Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Where did you find that mention of "section 5" ?

- - - Updated - - -

edit: I see now.

That has nothing to do with raid wings, its editor's note.
    I don't think it's an editor's note, but a programmer's note for placing the fifth wing, that slipped through.

The thing that makes me think the most that there is one more wing, is the achievement build up. Argus the unmaker is in the fourth wing. I don't see why they won't give the final boss of the expansion a seperate achievement.

It could be a watcher/keeper like Odyn/Ra-Den for Amanthul. Maybe this is one of the one's that Sargeras created and named him Argus while he (Sargeras) continues to rebuild his own body.

I believe it was created by Sargeras but I don't think it has a world soul or maybe since Sargeras is trying to torture and turn the other titan souls maybe they fuel it?

Maybe it's a titan/created keeper partially void-infected..

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I still believe it is an placeholder name, and blizz got something in mind. Like secret ending or something only mythic mode.
    They wouldn't put vital Warcraft story moments in mythic only boss phases, that would be out of order.

My theory is that Sargeras is using the remnants and souls of the Pantheon to create a brand new super Titan, without the need of a world soul planet,to battle the Void Lords.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

hence the blue-ish look/glow

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no AotC not cutting edge achievements yet...

Incoming secret Raid wing closer to release date. Inb4 new achievement - Ahead of the Curve: Sargeras, Destroyer of Worlds

Why would the ultimate leader and creator of the legion(Sargeras) not be present in an expansion title Legion? It makes no sense and would be the biggest kick in the balls to the fans of WOW if he were left out. I'm not saying this Argus fellow is a placeholder for sargeras, I have no clue and would like to be a little surprised either way. But not having the creator of the Legion to some degree(no matter how small) in this expansion just seems highly unlikely.

The confusing point here is that whatever he is, he shows no signs of corruption at all. No Fel, no nothing. Even Sargeras's keepers have fire beneath their skins, the demons are fel-green, but this guy is pristine, clean and blue.

You would think if he were a Titan born from Argus he'd be corrupted. And if he were a servant of Sargeras he'd be fiery or fel.

He's clearly a Titan or Titan-creation though. And his name, "Unmaker" is obviously the anithesis of the Titans' title "The Makers". I think he's going to be something wholly different. Not corrupted, not demonic, but something else made specifically to unmake creation.

Also, there's a version of him without the helmet, and he clearly has a Draenei/Eredar-like face:

Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-06-30 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    There are no AotC not cutting edge achievements yet...

Incoming secret Raid wing closer to release date. Inb4 new achievement - Ahead of the Curve: Sargeras, Destroyer of Worlds
    Exactly. Just like what i posted before, the achievements are not complete yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I highly doubt that there is a major patch coming after 7.3. We are getting 3 zones, we are invading the main Legion planet, where could be facing Sargeras after this? Only in a future expansion with a different plot IMO. I cannot repeat it enough, Blizzard ALWAYS leaves a door open, every faction that we had defeated has the potential to come back, it won't be different with the Legion, especially with Sargeras alive and well for all that we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about that.
    I agree it seems 7.3 is the final main patch, which is why i agree with the other poster saying maybe Sargeras is there, but not in the ptr files yet, or the dungeon Journal. About leaving threads open for a return, that is not going to happen. Blizzard have said we need a more permanent defeat of the Legion. We've had 2 and a half expansions worth of Legion content, and as good as Legion has been, another would just be too much. Sargeras and the Legion must be defeated in some form, otherwise the expansion is pointless. Like, imagine how ridiculous it would be for Sargeras to not show up at all. He's showing up in some form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    There's a good chance, a very good chance, that Argus the Unmaker is Sargeras in some form. The entire plotline of this expansion would make a whole lot of sense if we end up killing him.

It could be wrong, maybe he's not the final boss but a lot of things are pointing to the fact that he will.

The truth is, there is a group who don't want him to be the final boss because once he's the final boss he's done. They'd much prefer for these lore baddies to be permanently out of reach if possible, a never ending threat continually recycled.

