Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I feel like WC3 holds up pretty well. D2 is absolute garbage graphically and UI wise now. Honestly, when I redownloaded it recently when they added it to b.net, I couldn't believe I stared at that shit for like 500hrs (at least).
    dude thats how games were. Diablo 3 may look pretty but mechanic wise its fucking trash next to d2. Upgrade the ui and graphics and we are golden. Fuck how long have we lost to pokemon and its sprites over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I feel like WC3 holds up pretty well. D2 is absolute garbage graphically and UI wise now. Honestly, when I redownloaded it recently when they added it to b.net, I couldn't believe I stared at that shit for like 500hrs (at least).
    Stuff in D2 that needs rework imho:
    - throwing potions. they could aswell remove them lol
    - hotkeys management for skills; having everything tied to the mouse buttons is pretty annoying (but hey, we all played years with that)
    - the run/vigor bar.

Anyway i think that if they change even this little things , the feeling simply won't be the same. D2 aged well mechanincally, but UI improvements simply lacked. We'll see when it happens.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Warcraft III is still functional.

Warcraft II on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by deloctyte View Post

Again, it has little to do with it being "functional" - after all, you can install Diablo II and play it on Windows 10 right now if you so desire as well. The issue is that they need to be updated to be sold on Blizzard's launcher, which I'd guess is where they make all their money.

D2 still has a pretty active community. They are still doing Ladder resets and you can find dozens of games at any given time doing baal/tristram/travincal runs. You can look on d2jsp (pretty much the core of any tradings for the game atm) and just see how many posts there are of people still bartering.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    you can install Diablo II and play it on Windows 10 right now if you so desire as well.
    Impossible due to the fixed resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Again, it has little to do with it being "functional" - after all, you can install Diablo II and play it on Windows 10 right now if you so desire as well. The issue is that they need to be updated to be sold on Blizzard's launcher, which I'd guess is where they make all their money.
    sorry but you can play it just tiny as fuck. It needs some resolution patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    D2 still has a pretty active community. They are still doing Ladder resets and you can find dozens of games at any given time doing baal/tristram/travincal runs. You can look on d2jsp (pretty much the core of any tradings for the game atm) and just see how many posts there are of people still bartering.
    Its funny that d2jsp is still around, they have literally kept the game going and contributed more to the community that blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't they remaster D1 and/or Warcraft 1/2 first? Those are the ones taht need a remaster most.

Warcraft II actually plays still quite well, I tend to go through it once a year or so. Now Warcraft 1 on the other hand...
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Why wouldn't they remaster D1 and/or Warcraft 1/2 first? Those are the ones taht need a remaster most.
    cus diablo 1 was good for its time but diablo 2 is just in a whole nother league. And warcraft 1 was an abomination.

I could be wrong, but didn't they have a posting VERY similar to this a few years ago and it just turned out they were hiring to optimize old games for newer PC's? (Which they've done a pretty crap job of)

Deleted

Warcraft 2 is fine. Maybe you just suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Warcraft II actually plays still quite well, I tend to go through it once a year or so. Now Warcraft 1 on the other hand...
    The biggest problem with Warcraft 1 is having to manually click the "move to" button on each separate unit. If they would add the right mouse button shortcut it would solve most of the problems.

Othen than that I still think Warcraft 1 is awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    cus diablo 1 was good for its time but diablo 2 is just in a whole nother league.
    Diablo 1 might not have the gameplay depth of Diablo 2, but it had a much darker setting.

Not being able to run might seem like an annoyance today, but it also added to the fear factor of the game, by not being able to escape enemies as easily. Also the light radius adds to this, by not exactly being able to see what's ahead. I have to say, judging purely on setting and vibe I'd say none of the later games tops Diablo 1.

But gameplay wise I'd say Diablo 2 wins. Diablo 3 tried to be the best of both worlds, but became the worst instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'd play the shit out of a d2 remake, the current game is too offputting resolution wise with my giant screens so I gave up on it.

WC3.... ehhh don't care as much.
    I'd play wc3 remake so i can see how sexy jaina would look remastered god she's so sexy.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The biggest problem with Warcraft 1 is having to manually click the "move to" button on each separate unit. If they would add the right mouse button shortcut it would solve most of the problems.

Othen than that I still think Warcraft 1 is awesome.
    Look, I too love Warcraft 1 but I can admit it's purely because of nostalgic reasons. The gameplay itself does not live to this date, not with it's terrible unit pathfinding, it's limited 4 character group limit (While AI has no restriction), alongside with other assorted, mostly AI related cheats.

It's a good nostalgy trip. It's not a good game by any modern standards. And I replay that too yearly, because it was one of the earliel games I ever finished and am very nostalgic about it.

Enjoying something =/= understanding it's major flaws
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, if they do a proper remaster of D2 and don't fuck everything up in the process, RIP all my other gaming time. Need me some more Javazon play.
    Without the real money auction house, I wonder what new things they'll add to ruin game play.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Without the real money auction house, I wonder what new things they'll add to ruin game play.
    d2 never had a real money AH, The closest thing it had was d2jsp.

Hell I would be happy if they just put D2 on the launcher and scaled it to 1920x1080 correctly.

Sadly I don't see D2 getting remastered until they fully stop supporting D3.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

D2 and W3 Remaster? *throws money at screen* Seriously.. I kinda "grew up" on these. D2 was seriously something I sunk probably 1000+ hours in to and I STILL go back and play through Warcraft 3 from start to finish every couple months.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, i think modders might did better job making W3 remaster in SC2 engine, than blizzard.

SC1 remaster mod on SC2 engine is beautifull.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    d2 never had a real money AH, The closest thing it had was d2jsp.
    I know but with every new release, Blizzard has the opportunity to capitalize and ruin things.