Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    As well as unprecedented levels of RNG and Legendaries.

It clearly took a lot of elements from Diablo. That is why Legion does not have more subscribers than WoD, despite more content and bigger team and more popular theme. People are sick of Diablofication.
    Now we have RIFTS also! haha soon we will be able to wear wigns, because we are killing gods and now we are gods.
    This Diablo team is ruining everything they touch, my director have a funny quote that blizzard should follow.
    "If i fire bad employees it means they will look for job and probably work on the rival, so they get bad employees and bad results, its good for me!"
    Let this Diablo guys be free and stop messing wow...

I feel im on diablo MMO right now, only demons everywhere, 100% of the time WoW is night, dark, green..
    Now RIFTS what a cool improvement uhay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artline View Post
    Now we have RIFTS also! haha soon we will be able to wear wigns, because we are killing gods and now we are gods.
    This Diablo team is ruining everything they touch, my director have a funny quote that blizzard should follow.
    "If i fire bad employees it means they will look for job and probably work on the rival, so they get bad employees and bad results, its good for me!"
    Let this Diablo guys be free and stop messing wow...

I feel im on diablo MMO right now, only demons everywhere, 100% of the time WoW is night, dark, green..
    Now RIFTS what a cool improvement uhay!
    Yeah, wouldn´t be surprised if the devs put Adventure mode next expac,

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Great semantic argument there, m8. Please go read Chronicle before posting about this sort of thing.
    Oh I forgot we knew all about void lords in 2007.

Why does going off world seem alien to some people? It was the second thing we did in the game back in BC!!

As for space ships didnt we have those back in BC too *cough Tempest keep *cough *cough Plus we have seen lazers and shit all the time.

Lets face it WoW isnt just a medieval game with swords and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Oh I forgot we knew all about void lords in 2007.
    I was talking about Old God/Titan differences in power. Nice try.

Its called progression though, I mean you can't take on the likes of Illidan, Lich King, Deathwing and then be like. Oh next expansion our big bad enemy is gonna be some murloc tribes along the coast and some splattering of trolls. We are unfortunately at the point in the game where the bad guys are of insane level and facing something less would be going backwards. I mean the odds that your character has killed all these things and is still just called "adventurer" would be insane. The game is medieval to a degree so you'd at least have been given the rank of a Lord or Duke by the king and have a castle and some land to call your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    As well as unprecedented levels of RNG and Legendaries.

It clearly took a lot of elements from Diablo. That is why Legion does not have more subscribers than WoD, despite more content and bigger team and more popular theme. People are sick of Diablofication.
    Quarterly reports would like to disagree with you.

Your wishful thinking coupled with how you feel about the game, don't change those. Legion does have more subscribers than WoD for sure, even with pessimistic outlook, and the "people" being sick of "diablofication" fill the same shoes other groups did for other expansions. If they're sick of lots of content, the themes, quick pacing of new content releases and all the rest, they're free to come back and try again next time.

Although I sincerely doubt that it'll change if WoW is indeed performing as it reads on the Quarterly reports. "Slightly ahead of WoD" during a quarter when WoD had not yet reached its lowest point, is still miles more successful than any other MMORPG on the western market.

As someone enjoying MMORPGs and WoW in particular, I'd say that Legion has brought largely positives. I never fell for Diablo, yet I don't feel put off in the slightest by elements borrowed from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Its called progression though, I mean you can't take on the likes of Illidan, Lich King, Deathwing and then be like. Oh next expansion our big bad enemy is gonna be some murloc tribes along the coast and some splattering of trolls. We are unfortunately at the point in the game where the bad guys are of insane level and facing something less would be going backwards. I mean the odds that your character has killed all these things and is still just called "adventurer" would be insane. The game is medieval to a degree so you'd at least have been given the rank of a Lord or Duke by the king and have a castle and some land to call your own.
    Tbf, we face menial tasks and enemies still all the same.

I get the feeling these people are actually longing for a time when they were new to the game and murlocs around a lake posed a threat to them due to that fact, ignoring also how those same murlocs became irrelevant mobs as they leveled. The feels couldn't be recreated regardless of how much they stripped the game back and brought it back to n00b-level achievements.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-30 at 10:51 PM.

I dont like the idea of wielding the strongest weapons on the planet, kinda tells me that there is nothing much left after were done with legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I dont like the idea of wielding the strongest weapons on the planet, kinda tells me that there is nothing much left after were done with legion
    The Artifacts are a means to an end.

Same as how people managed to move away from equipping Legendary weapons before, we'll move on from Artifact weapons should they take us to that. In that case, we'll probably get some other progression system (Path of the Titans?) instead.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Meanwhile, Legion is great in terms of overall quality of content and amount of content. People left and right are hailing it as the best since TBC, or surpassing TBC even. Polls show it high up there with WOTLK and TBC as the best iteration of the game.

