Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I still hold out hope that Iwan Rheon will carry it well enough to make the show watchable.
    He looked terrible when trying his best Magneto impression. Not inspiring at all. I R Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Wait to see how the story evolves before whining like a little Internet crybaby. There might actually be a reason for some if not most of it.
    Even a toned down Blackbolt shouldn't be making noise cause a cop hit him. There is literally no POSSIBLE reason, whatsoever, for Blackbolt to be making ANY noise, much less grunting and groaning cause a cop hit him. If you want to tone him down so hard that Blackbolt can actually be hurt by Officer Fucknut of the NYPD, fine, go for it. But he STILL should be doing it silently.

Well, originally Black Bolt wasn't much stronger/tougher than a human. It was only when he tapped into his "electron" abilities (That tuning fork thing on his head that helped him control that) was when his strength kicked in.

My reaction to the trailer is as someone else put it:

As the fate of most special effect shows go this will almost certainly be shutdown before the 1st season is over. Luckily it isn't on Fox so there is a small chance it lasts.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Looks and sounds WAY too mainstream and bland compared to what I've looked into. These Inhumans are supposed to be next level. This...looks B movie.

I wanted to see the terrifying power of Black Bolt screaming at Thanos, like in the comics. The man who stood toe to toe with a vengeance-seeking Hulk.

I wanted this:

But they give us this?

That sucks.
    Someone asking for a trailer to show the most amazing events possible in whatever it's promoting was the last thing I'd expect to hear. The internet never disappoints.

Im a sucker for superheros stuff so I'll give it a go but I'll admit, it was a bit bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'd also want Black Bolt to have that tuning fork thing on his head and Gorgon to have hooves. I didn't see Triton in the trailer either. The most authentic thing in the trailer was Lockjaw, and they didn't even get his teleport effect right.
    Triton is there at 1:16. He at least looks Triton-ish, Gorgon is just some guy, really.

- - - Updated - - -

And seriously, huge eyerolls to people crying about not having characters who are CGIed 100% of the time they're on screen. Because that would have totally happened. (And even if they did have the budget for that, I guarantee those same people who be whining like little bitches about how 'fake' it all looked.)
    There's been plenty of times where folks have said they'd like a series, but doubt it could be done right. If they can't do Medusa's hair except for a giant wig, then probably shouldn't have bothered. Either way she's still this grim looking lady with odd make-up. None of the characters have much of a presence, they look like a group you'd bump into at ComicCon.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I still hold out hope that Iwan Rheon will carry it well enough to make the show watchable.
    Well knowing that Ramsey Bolton is in this, is enough for me to at least try it.
    Putin khuliyo

Seeing that Black Bolt is being played by Anson Mount, the lead from Hell on Wheels who managed to convey a lot without saying much on that show, I'm going to give it a chance. I don't give a fuck about the animated hair (really, you expect them to use CGI hair for every scene she's in???) or other silly nonsense people are already bitching about. I have enough faith in Marvel to give them a chance here, and at least the characters aren't as inherently boring as someone like Black Panther. Now that movie is going to suck; it's only saving grace might be the eye candy and, hopefully, secondary and tertiary characters.

But that said, I didn't see anything too bad about the trailer. Black Bolt looks to be powered down a bit (which fits well into the Marvel universe, where no one is as uber all-powerful as they are in the comics; Hulk ring any bells?), but that's fine and will actually, you know, lead to some potential drama. He can already fuck over just about anyone he wants just by opening his mouth; he doesn't have to be Superman, too.
    I remember when all this same stuff was being said about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. That crap show lasted NO time... oh.... wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well knowing that Ramsey Bolton is in this, is enough for me to at least try it.
    I really hope they don't waste him. Ramsay Bolton as Maximus the Mad could be the most perfect casting Marvel has done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Marvel/Disney get wind of this and realise how awful this looks and cancels it from being apart of the Marvel/Disney canon.

Inhumans isn't something like Daredevil or Jessica Jones that's possible with a small budget TV show as their comics are usually very grounded and dark anyway. so you can get away with doing a TV show.

Inhumans isn't like that at all. They are not a grounded team, they are up there with The Avengers and X-Men in terms of scale you cannot make them into TV shows and so this shouldn't either.

Just by looking at the show the costumes look like cheap cosplay costumes, hell I know a few cosplayers than can create better costumes lol

I'll give the show a watch, but my expectations are so low right now.

At least Lockjaw and Crystal look good and Iwan Rheon will be pleasant to watch as Maximus for sure, that casting at least looks suitable. But damn so many wrong directions here.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-06-30 at 10:51 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Someone asking for a trailer to show the most amazing events possible in whatever it's promoting was the last thing I'd expect to hear. The internet never disappoints.
    My point is that I wanted to see a truer representation of the characters, not something akin to a Sci-Fi original series with homemade costumes and painted nerf guns.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Is that a 2002 SyFy show

Art by draken4o

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    My point is that I wanted to see a truer representation of the characters, not something akin to a Sci-Fi original series with homemade costumes and painted nerf guns.
    Yeah! Black Bolt NEEDS that stupid tuning fork on his forehead and idiotic wings for armpits or FUCK THIS SHOW! He also has to be a walking god that nothing can challenge despite how toned down the superheroes of the MCU are (oh and bee tee dubs, Superman sucks cause he's a walking god that nothing can challenge, so BORING)! And, and, and Medusa NEEDS ridiculous looking CGi hair or FUCK THIS SHOW! I'm not shallow at all! Those asinine 70s era costumes and designs are all super duper DOOPER important traits of these characters! COME ON MARVEL, GAHHHHHHHH!!!

Excellent actors who will almost definitely bring the characters to life? Fuuuuuuuuuck that, I need stupid costumes! Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!

<massive eye rolling>

P.S. I really love all the so-called "fans" who spell his name Blackbolt.

Excellent actors
    Where?

I watched Hell on Wheels, Mount was...fine? Not excellent. Rheon should be fine, I guess. The rest of them are largely unknown, so it's pretty lol to be selling them already as "great actors who will bring the characters to life".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah! Black Bolt NEEDS that stupid tuning fork on his forehead and idiotic wings for armpits or FUCK THIS SHOW! He also has to be a walking god that nothing can challenge despite how toned down the superheroes of the MCU are (oh and bee tee dubs, Superman sucks cause he's a walking god that nothing can challenge, so BORING)! And, and, and Medusa NEEDS ridiculous looking CGi hair or FUCK THIS SHOW! I'm not shallow at all! Those asinine 70s era costumes and designs are all super duper DOOPER important traits of these characters! COME ON MARVEL, GAHHHHHHHH!!!

Excellent actors who will almost definitely bring the characters to life? Fuuuuuuuuuck that, I need stupid costumes! Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!

<massive eye rolling>

P.S. I really love all the so-called "fans" who spell his name Blackbolt.
    It looks mediocre and that's a problem. AFAIK the Inhumans are a pretty big deal, shame to see them getting the short end of the stick when Avengers & Guardians soar high in theatres. Those characters look truer to their comic book origins than any of these guys.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

All I can really hope for is that the special effects aren't finished yet. I'm really desperately hoping that the Wig Medusa is wearing is mostly for reference and that her hair will be mostly done with FX
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    was this made on kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    excuse me! his name is barry

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    All I can really hope for is that the special effects aren't finished yet. I'm really desperately hoping that the Wig Medusa is wearing is mostly for reference and that her hair will be mostly done with FX

This. I think a lot of people aren't familiar with the inhumans and don't realize how important Medusa's hair is. If it isn't moving around like it if a living thing then it's a massive fail. I'll still watch it because I really like the royal family but my expectations are very low.