Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ethereals would definitely be a neutral race just like pandaren. Would be so awesome!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Maybe I'm not up to date, last I read, their home was basically dead except for some dome zones that was meant to protect them against shadow magic, sadly not Arcane. Hence they are like they are. From there on, we saw them spread out under own control, the Legion control and well, allies to us.
    well, this is just a faction of them. we don't know the state of their overall peoples.

knowing how the void works, even if there were safe spots that still existed on their world, it likely wouldn't have been able to keep their minds from being attacked by the mental aspect of it. i doubt any of the holdouts would have remained sane for long.

but, i'm pretty sure that their world was destroyed entirely by their safety measures, now that i'm remembering. it was either something with their safety measures or something, but something in the destruction of their planet is what turned them into energy beings. they didn't used to be energy, they were fleshy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, this is just a faction of them. we don't know the state of their overall peoples.

knowing how the void works, even if there were safe spots that still existed on their world, it likely wouldn't have been able to keep their minds from being attacked by the mental aspect of it. i doubt any of the holdouts would have remained sane for long.

but, i'm pretty sure that their world was destroyed entirely by their safety measures, now that i'm remembering. it was either something with their safety measures or something, but something in the destruction of their planet is what turned them into energy beings. they didn't used to be energy, they were fleshy.
    Nah, their safety measures was appearently the domes, a little like the ones in Netherstorm, except, it apparently couldn't stop all the raging energy from the Void. It apparently reached through and set to tear them apart. if not for their inscribed cloths, they would've become wraiths. Or worse, nothing but a shimmer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Please please please -- they're awesome. Need them. Yesterday.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Maybe I'm not up to date, last I read, their home was basically dead except for some dome zones that was meant to protect them against shadow magic, sadly not Arcane. Hence they are like they are. From there on, we saw them spread out under own control, the Legion control and well, allies to us.
    they are basically space goblins.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It makes sense if we're in a void themed expansion, I mean who knows more about the void than them?

Would immediately change race or even brave the boring of the Alliance to play as the Ethereal. They are my most wanted race since seeing them in TBC. The only thing that would semi-stop me from playing them is if Arrakoa were released at the same time, and they were Horde. And I mean the awesome tall ass kicking Arrakoa, not the crappy outcasts with their canes and suck.

They might come, they'd fit in with a likely Void expansion, but I don't think this is proof.

The first reason is because ogres got an even better treatment than this in Warlords of Draenor, and that meant nothing. Ogres actually got a new, completely stripped down model with all ogre variants simply wearing armor over it. The new ogres were even more stripped down from the old ogres (missing the built-in bracers for instance) and had those things added back on per enemy.

These at least seem to be in the files as individual models for different bosses and such, so this armor appears to be baked in as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-06-30 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still awaiting Furlogs, or Children of Cenarius for Alliance yet... alliances races that are suitable but yet Blizzard seem to forget
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    they are basically space goblins.
    Space-Ghost-Goblins, yes. They'll rather do a deal than serve.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ethereals as a playable race? Well Blizzard, I give you $$$ and you give me that sweet race change option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It is entirely possible. The Ethereals we have met to this point have not needed armor so... why would they need it now?
    Maybe it's pretty cold on Argus?

These are probably expansion pre-cursor models in the same way we got demon models in WoD, including the brand new Fel Lord type.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Ethereals are dead lore, they're utterly uninteresting, they're just as important as those TBC birds arakoa or wtv they're called.

- NO LORE
    - BORING
    - WEIRD
    - UGLY
    - THEY'RE ENEMIES

They're a waste of space.
    pandas were the same, but instead they recieved an amazing lore and philosophy, fabulous art and suddenly all abandoned in game

We can only hope,

I'm sure they said in 7.3 Argus would feature like visitors from "other planets". Perhaps these are some visitors and their planet may be dead but they did go to Outlands (and if Warlords is anything to go by, they arrived after shit went sideways), we also have an Etheral in modern-day Dalaran as a vendor so perhaps... There is something they could do to make them more present.

Not saying they should, could and will do but it could an interesting ploy to use to explore the whole Shadow and Void thing? Why did they become like they have? If their planet is dead, who consumed it and how?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This is what bothers me about etherals.

Yes, I get it - some people will hide their character's faces under helmets and are fine with it. But every character you create has a customizable face, gender and we even have a barbershop to change it or a paid service for it.

Now Etheral: All you customize is the colour and still of the wrapping? Right?
    I think they would make sure that customisation could happen. Just look at anthropomorphic races in general when they could have easily made it much worse than it is.
    With all due respect, you spend most of the time starting at the back of your character and although it's great to feel the complete picture when you spin the camera and such... It's not really something you'll need indefinitely to play the game.
    Even beyond that, Skyrim for example, you make a face, body and more and you only see hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather get a new original race then using pre-existing races. Most of these people who create expansion ideas and come up with cool original race ideas are a thousand times more creative than half of yall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Would be nice and it would fit if: caster class, mail wearer, healer/dps
    So, Shaman only by your logic.

The exact arguments against were also made by nay-sayers against Goblins and Worgen.

Alas, they happened. Same with Pandaren.

Whilst I'd prefer to get entirely new races, the argument would then be turned into "This race has no lore in-game HURR!!!".

15+ Year Old Account
    You know, my first instinct is to say no, but the fact that they seem to be adding female models makes me think it is possible. They usually don't bother to add both genders to many in game races unless they are going to be playable one day. I don't know if its a thing that's going to happen next expansion, but I think it could be possible in the future.