It's been nearly twenty years in real time. It is more than time for the Legion storyline to end. If Sargeras survives it means another Legion expansion and even if that occurs, the same people will still be arguing that he can't be the final boss there either. The final reckoning with this character cannot be endlessly deferred. It's going to happen eventually, so why not now when we invade the Legion's homeworld?
    I'm just confused that how this patch is coming so soon. That means we're looking at another whole year of content drought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I get a strong Thunder King vibe from him. Looks to me like he could be related to Mogu or Trolls? Or maybe he's the Titan that created the Draenei?
    Totally agree, he does look like a complete nobody pulled out of a Retardalon's lower orifice to serve as a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I'm just confused that how this patch is coming so soon. That means we're looking at another whole year of content drought.
    I think we'd better wait and see on that count. Pretty sure even if Argus is the final Legion Story, there will be more leading onto the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    I agree it seems 7.3 is the final main patch, which is why i agree with the other poster saying maybe Sargeras is there, but not in the ptr files yet, or the dungeon Journal. About leaving threads open for a return, that is not going to happen. Blizzard have said we need a more permanent defeat of the Legion. We've had 2 and a half expansions worth of Legion content, and as good as Legion has been, another would just be too much. Sargeras and the Legion must be defeated in some form, otherwise the expansion is pointless. Like, imagine how ridiculous it would be for Sargeras to not show up at all. He's showing up in some form.
    I'm not saying that Sargeras staying alive means that he's going to be the main evil of the next expansion. They are just letting him live to future plots, expansions or even Warcraft IV. If we look previous patterns:

- Burning Crusade: the Legion was alive and well after the end of the expansion, and Illidan too.
    - WOTLK: The Scourge it's still a very dangerous threat, especially since we don't know what Bolvar has in mind.
    - Cataclysm: the Old Gods still have a presence with N'zoth, and I wouldn't be surprise if they bring back the ones that we killed in some way. Plus Black Dragons are still alive with Wrathion and the Tauren from Highmountain, plus Twilights Hammer is alive and well.
    - MoP: Zandalari, Mogu and Mantind are still around to bring them when needed, conflict between Alliance and Horde will always be there.
    - WoD: Legion survived WoD to bring chaos to Azeroth.
    - Legion: the Burning Legion will be very weakened after this expansion, but they will survive, especially Sargeras. I mean, if the Titans are back in 7.3 after what Sargeras did to them, imagine how difficult has to be to permanently kill Sargeras after eons of knowledge, who knows what aces under his sleeve this guy might have.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    The model's design is actually quite reminiscent of Sargeras' original titan-illustrations, could either be related to a flashback event or WoW goes full-on cliché and redeems Sargeras.

Plus, 'Argus the Unmaker' is most likely a placeholder name for whomever the final boss is, which everyone thinks will be Sargeras himself.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Totally agree, he does look like a complete nobody pulled out of a Retardalon's lower orifice to serve as a filler.
    You pessimist. I don't know man, it wouldn't surprise me if he was Troll-related in a way. He kinda looks like a troll put into a Thunder King-like outfit. Maybe the progenitor of the Troll race. Just the vibe I get from it, doesn't have to be the case.

eons away of Argus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoutinelyWorgen View Post
    The model's design is actually quite reminiscent of Sargeras' original titan-illustrations, could either be related to a flashback event or WoW goes full-on cliché and redeems Sargeras.

Plus, 'Argus the Unmaker' is most likely a placeholder name for whomever the final boss is, which everyone thinks will be Sargeras himself.
    He seems to be the endboss of the raid, and I don't think that they would call him Argus, the Unmaker and have him be an enemy if it was a redeemed Sargeras. He looks nothing like Sargeras to me and they'll probably either pull out Sargeras as a surprise at the end of the raid, or he's gonna survive and do something beyond Legion.

I highly doubt that Sargeras will ever be a boss we fight. At least, he shouldn't be. We should never be powerful enough to take on a being that is the size of a planet and can kill entire worlds with a single swing of his sword. That's just my opinion though.