Ironically, Legion has also seen a lot of whinging because it "requires too much investment for payoff". So whilst your buzzwords "instant gratification" might have held true during WoD, they don't anymore nor did they before WoD happened.

Millions of people evidently are NOT deterred by the game's story and our characters gaining some appreciation for all those end bosses we've been party to overthrowing.
    Overall quality of content: Clicking squirrels and nuts that award titanforged epax lootz. Bugs on professions needing 3+ patches to be addressed. Repeatable content to be kept on played, not for its merits, but because of RNG lootboxes every 10k rep. At least they gave us flying after 8 months, only to take it away on Argus.

Since you advocate that everyone's entitled to an opinion, well, Legion suxx, cause it managed to alienate new and old players alike with the extreme grinding, repeatable, ilvl lottery gameplay. kk?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Quarterly reports would like to disagree with you.

Your wishful thinking coupled with how you feel about the game, don't change those. Legion does have more subscribers than WoD for sure, even with pessimistic outlook, and the "people" being sick of "diablofication" fill the same shoes other groups did for other expansions. If they're sick of lots of content, the themes, quick pacing of new content releases and all the rest, they're free to come back and try again next time.

Although I sincerely doubt that it'll change if WoW is indeed performing as it reads on the Quarterly reports. "Slightly ahead of WoD" during a quarter when WoD had not yet reached its lowest point, is still miles more successful than any other MMORPG on the western market.

As someone enjoying MMORPGs and WoW in particular, I'd say that Legion has brought largely positives. I never fell for Diablo, yet I don't feel put off in the slightest by elements borrowed from it.
    The last quarterly report had just one phrase comparing WoD to Legion. CBA to find it, but if Legion was doing better than WoD, that would be a fact more elaborated in a quarterly report to please the stockholder. Their meager comparison of WoD and Legion (which WoD btw? the 10 million launch WoD or the selfie patch WoD?) clearly proves Legion is doing worse than you try to showcase here. As an opinion, i disagree with you. Legion doesn't have more than WoD players. If IN FACT it does, only Blizzard knows and only they can say it. Not me and definitely not you.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Overall quality of content: *snip*
    Again, the reports are there for all to see, you're welcome to check them. I have, and there's literally no reason other than wishful thinking to believe that they're telling lies with Legion performing slightly ahead of WoD during the same quarter. A quarter where WoD still had 7 million subs.

You cba to find it? Well I have, and I've linked it several times in this thread. It's official figures and statements put out to their stockholders, wether you like what they're saying or not. WoW is also counted as one of the games growing Blizzard's earnings along with the new giants.

As for the "crack nuts for epix" trope, been there, done that. We get it, some don't like that people can get a miniscule chance at good epix from a menial task. Before Legion, it was "vendor epix for casuals" and before that, "welfare epix". I however am not wearing a single quest item on my main character after all these months and doing WQ's for emissaries. Why? Because the content I do reward the best gear at the most reliable pace. Where's my 925 ilvl titanforged item from WQ's? The ones I got came from Mythic raiding. Not that I base my judgment of an expansion on 1 single aspect, I tend to partake in more than 1 area of content.

Quality and quantity is top notch overall, and if they can keep it up for future expansions with changes made where needed to design, there's good times ahead. You disagree? Sucks to be you I guess.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-30 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    As someone who used to love Warcraft's lore, I can agree with OP.

The fact that the game still has a good amount of players doesn't mean they're playing because of lore. I'm still playing because I have a good time with friends, and the game it's still fun, and other players play because it can be profitable, if you sell stuff. I don't think even 20% plays the game because of lore.

Being the leader, commander or the central figure in the story is good for any other games, but for MMO, it's shit.

The power levels are the worse, but you will always find people that tells you we already killed C'thun, Yogg, etc., but without mentioning that before, we all thought they were avatars and they weren't at full power. And the titans were just a bit more powerful than the old gods. Now, Chronicles changed everything, and the titans are almost all mighty, and we're going to defeat them on the next raid... and that's a total crap.

It' doesnt matter at this point, and if history taught us anything is that the vast majority can be wrong, or in this case of lore in particular, can have shitty tastes.
    We don't know the context around the Titan fights. But for instance we're not actually fighting Eonar, we're protecting her as she regenerates. And unless Blizzard makes our character models grow ten thousand times, we're also not going to be fighting any Titan at full power. They're planet-sized, or near enough. I believe it's more that Sargeras captured their essence, somehow, and the Legion is trying to corrupt that, having succeeded with Aggrammar.

Also, as far as I'm concerned Warcraft's never had a good overarching story. Sure, it had good story bits, like Arthas's storyline, Ulduar, the Mandid in MoP or Suramar in Legion. But even back to WC3 it still had a lot of dumb shit happen, and TBC was probably the apex of dumb shit happening, from the massive retcons surrounding the Draenei to many characters of note becoming raid bosses for little explanation other than ''they're crazy, kill them for purples''. The faction conflict has almost never amounted to anything more than ''X character is a hothead who hates race Y and attacks them at the worst moment for no reason, cue war''. There's always been dumb shit happening in Warcraft, and let's not get into WC1&WC2 where it was a Warhammer ripoff, except the Orcs were less funny.

