Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.3 Shadow casting animations

7.3 brings some really cool new animations for Shadow and other specs.

Many animations are work in progress, especially Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain seem unfinished.

To avoid lag and heavy load i put them in spoilers. Just click show to view the animations.

Void Eruption
    Spoiler: 

Mind Blast
    Spoiler: 

Void Bolt
    Spoiler: 

Mind Flay
    Spoiler: 

Void Torrent
    Spoiler: 

Vampiric Touch
    Spoiler: 

Shadow Word: Pain
    Spoiler: 

Idle animation
    Spoiler: 

<inactive>

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should probably note that these are all for void form; you don't levitate when just casting in shadowform.

I wasn't particularly impressed by the other "new casting animations" (which are mostly unarmed melee animations in between casts).

But these, with that levitate and new void effect, look pretty good. For once, we didn't get the short end of the stick.

uh, my forsaken shadow priest turns like voidwalker blue in void form...

and her base shadowform is dark dark purple with shadowy flames.

here's my priest

and here's her shadowform

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    here's my priest

Now THAT I like. It looks like the new half-void creatures from the PTR, which have a much nicer effect than the void form from the gifs above.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Now THAT I like. It looks like the new half-void creatures from the PTR, which have a much nicer effect than the void form from the gifs above.

[IMG]http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2017/june/VoidBroken.jpg[IMG]
    i'm thinking mine is the correct stuff, and it's just that forsaken females have the only correct ones right now.

cause my shit looks so much better. also, the old see through shadowform blinks weirdly like it's broken. so i know my base shadowform is the right one.

hopefully they take the slow fall out of voidform. would be pretty funny dispersing on maiden with the bomb and taking a year to land back down

I love that they levitate!

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    hopefully they take the slow fall out of voidform. would be pretty funny dispersing on maiden with the bomb and taking a year to land back down
    I don't think the character is actually levitating (waterwalking, slowfalling), it's just a visual effect of voidform.

I don't think the character is actually levitating (waterwalking, slowfalling), it's just a visual effect of voidform.
    i just checked, it does actually slowfall you.

it should just be a cosmetic floating imo. i hope they do that and don't remove the levitate entirely.

i just checked, it does actually slowfall you.

it should just be a cosmetic floating imo. i hope they do that and don't remove the levitate entirely.
    Oh well, definitely, then. Voidform is part of the rotation, slowfalling is not.

Does it waterwalk too? Perhaps they're temporarily using a hidden version of the real levitate buff to achieve the visual effect.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-06-30 at 11:22 PM.

at the moment on the ptr it is exactly like levitate is cast on the player. you slow fall and can walk on water in voidform like this:

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    at the moment on the ptr it is exactly like levitate is cast on the player. you slow fall and can walk on water in voidform like this:
    Then I can only assume they were like "hey, how would it look if they floated while in voidform?" and did a quick copypaste of the effects of levitate to voidform.

Void Torrent STILL doesn't actually use the dagger like the description says it does? Yes, that one little detail has me disappointed in spite of all the other changes.

uh, my forsaken shadow priest turns like voidwalker blue in void form...

and her base shadowform is dark dark purple with shadowy flames.
    If you have Shadowy friend glyphed, stuff looks different for whatever reason. Probably part of not yet implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    If you have Shadowy friend glyphed, stuff looks different for whatever reason. Probably part of not yet implemented.
    i actually don't have the shadowy friends glyph. that must be what's causing it to break, not applied to other beings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Void Torrent STILL doesn't actually use the dagger like the description says it does? Yes, that one little detail has me disappointed in spite of all the other changes.
    It would have been far more interesting if we stabbed ourselves with the dagger, which was, if I'm not mistaken, the original idea.

Entering voidform by putting Xal'atath through our heart, now that would be metal.

I absolutely despise levitating while in Void Form. It seems more and more like the D3 Archon.