Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No matter how many times you make this ridiculous assertion, it's never going to be true. Nothing is stopping you from getting that tax break, if you want it. You don't want it.
    Being not married stops me

Quote Originally Posted by Happynappy View Post
    Since when does something feeling so good make it right huh? Most murderers, rapists, and thieves feel good in themselves when they commit their acts of wrong. feelings are not the yardstick to measure what is right and wrong. Your type of thinking and conclusions my friend is what has the world living in the huge deception it's in.
    You are right, feelings are not a determination for what is right or wrong, so anyone who says being gay is wrong... is doing it based on their feelings. Banning gay marriage is people forcing their feelings onto others.

Why did the left-wing world's leader Angela Merkel vote against gay marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Being not married stops me
    Then you should support fixing the tax code, right along with legalizing gay marriage. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    She's a Christian conservative.

Why did so many bigots in America also vote against gay marriage?

I guess not much of a topic to discuss if we're veering off into debating tax breaks... for Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

it's almost like she's not left wing at all. more like a centrist and a social conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I love the analogy in your final sentence.

Luckily for my country, we don't tend to let the liberal whiners (and the conservative whiners) actually limit our freedom of speech. Sure, there's the attempts to protest at campuses, but most people just find those idiots to be tedious, and just ignore them.
    Check out this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNnB...ature=youtu.be

Here is a backup link:
    https://hooktube.com/watch?v=wNnBWCM...ature=youtu.be

This is a video that got taken down just now via a court order under the new law. In Germany I can not watch this as a regular visitor on youtube.
    I dont know if you are able to speak German or know someone who does or subtitles in English are available for you. But if you take the time you will see what the first victims of this new law actually are. Its not the KKK, its not Neonazi propaganda, it is political commentary and people attempting to provide much needed political education on the issues of the day in a comprehensive manner. Because ignorance isnt a virtue in a democracy that wants to remain a democracy.

This is how this looks as a german user right now:

So again, I am sorry for being salty as fuck. I know you LGBTQ folks are having a fabulous moment right now and you have all the right in the world to celebrate. But at the end of the day we are more similar than we are different and thats why this is probably going to affect you folks just as much as it does the straight ones. Tomorrow when the elation of that victory wears of this is the headache you will feel.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-06-30 at 08:38 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    By what possible interpretation is a christian conservative politician who disagrees with a federal minimum wage the "left-wing world's leader"?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No matter how many times you make this ridiculous assertion, it's never going to be true. Nothing is stopping you from getting that tax break, if you want it. You don't want it.
    I'm not getting involved in the whole argument but, to be honest, I can't just get married because I want to.

I'd actually like that to have a wife but it apparently requires the approval of some other human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Check out this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNnB...ature=youtu.be

Here is a backup link:
    https://hooktube.com/watch?v=wNnBWCM...ature=youtu.be

This is a video that got taken down just now via a court order under the new law. In Germany I can not watch this as a regular visitor on youtube.
    I dont know if you are able to speak German or know someone who does or subtitles in English are available for you. But if you take the time you will see what the first victims of this new law actually are. Its not the KKK, its not Neonazi propaganda, it is political commentary and people attempting to provide much needed political education on the issues of the day in a comprehensive manner. Because ignorance isnt a virtue in a democracy that wants to remain a democracy.
    I oppose the limiting of speech. I don't speak German, but my wife does. I'll have her translate for me in a couple hours.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I oppose the limiting of speech. I don't speak German, but my wife does. I'll have her translate for me in a couple hours.
    There is another thread on that

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    There is another thread on that
    I know, he was relating the two, and discussing how one may have been political cover for the other.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know, he was relating the two, and discussing how one may have been political cover for the other.
    Its not really

The gay marriage issue was gonna come up in the election if not for this.

Damn, I had no idea Merkel has something against gay people. Doesn't surprise me at all though, it seems to fit perfectly for her character.

Good to see that Germany is finally catching up with the civilized world though.

Then you should support fixing the tax code, right along with legalizing gay marriage. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

She's a Christian conservative.

Why did so many bigots in America also vote against gay marriage?

I've already said I support both of those

Merkel? left-wing? No way. She is as die hard neo-liberal as they come.

The social appearance is just there to con unsuspecting social liberals into accepting her.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    Damn, I had no idea Merkel has something against gay people. Doesn't surprise me at all though, it seems to fit perfectly for her character.

Good to see that Germany is finally catching up with the civilized world though.
    it is totally weird: she argumented even in favor if it on monday, but on friday she opposed. if you want to lead, then dont dance around the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If there's no reproduction - it's unnatural.
    If there is too much reproduction, it is unnatural as well.

At the end, homosexuality is a natural measurement to reduce the reproduction of a species.

All the fuss gays made about marriage and none of them get married. "Oh, it's not for me, but I wanted other gays to have the option."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    All the fuss gays made about marriage and none of them get married. "Oh, it's not for me, but I wanted other gays to have the option."
    Or.. some of them get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's mostly about things like gay couples being finally able to adopt children which wasn't possible until now.