That's why I'm fine with the overdone and pulpy storyline we're presented with. Because if Blizzard even tries something more complicated than giving us big evil monsters to kill, it usually falls flat on its face because they're terrible writers. Let them stick with what they know and let us have big, epic fights against impossible odds that we always win. Let this be the Marvel of video games. I got other fiction when I want more complex storylines, ones written by far better writers.

I'm just going to quote a post I wrote on the subject a bit ago, since I don't feel like paraphrasing myself:
    That's some good view right there. But frankly I don't think there's a turning back from this escalation of scale. Just look at the reaction when people do traditional fetch or kill quests that don't have any bigger purpose besides bringing someone these 10 flowers or 10 ogre heads for whatever reason. They'll immediately think "Duh, I'm Dragonslayer Îllídànqt why do I have to pick flowers?" and they're kinda right. It doesn't really make sense for the greatest heroes of Azeroth to spend their time killing boars and picking flowers for some dwarven lady. Also this escalation of events causes great harm to the very lore of the game. When you fight the very foundation of the game's mythology (uniting everyone into one big faction in the progress) and win then you'll end up with a shitty, empty universe.
    They can't fix this without stepping on the player's ego so they'll probably just make a new Warcraft game at some point or just abandon the Warcraft universe.
    Whoever worked on Mists of Pandaria understood this issue. They rolled back the scale they came up with in Wotlk and Cataclysm and introduced more interesting mythology to the game while emphasizing the conflict between horde and alliance. Mists of Pandaria truly was the renaissance of WoW.

To an extent, sure. The same can be said for those odd individuals that like, say, Tauren Paladins.

Regardless, Warcraft has definitely left its roots. It resembles a shoddy comic book. Thanks to the new direction, races, factions, etc. are suffering from a severe lack of development.
    What about those odd individuals that like Garrosh?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... We fought an Old God, minions of the Lich King, titan constructs, Elemental Lords, Dragons and demons in Vanilla....
    Yeah but when my character was a 1000 times stronger than they should realistically be able to become, it was pretty fine. 10.000 times stronger, though? Nah, they've lost my business.

The escalation of power is definitely the issue. This has become the main selling point of the game, having ultimate weapons and beating the ultimate bosses. An MMO is never supposed to have an "end boss", just like real life doesn't have an end boss. These types of things only exist because games today follow a formula that is based on the old premise that the player should be the ultimate hero and beat the villains by the end of the game. It is the same formula you see in single player games. But an MMO should never be about an "ending", because in theory you should have a balance of power between the player and the world in some form or fashion. Vanilla didn't have this problem because the game itself was primarily focused on leveling and therefore took up most of peoples time. But after vanilla each expansion has become separate games in and of themselves following the formula of a single player action RPG. There is no concept of "threat" anymore from the bad guys. They are just there to be beaten by the players so the player can pay for another expansion. That is not an MMO issue, it is an issue with how WOW has evolved.

The game play reasons for WOW being out of balance like it is are based on the fundamental basics of WOWS design. Players have no real significant death penalty. So even if they die twenty times, the cost is trivial to meaningless in the grand scheme of things. So no matter who the bad guys are, they are bound to lose. If they had greater penalties for dying including losing some 'artifact power' or even losing weapons themselves as part of the game, things would be a bit more balanced and pacing more realistic. Bosses cant really destroy the world because the players would be upset. If the legion really attacked azeroth in full power like they should, capital cities, quest mobs and quest givers might die..... That should never be a concern in an MMO. Those things are supposed to change as the stories change. But of course that means increased development costs for the game developer. And to go along with that, bosses cant be invincible. While the player is god and cant die, bosses are always killable if enough folks get together. Some in-game bosses shouldn't be killable within an expansion and wreck havoc on the world and basically provide a threat. And by that I mean they should be in game doing things but not be beatable even by 1000 top geared players on a server. It provides tension and the opportunity for story telling. And lastly there should be 'heroes' like us on the bad guys side. In real life there good and bad guys, so too in game there should be a force of individuals just like us on the bad guys side. This is what makes MOBAs and team based shooters so popular. You aren't just going up against a dumb mob in a scripted encounter. You are going up against real people just like you who are unpredictable. Nothing in a MMO says you can't have people playing on the side of the bad guys. In fact that is again one of the mechanisms that allows an MMO to be balanced. Theoretically is nothing that says that players couldn't have raids against specific players because those players are so "god like". (because in fact most wow players are walking raid bosses). This formula of having 'powerful artifacts' fought over by different factions, guilds or teams has always been a mechanic going all the way back to MUDs. Instead of everybody getting welfare artifacts, there would be only a few and that artifact could change hands through PVP or even PVE.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-07-01 at 10:09 AM.