Poll: Will we hunt Sargeras in the next Expansion

Is the next expansion a hunt for Sargeras?

With we beating the Legion on Argus, saving the titans and defeating Argus the Unmaker (Argus correpted worldsoul, or whoever he is) we will have squarely saved Azeroth from them for now.
    Throughout the expansion we destroyed crucial parts of the Legion's army, generals and footholds. Now without Archimonde (presumably), Kil'Jaeden, the planet Argus, the titans souls, and this freaking Argus the Unmaker, it seems like the perfect time to hunt a weakened Sargeras and try to put an end once and for all to him and his burning legion, isn't it?
    Illidan seems bent on fullfilling the Legion's demise, and if anyone played him in HotS, you know he sticks like glue to his target. Lore-wise, why wouldn't azerothians hunt Sargeras throughout the cosmos now?

So what do you think? Will "the hunt for Sargeras" be the next expansion? Or will we still face him this expansion? Or will we get a break from Legion next - maybe to deal with an Old God outburst- while Sargeras regains his strength and plot his next move?
    Last edited by Magemaer; 2017-06-29 at 08:28 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Sargeras won't go down this expansion, he will probably have something to do with Void Lords plot, either will help us or will be corrupted at the end. Blizzard is wraping up Burning Legion story this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If Sargeras won't go down this expansion, he will probably have something to do with Void Lords plot, either will help us or will be corrupted at the end. Blizzard is wraping up Burning Legion story this expansion.
    That's an interesting idea tbh! But isn't he too far gone to change his mind at this point?

- - - Updated - - -

People who think he'll still go down this expansion: what's your theory? Post 7.3 raid? Single encounter?

Idk....

And Idc....

Deleted
    Aren't we supposed to fight Burning Legion like 50 years into the future? #AnduinComic
    Or it wasn't canon?
    Or were they talking about just "striking", not necessarily the Burning Legion? I can't quite remember

Deleted
    Just like garrosh was the link to wod and gul'dan was a link to legion, sargeras is the link to old gods. Either getting his own raid after throne in argus (couple of bosses) or first one in next expac, which i admit would feel shitty. He deserves to go out with a bang. He also finally deserves to go out though, kinda excited and horrified at the same time about what future brings with all of the wc 2 and 3 lore being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Aren't we supposed to fight Burning Legion like 50 years into the future? #AnduinComic
    Or it wasn't canon?
    Or were they talking about just "striking", not necessarily the Burning Legion? I can't quite remember
    I think it might refer to void lords aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Sargeras is likely using Argus as a host body since Titan's bodies are made of planets and Sargeras currently doesn't have one (Kil'Jaden also tells Sarg in the 7.2 trailer that he gave up his world for him).
    Sargeras's true body is fine. This theory that his body is destroyed was never true. It's been proven wrong. Both by chronicle, and by the raid leading into the very core of the planet. Where we find not Sargeras, but Argus the Unmaker. Exactly where you'd expect the soul of Argus to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Sargeras's true body is fine. This theory that his body is destroyed was never true. It's been proven wrong. Both by chronicle, and by the raid leading into the very core of the planet. Where we find not Sargeras, but Argus the Unmaker. Exactly where you'd expect the soul of Argus to be.
    Even though the writer of War of the Ancients novel said that his body has been destroyed and he hasn't done anything himself and wasn't even seen since then. Also, nice that you know what happens in the raid based on Dungeon Journal in the first build of the PTR. For all you know, Sargeras is 12th hidden boss or Argus/Sargeras are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Even though the writer of War of the Ancients novel said that his body has been destroyed and he hasn't done anything himself and wasn't even seen since then. Also, nice that you know what happens in the raid based on Dungeon Journal in the first build of the PTR. For all you know, Sargeras is 12th hidden boss or Argus/Sargeras are one and the same.
    I've not seen Knaak's quote on that. I'm surprised no one's actually linked that in the discussions we've been having in recent months.
    Regardless, Blizzard retcons or clarifies things with time. And the recent source that's intended as the WoW Lore Bible says Sargeras got shunted back into the Nether, not destroyed.

And it is just very unlikely for Argus the Unmaker to be Sargeras. Sargeras can make avatars just fine. And they always look like him. Why would he make a creepy skeleton-head avatar that has absolutely nothing in common with him besides his gender?

I think we MAY get a 7.4, but...with just a small raid to keep us busy for until the pre-patch for the next expansion pops.

7.3 IS the last raid tier expansion, but..I think it isn't the LAST LAST Patch, not yet at least...

Here's what i'm hoping:

7.3= We defeat Argus The Unmaker, and defeat the Legion. However, Sargeras still lingers, and has made it it Azeroth. It's time to focus our gaze, and end Sargeras.

7.4= We defend Azeroth, and fight Sargeras in a 1 Boss raid. Here, we sacrifice our artifacts, and defeat the Destroyer. However, as a reward, we get specific Titles for our class. Like, for example:

Paladins= Defender Of The Universe.

Priest= The Divine.

Warlocks/Demon Hunters= The Destroyer.

Death Knights= Jailer Of The Damned.

Monks= Emperor.

Druids= Life-binder.

Shamans= Aspect.

Warriors= Slayer Of The Gods.

Rogue= Bounty Hunter.

Hunters= Sniper of the wilds.

And, lastly, Mages= Guardian.

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Paladins= Defender Of The Universe.
    Rogue= Bounty Hunter.
    Haha!

/10char

Deleted
    Want a crazy idea? Sargeras gets corrupted by the void and will be the boss of the next, void focused, expansion.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...OIDable-future

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    People who think he'll still go down this expansion: what's your theory? Post 7.3 raid? Single encounter?
    It is obvious.... Sargeras will be a world boss (duh), just taking a nice stroll on his planet while we start hacking away at his big toe until he stumble and fall in to the great dark beyond #7.3solved!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like Sargeras to be finished this expansion and if not redeem him I guess and have him help with the fight against the void but either way I don't want to chase Sargeras for another expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    It is obvious.... Sargeras will be a world boss (duh), just taking a nice stroll on his planet while we start hacking away at his big toe until he stumble and fall in to the great dark beyond #7.3solved!
    World boss, huh? Well Titans are prety much walking planets. Can't get any more world boss than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    That being said, unless the models datamined are avatars, I find the titans to be somewhat...underwhelming. Granted it would be near impossible to actually render titans as described in chronicle in game... I just don't see the purpose in confirming that actual titans don't look the same as keepers and then follow it up by making titan models that look the same as keepers...
    Well.........Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    World boss, huh? Well Titans are prety much walking planets. Can't get any more world boss than that.
    pretty much