Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wtf? Angela Merkel voted NO for this??

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Who invented marriage? I would like a specific name, if you would.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marria...ry_of_marriage

He'd have to go ways back!

Although the Catholic church colored how we regard marriage these days in the west.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heterosexuals invented marriage for heterosexuals to give birthright to their kids. Such ancient history is not taught in schools anymore?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You really don't know who invented marriage? Are you trolling or something?
    It's not really possible to know exactly who was the first person in human history to be married, but marriage has existed in many forms for thousands of years - longer than any major religion around today. For most of that time gender wasn't a factor, it didn't matter WHO wanted to join together. Some cultures even celebrated same sex couples over opposite-sex. It wasn't until the Catholic Church decided to start sticking its nose into what was a wholly secular tradition about a thousand years ago that it became what we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Heterosexuals invented marriage for heterosexuals to give birthright to their kids. Such ancient history is not taught in schools anymore?
    The evil gays are stealing marriage from heterosexual people, it is terrible, just terrible that no heterosexual person can ever get married anymore in Germany after this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Christianity has the sole claim to it, duh.
    Actually, when Christianity began, it opposed marriage, as it was a system of state not faith, so Christians wanted nothing to do with it.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I do not think that this is very surprising, though? She is pretty much a center-right Christian-conservative politician, it was never very likely that she would vote 'Yes'. She agreed to having the vote, sure, but that doesn't entail that she actually agrees with the topic at hand by any means.

Which also leads me to the question why some people here call her left-wing. Is it just because of her stance on immigration? Because the CDU is definitely not left-wing.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-01 at 01:41 PM.

How hard is for people to understand that gays are citizens too, and as citizens, they should have the same rights as everybody else...

Marriage? Sure. Adoption? Of course!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    How hard is for people to understand that gays are citizens too, and as citizens, they should have the same rights as everybody else...

Stop being logical in the face of 4chan kiddie logic

Although I am in favor of same sex marriage I assume this victory will be short lived. It's very likely this vote is going to be disputed in front of the German constitutional court.

An interpretation of the Article 6 Grundgesetz by the court as of 2014 said the following:

"Zum Gehalt der Ehe, wie er sich ungeachtet des gesellschaftlichen Wandels und der damit einhergehenden Änderungen ihrer rechtlichen Gestaltung bewahrt und durch das Grundgesetz seine Prägung bekommen hat", gehöre unter anderem, "dass sie die Vereinigung eines Mannes mit einer Frau zu einer auf Dauer angelegten Lebensgemeinschaft ist".

It basically says marriage according to the German constitution is between a man and a women.

Ireland took the legislation process more seriously. They changed the constitution through referendum before changing the law. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a referendum in Germany (on a national level) and German lawmakers are notoriously sloppy at their jobs, so I assume this could backfire soon.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2017-07-01 at 01:43 PM.

If we are being honest and cutting through the rhetoric..

The high levels of suicide,depression, and body dysphoria are all issues that need to be considered. I realize that I am clumping groups together here but gay marriage at least in the west was the Pandora's box that lead to us castration children...

Marriage in itself is harmless so long as you don't strong arm religions to perform the ceremony for you thats fine. I haven't seen point in time though where this is nothing more then a spring board to some horrible things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

The high levels of suicide,depression, and body dysphoria are all issues that need to be considered. I realize that I am clumping groups together here but gay marriage at least in the west was the Pandora's box that lead to us castration children...

Marriage in itself is harmless so long as you don't strong arm religions to perform the ceremony for you thats fine. I haven't seen point in time though where this is nothing more then a spring board to some horrible things.
    lol
    top kek
    Cant wait for the inbox msg about how coy and not serious you are.

I honestly blame opera for the castration of children. Ever hear of Castrano? Some early church choirs had a similar practice

Deleted
    Amount of homophobia in this thread is depressing. I thought humans were more evolved.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Although I am in favor of same sex marriage I assume this victory will be short lived. It's very likely this vote is going to be disputed in front of the German constitutional court.

