a tiny elite team.

The whole continent also felt great; we were powerful, but not too powerful to help out farmers, and exploring the continent and helping out normal citizens made sense.

I loved it. Make leveling and exploring an essential part of WoW® again - end game has gone too far for me.

I totally get what you’re saying and partially agree. While I don’t think it would have any “terrible consequences” I do hope they keep the essense of the original models in mind, like they did with the player character models.

I like the new yeti models and like that the whole world feels “updated”, but they really don’t resemble the originals.
    They did an amazing job with the murlocs, but it’s important to me that they UPDATE the world instead of completely CHANGING it.

I do understand that updating some of the models will make them look very different - sometimes the character models and their hair etc. looked very “sharp” because of limits to character modeling back in the day, but I still hope they keep some of the “sharpness” there.

Quillboars for example; their very sharp-like hair is one of the most memorable things about them. Even if they’re now able to make their hair curl around and fall down etc. I hope they keep it spikey etc.
    characters model are an example of almost perfect enhancement, especially since they kept the old model as an option.
    yeah the murlocs are fine too. and yes those yeti have nothing to do with the original. thing is I didn't really cared that much about old models but there's some models that I care about. I dread the possibility of having them replaced with no going back. they should leave options.

and as for hairs I don't know how to explain but newer hairs tend to be like one painted texture as oppose to the old ugly but sharp texture

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Yeah, probably not getting replaced in the old world... but to me they just seem like a the species, just living on another energy source...
    Mana rays /=/nether rays

- - - Updated - - -

one example is the sea giants, apparently they redid the model in legion but hopefully they kept the original roaming in older zones. the colors scheme of the original is so much better, it obliterates the new model and leave us questioning on the actual talent of the artists that worked on the new model.
    because to omuch detail can look ugly, look at those nails those look fucking gross, the hair looks bad, the nose and face looks fucking stupid
    too much detail can put it in an akward space, the new one doesent show non stop hair difference, just the outline of hair, and that makes it somewhat cute, having every hair show in low pixelation just looks gross

you either go simple, or realistic, if you fail and get in the middle you get what is called uncanny valley
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    omfg yes, i hope they're next in line.

i hope they get around to updating every old model in the game. wolves, cats, all of it.
    I thought all the wolves had already been replaced with the new models.

So long as they actually update and don't replace the proper nightsabers....

Night elves have sabertooth cats. Not tigers with slightly noticeable fangs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks a helluva lot better, that's for sure!

Now it would be nice if they updated some old mounts.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Updating old models always has approval from me.

The one I am waiting most for is the Frost Mage Water Elemental, though.

This is the old model a lot of players have as a companion. After the DK and Warlock companion updates, I hope we get this updated soon.

Blizzard started taking a different art direction around MoP and I can't say I'm a fan of it. New wendigo looks clean and fluffy, like he'd make a great rug or teddy bear. Old wendigo looks dirty, coarse haired, maybe even oily, and like he's got a bad case of foot fungus. He's a cave-dwelling, dwarf-eating, ugly monster. The black shading on the old model gives it a sort of grit, while the new models shading is smooth. Old looks dated in that he looks like origami, while new looks like play-doh. Old has a grimdark style to it while new is fantasy.

Same story for any other updated models. The extra polygons is a plus, but I'm more a fan of grimdark WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Nice, indeed...

I see people also mentioning throggs, but one thing everyone seems to be missing is; the new mana ray models!

its not an update.

mana rays are new mobs.

outland has nether rays.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Anyone else hope that Sargeras brutally cucks us in our fight with him and we get de-levelled back to like 40 or 60?

I wish this game would go back to adventuring. Exploring and fighting in Strangethorn etc.

We've basically become demi-gods.
    Adventuring comes with new content, not being at a certain level. People at 60 become "demi-gods" to the world content with gear.

And no, of course I don't fucking wish for something moronic like that. Nostalgia goggles were never my choice of headgear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Agreed.

Even iconic old mounts like Headless Horseman's, Fiery Warsteed and others look so bad compared to new regular vendor mounts. My hope is that they'll use the Vicious mounts to update racial mounts as well, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhouse View Post
    Blizzard started taking a different art direction around MoP and I can't say I'm a fan of it. New wendigo looks clean and fluffy, like he'd make a great rug or teddy bear. Old wendigo looks dirty, coarse haired, maybe even oily, and like he's got a bad case of foot fungus. He's a cave-dwelling, dwarf-eating, ugly monster. The black shading on the old model gives it a sort of grit, while the new models shading is smooth. Old looks dated in that he looks like origami, while new looks like play-doh. Old has a grimdark style to it while new is fantasy.

Same story for any other updated models. The extra polygons is a plus, but I'm more a fan of grimdark WoW.

wow is always cartoonish first