Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Remember that the landmass the expansion takes place in is really not a problem; Land can be risen from the sea, discovered from mists, introduced into our dimension through bronze shenanigans, created with magic/fel/void, a gigantic old god can rain from the sky and its body become a continent, etc. There are really zero real limitations behind the argument "but there is nowhere left for the centaurs to set up a base!"

Personally I still hope we will one day get the mongrel horde in some fashion, I think that can make for a far more interesting narrative than the void.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-06-30 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Void is just one-dimensional purple shit so who cares.
    That's TRANS - dimensional purple crap thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    1. The void lords and the void seem like a good candidate to take over to fill the power vacuum left behind by the Legion's defeat.

2. The Ethereal homeworld and their planes.
    If a void lord expansion occurs, where is the location? K'aresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    As far as significant lore basically all that's left is Azshara and Old Gods. Void is just one-dimensional purple shit so who cares. I think they are trying to whittle away the remaining mysteries of WoW so they can start fresh.
    The Void Lords seem like sort of a supreme bad guy, but they seem to get written off by people as a hackneyed idea. Are they a "newer" addition to the lore, thus lacking some legitimacy / interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Other than Azshara, old gods and the void lords we may also get Kul Tiras and who knows maybe Jaina will go crazy and will be a raid boss kinda like Garrosh in SoO. :P
    Jaina returning to Kul'Tiras seems likely, but would be part of a South Seas exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    We also have Ilgynoth's whispers. If Khadgar isn't the Lord of Ravens, maybe while we defeat the Legion, Odyn will got to Ulduar, somehow release or stir Yogg-Saron or N'zoth, and then we'll get a Naga themed expansion. Maybe it'll start off slow with some kind of rising threat we're vaguely aware of, then build up into full blown N'zoth or Void Lord territory.
    A small 7.4 raid or scenario about Odyn and Ulduar would be cool. If Blizzard goes with naga and old gods they will have to reshift the focus back that way after Argus (which itself points more to void).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm on the WotLK 2 train. I used to loathe Azshara, but intergalactic coalitions against the void sounds even worse.

Honestly, Warcraft just needs a "reset" expansion to take this game back to its roots.
    I agree that a slow progression of danger next expansion would help reset the threat level. Badly needed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Bolvar game of thrones versus Kel'thuzad is a possibility if we get a filler expansion. I have no idea how they could have an entire expansion worth of content out of that, unless they pull a WoD or MoP and the main villain or setting is irrelevant after like the first raid tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    8. Subterranean expansion (Northrend 2.0): Azjol'Nerub, Old gods, Faceless Ones, Twilight's Hammer, Fordragon the Lich King vs Old gods and new scourge.
    I agree. Part of what made WotLK so timeless was the tragic story of Arthas and his dealing with the plague and everything that came with it. Bolvar lacks this depth of background. Going back to Northrend (especially at this point) just seems very fan service-y and will probably be a hollow, boring affair attempting to relive something that is not at all re-captureable. I agree those plots should be revisited at some point however. Maybe nerubian underground stuff is the proper way to keep it fresh, but Blizzard is definitely averse to setting too much of an expansion underground. #thedarkbelow
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-07-01 at 12:02 AM.

We may revive the pantheon and they will aid us as we fight the void on azeroth to save the final titan. Or we first "birth" azeroth and she helps reconstitute the pantheon and THEN we fight the void lords.

I would've said that fighting the void on azeroth and then fighting the void out in space would've been two separate expansions, but everything is moving so much faster than I expected. I almost feel like N'zoth, naga and the void lords could be one big...final expansion. Though that wouldn't give the void sufficient time to build up in game the way the legion has, for example.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2017-07-01 at 02:17 AM.

I'm on the WotLK 2 train. I used to loathe Azshara, but intergalactic coalitions against the void sounds even worse.

Honestly, Warcraft just needs a "reset" expansion to take this game back to its roots.
    That was Cata...and WOD

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    That was Cata...and WOD
    I think by reset he means no big looming world-ending threat from the get-go, which both of those had (Iron Horde was kind of a joke, but still lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    We may revive the pantheon and they will aid us as we fight the void on azeroth to save the final titan. Or we first "birth" azeroth and she helps reconstitute the pantheon and THEN we fight the void lords.

