Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzeric View Post
    Well, apparently Sea Star was stealth buffed and is crazy good for us now. It'll probably get nerfed, though.
    Do you think? Yeah, the effect might be kinda good depending on the ppm rate, but after all it is still only vers as a stat...

Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    Do you think? Yeah, the effect might be kinda good depending on the ppm rate, but after all it is still only vers as a stat...
    After actually getting one tonight, I'm more inclined to think it's an amazing trinket rather than an OP trinket needing nerfing. While it has great output, you are right, it has static vers which isn't the greatest when you consider that cake had pretty good numbers (and absorbed rather than healed which can be considered an advantage I guess) but also some nice mastery to boot.

The range of the healing is also limited to 15 yards, which creates some positional requirements that you can't always satisfy.

That said, I hope they don't touch it. Yes it's very strong, but it's also about time we had a really nice healer trinket outside of Velen's. We've preferred boring stat sticks for far too long

sea star is like 10-15% of your output, and that ignores the fact it procs EoL

it's overpowered for resto shamans, holy priests, holy paladins and resto druids because of how mastery interacts with the trinket. for these specs i'm pretty sure a 50% nerf to the trinket's overall power would be completely justified given how ridiculously strong it is.

also, there have been plenty of "good" healer trinkets: EN dragons trinket, celestial map, cake trinket, dmcs, arcano etc

Not sure where you are getting 10-15% of output for holy priest. I am getting on average ~7%.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=2

Best I found, at 13%. Most of the top parses with Sea Star are in the 5-8% range.

Deleted
    Sea star is overtuned to the max, and even bugged for Rdruid. Get it now and abuse it cause it'll get fixed soon

Deleted
    Sea Star of the Depthmother is currently broken, as some have pointed out. What they forgot to say, is how ridiculously broken it is right now. Basically, in the last hotfix it was released as a pure % on cast trigger, not PPM system. It essentially has a 50% chance to proc on every PoH cast. This makes it extremely good for holy and shammies, as both specs do not have cooldowns on their AoE heals. What makes it even better for holy, is that our playstyle is mostly PoH casts and that healing from the trinket also triggers our mastery. So if you can snatch one, go ahead.

Other good trinkets would be Deceiver's Grand Design and Archive of Faith, but you need to use them well. Or a more safe option is Barbaric Mindslaver. Obviously if you can get an equal ilvl Arcanocrystal, it's a decent pick as well.

In regards to regen, Darkmoon Deck: Promises is pretty much the only viable choice. Fluctuating Energy is strong on paper, but unless you're a druid, you'll never get the same values as sims do.

Deleted
    Enlightenment is not good with short fights.
    High level spine can give more mana back even with filler flash healing.
    There are fights when you can go full spot healing. (desolate host)
    Mythic bosses aren't even downed... how can people say how is right way to heal (world first guilds/kills can use odd tactics/composition and its not always efficient).

Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    Enlightenment is not good with short fights.
    There are no "short fights" in ToS, unless you massively outgear it, in which case, you can do whatever the fuck you want and you'd still be successful.

Is Darkmoon Deck: Promises worth to buy atm?

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    Is Darkmoon Deck: Promises worth to buy atm?
    yes, it's the best mana trinket right now, IIRC.

Promises + Enlightenment = no mana issues. Hell, most fights on normal mode, I don't even have to use a mana potion.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO if you're not running out of mana you don't have enough haste. Should be targeting enough haste that you barely have enough mana to finish the fight at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailylia View Post
    IMO if you're not running out of mana you don't have enough haste. Should be targeting enough haste that you barely have enough mana to finish the fight at the end.
    Or just spam more Flash Heal / PoH.

Even with 0 haste, you can OOM yourself easily by spamming those. If you finished with extra mana, that doesn't necessarily mean that you did something wrong or you don't have enough of X stat. Could just be that you're running too many healers, or the other healers sniped more than you did.

With Enlightenment being the go-to tier 15 talent now, I wouldn't use a mana trinket. Why not go with 2 throughput trinkets? Mythic fights are lasting 5-6min right now for us (3/9M after one day of raiding) and you can easily plan your mana usage to be oom during the kill window.

Quote Originally Posted by Helcion View Post
    With Enlightenment being the go-to tier 15 talent now, I wouldn't use a mana trinket. Why not go with 2 throughput trinkets? Mythic fights are lasting 5-6min right now for us (3/9M after one day of raiding) and you can easily plan your mana usage to be oom during the kill window.
    Keep in mind that the 3 freebies are obviously going to be short. Sisters promises to be a 8-10 minute fight (and are 5-6 healed), host is 8min+ etc...
    That being said, there's arguments for and against both; If you have more mana, you can spam more high throughput spells in a pinch. With a throughput trinket, you will have a constant boost to all heals. As long as you can match any incomming damage without having to add more throughput through trinkets (eg, boss does 2M dps, you do 2M hps), mana is probably stronger for progression, because it lets you be more flexible with where you spam. Meanwhile, the time periods where fuck all is happening, your throughput trinket isn't doing anything useful.

Deleted
    I have the 3M heal trinket and love it. Another great heal to use other than the word one. Helps a lot to my playstile which is no PoH like huh and would echo and waste mana

Quote Originally Posted by Letalius View Post
    Helps a lot to my playstile which is no PoH like huh and would echo and waste mana
    If you're not using PoH, you're playing Holy horribly wrong.

Deleted
    chalice of moonlight and charm of the rising tide