Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Not sure what to even say at this point.

I loved the classic Robin Williams movie, but this one seems to take a different path. I mean it looks horrible but at least they didnt name it just "Jumanji"

I must ask why are they using a video game instead of a board game? Is it because those suits in Hollywood think board games are so "uncool" and kids are into video games.... I don't know. Especially when board games have made a come back recently...

They didn't even need to call this movie "Jumanji", it has very little similarities I can only imaged they slapped the name on it to bring in attention.

I let you guys judge.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-06-29 at 05:43 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    For some reason it wont play for me, but please don't tell me they are going 'in' the board game?

I mean, Christ, Robin Williams character literally had PTSD. He was eternally chased by a hunter with a big ass gun, and I always thought it was a terrifying hostile rainforest he was in was for years.

They might not be, but please tell me I am wrong?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    For some reason it wont play for me, but please don't tell me they are going 'in' the board game?

I mean, Christ, Robin Williams character literally had PTSD. He was eternally chased by a hunter with a big ass gun, and I always thought it was a terrifying hostile rainforest he was in was for years.

They might not be, but please tell me I am wrong?!?
    Does it show now? added another video

No they are sucked into a video game in this one, it has no ties to the original

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Does it show now?
    Yes, it must have been me.

God, that looks crap.

I understand reboot/remakes can be a good thing (I mean, Scarface was one), but seriously? I for a while held Dwayne Johnson in relatively high esteem as a reliable comedic action actor, but this and Baywatch before it is not going to helping him.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im speechless. Jumanji was a legendary movie when it came out. It stayed in theaters for a very long time. This...Im not sure what thos is. At least I laughed at the trailer.

Kevin Hart has gone full circle too. I cant be the only one who remembers old Kevin Hart that played in terrible movie after terrible movie?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This is very, very high up on my list of Things That Should Never Have Been Made.

Dear gods, this must be about the most terrible reboot/remake/adaption/whatever that I have ever seen. EVER.

How dare they stand where he stood.

Hope other people get tired of Dwayne Johnson some day

From what I've seen my only gripe with it is that its a video game instead of a board game.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Kevin Hart has gone full circle too. I cant be the only one who remembers old Kevin Hart that played in terrible movie after terrible movie?
    I can't remember him in any good ones.

Its looks like Breakfast Club and Jumanji had a red headed love child that went full retard!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So, everyone else managed to get clothes that fit them after they turned into adults, except the woman?

trailer doesn't look bad, actually
    They make a joke about that, its in the trailer. She looks good though must admit

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I would watch that purely for Jack Blacks character. The rest of it looks pretty "eh", but for that alone this movie looks very, very hilarious.

And I think that's the point. It's an action comedy, not an adventure commentary with some action near the end like the Robin Williams version.

Can it be possible that I reserve the right to like... Both?... Like the old and new Ghostbusters, or any other rebooted revamped nonsense?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I would watch that purely for Jack Blacks character. The rest of it looks pretty "eh", but for that alone this movie looks very, very hilarious.

And I think that's the point. It's an action comedy, not an adventure commentary with some action near the end like the Robin Williams version.

Can it be possible that I reserve the right to like... Both?... Like the old and new Ghostbusters, or any other rebooted revamped nonsense?
    Hot chick turning into a middle aged not so attractive man to inevitably learns life lessons about humility and self worth has been done before. The hot chick by rob schnieder http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0302640/

well, not sure what else to expect from Sony Pictures these days. if they're not pumping out Adam Sandler drek it''s... this horse shit. I like all the actors involved but this is clearly going to be another vapid CGI driven schlock fest. sigh, maybe if they go out there with the humor I might find it entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Hot chick turning into a middle aged not so attractive man to inevitably learns life lessons about humility and self worth has been done before. The hot chick by rob schnieder http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0302640/
    Nerdy guy gets buff, Athlete gets fat, average girl turns into hot bad ass girl. Just more body swap life lesson crap they put out before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trailer does not look bad but....this is one of those things where the concept is cool, but it doesn't need the title or brand Jumanji to make it a good movie, it could have been something good in it's own right.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Trailer does not look bad but....this is one of those things where the concept is cool, but it doesn't need the title or brand Jumanji to make it a good movie, it could have been something good in it's own right.
    See now this is what gets me, would people really care if this wasnt called Jumanji? I mean it really isn't nothing like Jumanji, which is okay I guess at least they didn't try remaking it like they did with Beauty and the Beast, but with this it feels like they could have called it 'Jungle Run: the movie', would anyone have cared.

It seems like they are cash grabbing off nostalgia. and we have had a lot of those recently :P

this is awesome, its like all those old 80s and 90s "you're in the game" movies except combined with jumanji

looks like its completely owning up to the fact that its cheesy and thats great.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'll be honest...I hated Jumanji. Robin Williams was a god of film, but I still did NOT like Jumanji. So them turning it into a videogame doesn't bother me in the slightest. And to be honest, I like it. I know the cool thing is to bash this trailer, but I think it looks fun. And yes, I WILL be seeing it in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The reason Hollywood does sequels is, unless the source material is already popular (and not like Warcraft popular) original IPs are a major gamble than something that is well established. This extends to many different original movies that have been released recently. Even if it does well with the critics sometimes companies don't even get back their production costs. For example, The Martian was well received/already a best selling and while it did it hit number 1 in the box office it took awhile for it to clear its budget for the movie/promotion costs.

This movie looks like something that was supposed to be an original IP but they did a "dolled-up" installment. A very recent example of an original IP getting "dolled-up" was 10 Cloverfield Lane. It was originally called (I think) the Cellar and instead of an alien invasion it was about nukes dropping. While thinking it was amazing screenplay it wouldn't stand on its own JJ Abrams tied it back to his cloverfield universe and made the ending what it was instead of what it should have been (generic alien encounter vs her seeing the world was nuked).

Someone at Sony probably realized it was close enough to Jumanji and since they owned the rights they could do a soft reboot instead of the risk of trying to establish a new IP, especially considering they have been doing a terrible job lately of doing so.
    Last edited by akris15; 2017-07-01 at 08:11 AM.