An interpretation of the Article 6 Grundgesetz by the court as of 2014 said the following:

"Zum Gehalt der Ehe, wie er sich ungeachtet des gesellschaftlichen Wandels und der damit einhergehenden Änderungen ihrer rechtlichen Gestaltung bewahrt und durch das Grundgesetz seine Prägung bekommen hat", gehöre unter anderem, "dass sie die Vereinigung eines Mannes mit einer Frau zu einer auf Dauer angelegten Lebensgemeinschaft ist".

It basically says marriage according to the German constitution is between a man and a women.

Ireland took the legislation process more seriously. They changed the constitution through referendum before changing the law. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a referendum in Germany (on a national level) and German lawmakers are notoriously sloppy at their jobs, so I assume this could backfire soon.
    Article 6 is not "per se" a man/woman thing.
    If parliament says: "Marriag is everything between M+M, W+W and M+W", then i would like to see, how constitution court can disagree.
    If the judges want to institute a "different, but equal" nonsense, we will gather the 2/3 majority sometimes later and throw their nonsense out of the window.

Dude, no priest is obligated to marry anyone... Not even straight couples, for that matter. Just check on how to get married in one of those cool 19th century churches to see how restrictive (and expensive) it is... Religious marriage is just a symbolic ceremony these days, anyways. But, when speaking from a government's point of view, every citizen should have the right to marry anyone he/she may desire, with the only requirement of the one being legally able to marry, of course.

And well, most of that suicide and depression rates are high cause you know, societies these days are still pretty homophobic, even in the west. There is always a congressman to bring God to the table backed up by a bunch of bible fanatics to do "the God's work".

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marria...ry_of_marriage

He'd have to go ways back!

Although the Catholic church colored how we regard marriage these days in the west.
    Christian conservative votes like most christian conservatives would.
    More surprising 70 CDU members voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Article 6 is not "per se" a man/woman thing.
    If parliament says: "Marriag is everything between M+M, W+W and M+W", then i would like to see, how constitution court can disagree.
    If the judges want to institute a "different, but equal" nonsense, we will gather the 2/3 majority sometimes later and throw their nonsense out of the window.
    Well, the quote obviously said so. It has nothing to do with "nonsense" and the way it looks now it seems very unlikely there will be a 2/3 majority for this with the new government seeing as SPD only reaches 24% in polls while CDU gets up to 35 % and AfD + FDP will join the Bundestag. AfD will definitly vote against this.

What I am saying is that this piece of legislation was sloppily prepared like so many others the government put out there and due to that it has a good chance to actually be revoked by the constitutional court.

No religious leaders are forced to officiate a wedding for ANY gender. And what the hell are you talking about castration for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, no priest is obligated to marry anyone... Not even straight couples, for that matter. Just check on how to get married in one of those cool 19th century churches to see how restrictive (and expensive) it is... Religious marriage is just a symbolic ceremony these days, anyways. But, when speaking from a government's point of view, every citizen should have the right to marry anyone he/she may desire, with the only requirement of the one being legally able to marry, of course.

And well, most of that suicide and depression rates are high cause you know, societies these days are still pretty homophobic, even in the west. There is always a congressman to bring God to the table backed up by a bunch of bible fanatics to do "the God's work".
    Dont bother. He saw a bad reaction to his "totally legit and unquestionable opinion" and will not convince himself that he was just trying to "get a joke on us"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    lol
    top kek
    Cant wait for the inbox msg about how coy and not serious you are.

I honestly blame opera for the castration of children. Ever hear of Castrano? Some early church choirs had a similar practice
    It was used in the West to bring it back. I don't excuse fucked up acts in the present because someone in the past did them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorechubz View Post
    No religious leaders are forced to officiate a wedding for ANY gender. And what the hell are you talking about castration for?
    Hes of the ilk that believes that they do tons of "research" on a topic to form their opinion. However a quick browse off /pol is not really research IMO.