Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Anecdotal evidence doesnt prove anything
    Nor does representation.

Anyone who actually plays the game knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Nor does representation.

Anyone who actually plays the game knows that.
    Whatever you need to get through the day!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you need to get through the day!
    Sorry to ruin the clueless parade.

Sorry to ruin the clueless parade.
    Im done with you.

Im done with you.
    Ive had him on ignore for almost two years. Surprised more people dont.

Deleted
    Hunters are hardly a problem these days though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Im done with you.
    I'm glad.

It seems MMO-Champion PvP forums have the shared opinion of nothing being wrong with Hunter class design?

Also, representation proves that there's nothing wrong with their class design, guys!

This is not a thread about Hunters "being OP" (hence why he said they're shit at the minute) it's about a clear issue with their class design and how it works in PvP.

Try reading the thread again.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-06-30 at 01:54 PM.

These problems didn't exist in TBC (with the exception of resto druid and SLSL warlock). I'd suggest playing a TBC private server if you're into pvp because it will be a lot more fun than live. Since Activision came along pvp has only become progressively worse with each expansion.

I can see why he's on ignore. Ive had the luck not to encounter him before somehow :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why he's on ignore. Ive had the luck not to encounter him before somehow :P
    Because he can't respond with arguments and read threads, like yourself. Hard to address them, just ignore them.

Tell me how representation is relevant to this thread?

Tell me how there isn't a problem with hunter's class design?
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-06-30 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Casters can get gap closed and stunned / interrupted into oblivion by mongo melee.

Melee can get kited to hell by ranged.

Hunters can't be interrupted and can't be kited (especially in the case of BM). A good hunter is a hard fight for any class, fighting a hunter forces you to play smart because you can't just chase him around the pillar and hope that you catch him before his pet mauls your face off.

As a consequence, people throw a shitfit on the forums because they don't understand how to fight a hunter and get them nerfed. Notice how whenever hunters do good damage they easily climb ratings and cause a ruckus on the official forums? With the recent nerf, hunters still have no mechanical weaknesses but now their damage is so sh!t that they might as well stop playing arena for this season.

Hunters need a mechanical weakness or other classes need theirs removed. Most melee can't be kited right but but I'm presuming their plot armor will last only until the next major redesign (hopefully coming next xpack). Meanwhile casters either need to be able to cast 100% of their abilities on the move (at least in PvP) or hunters need their deadzone back.

And yes, I'm a hunter. I want a very obvious mechanical weakness that people would be able to exploit to counter me. I'm tired of hitting like a wet noodle in PvP.
    You are not playing your hunter right if you are a wet noodle. I can easily burst healers as mm and it takes minimum CC to counter anything. Their utility can be outplayed by a good rogue or mage.

Deleted
    Lol, hunters suck at pvp. Well not trash level like spriest, elem shaman and boomkin, but mid tier. Of course mid tier for a RANGED, which is little league compared to melee. Best ranged for pvp would be frost/fire mage and demo lock, hunter isn't even up there with these.

In before "pvp = 3s".

I don't arena but I World PvP a little, Im playing a RetPal, and unless the hunter in front is fully pvp gear and skilled, they usually end up dead after they use their aspect of the turtle. With more skills/gear, my defensive CD outmatch him in the long run, unless hes VERY good at kitting and use the terrain to his advantage, then I can lose.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I don't arena but I World PvP a little, Im playing a RetPal, and unless the hunter in front is fully pvp gear and skilled, they usually end up dead after they use their aspect of the turtle. With more skills/gear, my defensive CD outmatch him in the long run, unless hes VERY good at kitting and use the terrain to his advantage, then I can lose.
    World PvP is a massive joke at the minute and in no way representative of actual PvP.

every melee has like 3 gap closers, I've never been able to keep one off me for more than a few seconds unless I'm abusing some terrain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    The new philosophy of Blizzard for ALL their games is to dumb down everything to mindless levels. They won't revert back to anything requiring learning and differentiating player skill. The 50/50 design has tainted all their games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to add RNG within the gameplay itself and make WoW a hearthstone "flip a coin to win or lose" thing
    You mean HS isn't already...seems to be for me...played about a dozen or so games back then and I'd say about 8 or so of those games the RNG decided to give me all of my high cost cards up front...seems pretty coin flipped instant loses to me.

World PvP is a massive joke at the minute and in no way representative of actual PvP.
    Its PvP nonethless.
    What is the actual PvP then?

World PvP
    Battleground PvP
    Arena PvP

Which one do you consider to be the "valid" one in your opinion, and why? Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Back in my day we had a deadzone. Not just a 5yd minimum for ranged attacks - a 5-8yd zone where we couldn't attack. Between the removal of the deadzone and pet happiness I lost all desire to play my hunter.
    Ahh those were the days. Downside we needed ammo and could actually run out. Upside we could dual wield and still have a bow equipped lol.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Its PvP nonethless.
    What is the actual PvP then?

World PvP
    Battleground PvP
    Arena PvP

Which one do you consider to be the "valid" one in your opinion, and why? Please elaborate.
    Well if you don't see the issues with world PvP then you mustn't really know how Legion PvP works.

Instanced PvP is based around stat templates. All PvP balancing is done around those templates. Those aren't active in world PvP, that's why rogues can kill you in 2 globals and why tanks can 1v5. Damage overall outside of instanced PvP is stupidly high, not to mention certain legendaries like rogue cloak which makes fan of knives one shot a 10-man raid or valeera's which makes feint heal 20% of your HP.

If you can't understand why killing someone in half a PvE rotation isn't actual PvP then I don't really know what to say. That doesn't happen in instanced PvP.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-07-01 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    After the last thread with him, I've done the same.

Don't know what color the sky is in Krassz's world, but no one will ever convince him it's other than what his delusions tell him.