I would've said that fighting the void on azeroth and then fighting the void out in space would've been two separate expansions, but everything is moving so much faster than I expected. I almost feel like N'zoth, naga and the void lords could be one big...final expansion. Though that wouldn't give the void sufficient time to build up in game the way the legion has, for example.
    To an extent that sounds like too much to me. Jamming too many ingredients into one dish. Ideally they space it out to keep what we're doing relevant without too much filler.

Aside from Sargeras having the enslaved world soul titan of Argus fight us we dont know much.

Amen. If the next expansion is fighting amorphous black blobs in amorphous Void-settings, count me out. I'm hoping for a totally redone EK and Kalimdor with level scaling. It won't happen, but a man can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Amen. If the next expansion is fighting amorphous black blobs in amorphous Void-settings, count me out. I'm hoping for a totally redone EK and Kalimdor with level scaling. It won't happen, but a man can dream.
    I don't think that is so far removed from possibility! They really LOVE this level scaling thing... it's been cascading in development ever since timewalking and they can't stop jerking off about it.

I personally like the void idea (esp the idea of playable ethereals), but after Argus I think they need to cool it down for a while - rather than just flooring it and turning everything up to 11 on the cosmic space knights meter.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, back to Azeroth, with a simplier plot.

Battling interdimensional terrors from the Void isn't really what my little Pandaren Shaman from the Wandering Isle signed for!

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post

Battling interdimensional terrors from the Void isn't really what my little Pandaren Shaman from the Wandering Isle signed for!
    While I would like a simpler story, and I miss the days of being a simple adventurer, I think wow is on a collision course with its finale 2ish expansions from now, and will only get bigger and more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    While I would like a simpler story, and I miss the days of being a simple adventurer, I think wow is on a collision course with its finale 2ish expansions from now, and will only get bigger and more complicated.
    Ion did say in a recent interview that the small time days of adventuring are essentially now behind us and seemed to support the idea that things will not de-escalate at least in terms of epic heroics and RP perception of our characters... kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I think by reset he means no big looming world-ending threat from the get-go, which both of those had (Iron Horde was kind of a joke, but still lol).
    So MoP? every other expansion had a world-ending threat in it. Even WC3.

yeah i would love another mop when race leader are moe involve in teh story

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So MoP? every other expansion had a world-ending threat in it. Even WC3.
    Pretty much mop and vanilla yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Ion did say in a recent interview that the small time days of adventuring are essentially now behind us and seemed to support the idea that things will not de-escalate at least in terms of epic heroics and RP perception of our characters... kinda sucks.
    Warcraft has always had an Epic flare to it. I mean they can reduce the stakes a little bit(IF they truly desire).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Warcraft has always had an Epic flare to it. I mean they can reduce the stakes a little bit(IF they truly desire).
    Over its lifetime, wow has transitioned player role from a mere adventurer to a garrison or class hall leader. It represents a clear escalation of player's role that they seem to not want to let up on. (Personally I and many others prefer the player having less of a spotlight on them even if we are still doing a lot). I would rather feel immersed in a war effort than leading it... adds to vastness of the world.

Anyway sounds like that isn't changing.

Couldn't agree more. I want to be fighting dragons and murlocs and picking herbs and pillaging dark caves. This whole "save the world, save the universe!" Is becoming so damn fanficy

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! There really isn't any reason for half the races in the game to go into outer space aboard an interdimensional starship battling galaxy-spanning demonic hoards with laser cannons. How do you even headcanon this shit for Tauren, Trolls, Worgen, Pandaren, Night Elves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly! There really isn't any reason for half the races in the game to go into outer space aboard an interdimensional starship battling galaxy-spanning demonic hoards with laser cannons. How do you even headcanon this shit for Tauren, Trolls, Worgen, Pandaren, Night Elves...
    The Burning Legion threatens your world? Better to destroy them at their own bases of power. That's not a problem.

Couldn't agree more. I want to be fighting dragons and murlocs and picking herbs and pillaging dark caves. This whole "save the world, save the universe!" Is becoming so damn fanficy
    Your idea of fanfic....needs updating.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I will say, after the main story of wow concludes, I wouldn't mind an expac that just lets us be adventurers again. It doesn't need to work canonically, just a send off expac.