Having a lore crisis. Halp! (Internet for "help", apparently)

I am confused as to the connection between the Undead, eventually "lead" by Arthas, and demons and a few more. If you can answer any, I appreciate it.

1. Was Arthas always too ambitious that his reign would've led to something problematic? In other words: Did his association with horrible cursed items cause him to become a douche or was it something they just exacerbated something in the young man?

2. Culling of Strat - arguably a totally necessary action: right? As you plainly see going through the dungeon, the people ARE in fact infected. Not saying it's not cold. That doesn't make it the wrong move.

3. Why do the undead and demonic forces clash? Weren't they created by the same entity?

4. When did "Arthas Menethil" disappear? At Cull of Strat? When he took The Sword? When he took up The Helm? Did he ever actually stop inhabiting that creature his physical body had become? (I know, multiple answers.)

5. So lastly - and this is pretty deep into lore so bare with my mistakes and correct them: The "Plague of Undeath" is a magical affliction first conjured by Ner'zhul, the Lich King (under the direction of the demon lord Kil'jaeden)..." So the demonic forces created the Undead on Azeroth.

MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: Exactly how are the Undead and demons affiliated? Are they enemies? Are they disappointed Grandmothers hoping you made more burgers for the party....sorry got personal there.

Deleted
    you are autistic

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-07-01 at 02:40 PM.

1. Arthas was always ambitious, as well as a bit of a douche. Though when he took Frostmourne for his own, his was the first soul it stole. So that's when he technically became evil. But he did plenty of terrible things before that, not even including the culling. (Such as hiring mercenaries to burn his own ships and then having said mercenaries executed.)

2. The main problem with the culling is how it was performed. Rather than attempting any sort of quarantine, he slaughtered the citizens of Stratholme indiscriminately, even if they may not have been plagued (though to be fair, the vast majority were.)

3. Undead were used as a tool by the legion to prepare the way for their invasion. The Lich King didn't like being a tool, so he rebelled.

4. He disappeared after killing Mal'Ganis in Northrend for a short while. He then returned to Lordaeron sometime later, where he was hailed as a hero, up intil he killed his father.

5. You kind of answered your own question there? I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. The Legion shackled the Lich King to their will, and used him to jump start their invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    you are autistic
    I'm not, but I'm very sorry. I had an accident 3 years ago and it makes it very hard for me to word things. Drain Bamage be the suck lol

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    1. Was Arthas always too ambitious that his reign would've led to something problematic? In other words: Did his association with horrible cursed items cause him to become a douche or was it something they just exacerbated something in the young man?
    While he might not have been the brightest king Lordaeron has ever seen, he wasn't despotic, corrupt, incompetent or unjust, he was just really easy to manipulate.

2. Culling of Strat - arguably a totally necessary action: right? As you plainly see going through the dungeon, the people ARE in fact infected. Not saying it's not cold. That doesn't make it the wrong move.
    Very controversial. Some will say he could have killed them only after they had succumbed to the Plague, and some would say it was, indeed, necessary, but not in that... Manner.

3. Why do the undead and demonic forces clash? Weren't they created by the same entity?
    The Lich King was formed by Kil'jaeden by locking the tortured spirit of Ner'zhul into the Helm of Domination. You see, the Lich King had no love for the demons. Indeed, it was necessary to place dreadlords to "jail" him so he wouldn't rebel...

4. When did "Arthas Menethil" disappear? At Cull of Strat? When he took The Sword? When he took up The Helm? Did he ever actually stop inhabiting that creature his physical body had become? (I know, multiple answers.)
    Arthas was there until the end. When he donned the Helm of Domination though, he rid himself if any purity and innocence left within him.

5. So lastly - and this is pretty deep into lore so bare with my mistakes and correct them: The "Plague of Undeath" is a magical affliction first conjured by Ner'zhul, the Lich King (under the direction of the demon lord Kil'jaeden)..." So the demonic forces created the Undead on Azeroth.
    The demoníaca forces created the Scourge, the single most powerful and unified army of undead Azeroth had ever seen. However, the undead themselves had already been seen own Azeroth, since all it really takes to make one really is a half-competent necromancer.

MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: Exactly how are the Undead and demons affiliated? Are they enemies? Are they disappointed Grandmothers hoping you made more burgers for the party....sorry got personal there.
    As stated above, the Scourge was created by the Burning Legion to scour Azeroth of its defenses so the demons could invade without resistance. However, the Lich King had no love for the demons and was basically a slave. Thus, when the chance came to become free of his jailors, the Lich King schemed to aid in the Legion's defeat and do as he pleased.
    Last edited by Ethenil; 2017-07-01 at 06:58 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not, but I'm very sorry. I had an accident 3 years ago and it makes it very hard for me to word things. Drain Bamage be the suck lol
    You aren't brain damaged. You are mildly autistic and an attention seeker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    3. Undead were used as a tool by the legion to prepare the way for their invasion. The Lich King didn't like being a tool, so he rebelled.
    Not quite. Ner'zhul knew that he was expendable (he could see the future somewhat), so he formulated a plan for his freedom. This turned out to be true. As soon as Archimonde was summoned to Azeroth, he discarded the LK and gave control of the Scourge to the dreadlords: "Since the Lich King is of no further use to me, you dreadlords will now command the Scourge."