Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be in the politics sub forum? Climate change is really more of a political "issue" than a scientific or any other issue.
    This thread was never intended as a debate about climate change, I was just simply asking a question about sea levels rising and about the science. Endus understood that (among others) which is why he responded the way he did.

Always good to hear other peoples opinions and information, doesn't mean it has to lead to politics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    This thread was never intended as a debate about climate change, I was just simply asking a question about sea levels rising and about the science. Endus understood that (among others) which is why he responded the way he did.

Always good to hear other peoples opinions and information, doesn't mean it has to lead to politics.
    Btw, they used 2 handpicked timepoints for the 50% result. If you look at the NASA chart they update every few months you'll see the average rise rate(y/x) over the time period has been pretty steady around 3.5mm, not increased by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I say, let the sea levels rise. I go fishing every couple of weekends.
    Doesn't the sea level rising pretty much destroy your flat earth hypothesis bullshit?

1/8 of an inch.........Oh the horror!!!! I hope the Paris accord works so in 100 years we can get the world temp down 0.02 degrees.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I agree with you, I was just giving a smart ass answer to that person's question. The Paris Treaty was a shit deal for the US but of course we are still the villain for the "blame America" crowd.
    No we became the villain because it wasn't a deal everything in it was voluntary, America basically answered roll call with FU to the world. The Paris accord got a lock of flack because it is symbolic not much else, it's a sad day when Israel and Palestine get together and agree to something and we say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Climate change is largely driven by global warming. They aren't the same thing. Nobody's stopped using "global warming" as a term.
    I'm talking about the media. They change it from "climate change" to "global warming" for the summer. Get with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Doesn't the sea level rising pretty much destroy your flat earth hypothesis bullshit?
    Not in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Well you already had that vote. Sorry your side lost. Over 60% of illegals come across the border. If we shut down even half of that with a wall I'd be happy. Nothing says stay the fuck out then a big sized wall surrounding your country.
    And nothing says stupid moron more than thinking a solution is valid after it failed over 2000 years ago ...

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't this thread be in the politics sub forum? Climate change is really more of a political "issue" than a scientific or any other issue.
    Only Murica climate change is a political debate ...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Probably a little overblown in terms of effect, but we still need to get to work on cutting pollution further.

I'd be interested in what kind of technology can literally suck co2 out of the atmosphere
    Harnessing it as a form of energy would be interesting, but I doubt very easily done. It is a gas, so arguably you'd have to try and compress it in order to remove it. We really just need to be eliminating fossil fuel driven vehicles in the next 25 years.

What people often forget is, that melting ice is not the only and probably not the main reason for rising sea levels. Sea level rises because the water in the ocean expands as it gets warmer. Water only shrinks when going from 0 to 4 degrees, above that it expands like any other liquid.
    Hence warming a mass of water such as the oceans, even by a small amount, increases the volume significantly.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And the main point to be had there is that adaptation is an expensive and long-term project, and needs to be proactive to be effective, not reactive.

You can't wait till the flooding in 2100 to start to do something. You need to make changes now to prevent or mitigate the flooding between now and then, and beyond. And that adaptation process will be ongoing. And expensive. Just significantly less expensive than the damages caused by potential flooding.
    If it can happen, it will. Nothing man can do about it but prepare the coastal cities the best they can. Like the Dutch did. Even those who are on board of the man made climate change, say it is too late to prevent some of it happening. So your mitigate some is correct.

Sea levels have risen and fallen significantly over a large span of Earth's history. This is not going to change. No matter what man does. He may hasten some parts of it. So not totally denying all input from man as having a impact. But it will still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    is just fake news duh guys the planet wont ever die god said so
    I thought it was that god would just magic us a brand new earth if we ruined this one. Full of milk, honey, guns and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    1/8 of an inch.........Oh the horror!!!! I hope the Paris accord works so in 100 years we can get the world temp down 0.02 degrees.
    Small changes add up. What we might barely notice now could make us extinct given a few millennia of buildup. That's assuming we don't kill each other over dwindling nonrenewable natural resources that we've become so dangerously dependent on in a much shorter time span.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-07-01 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm talking about the media. They change it from "climate change" to "global warming" for the summer. Get with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in the slightest.
    You mean to tell me, that seas rising don't fall off a flat earth? LOL Its a good thing there is no flat earth then.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the average temperature of the planet stable since 1998 ?
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2017-07-01 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Isn't the average temperature of the planet stable since 1998 ?
    Only if you ignore the last 19 years. Sure its been stable.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you ignore the last 19 years. Sure its been stable.
    Its not me who said this. It was science.

Just google it

Just google it
    Care to provide evidence of your claim? I googled what you said and got nothing to support your claim.

Just google it
    Considering the only "scientists" that say this are on the payroll of the oil and coal companies, PASS. I will go with the climatologists that are part of the IPCC and NOAA.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean to tell me, that seas rising don't fall off a flat earth? LOL Its a good thing there is no flat earth then.
    You're a brave man taking jabs like that knowing that if I respond, I'll get banned and the thread may be closed... a true lion of the forums, you are.

You're a brave man taking jabs like that knowing that if I respond, I'll get banned and the thread may be closed... a true lion of the forums, you are.
    LOL. Poor you, you can't spread false information to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. Poor you, you can't spread false information to people.
    Poor you, sir. Poor you.