Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zoolmod View Post
    As much as it may make sense within the lore, will they actually make sargeras the final boss? The fact that we have never actually seen him, let alone personally interacted with him in game, and given his overall mass importance to lore, i just cant see him showng up at this point, at least not in legion. But then theres no one else thats been built up to be a final villain. Am i overestimating blizzards storytelling/world building abilities here? will they just shit him out at the end of argus raid?
    Right now people just feel like it's him and him only. During Mists they said they wanted to go an expansion without saying who the end boss would be, but had to go back on it because of how Pandaria felt and with no "real threat" at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they are attempting to do it now. They built the expansion up and around the Legion. They've never hinted that Sargeras would be the final guy and left it up to us to assume. We all know from in-game quests (even the tomb ones) and such that we will have to fight Sargeras at some point to "end" the burning legion. The question is, are we officially taking the fight to him or are we going there in hopes to fight him and find out there's been another puppet master under Sargeras control that has been overseeing this whole thing in the event Kil'jaeden swapped sides or died. We won't know until the fight actually occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    He IS Gonna appear, as he has been datamined for an In game cinematic involving the pantheon.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=126010/sargeras-pantheon-igc
    That doesn't say anything at all though other than an avatar, image, etc of him could be appeared and blizzard purposefully named it that to throw people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Legion is supposed to be the end of Burning Legion once and for all
    Where have they said that? Or is it all player assumptions. All I recall is them saying it's time to take the fight to the Legion and try to end the threat once and for all.

lol the denial is real here. If Sargeras was the last boss they're not gonna hide it, they are going to hype people up for it. Sargeras physical body is too large to fight anyways. In chronicles they mention how big the universe is so Sargeras may not even be able to reach Argus if he was given years unless he sent a avatar. He is biggest named villain in warcraft. He's not dying yet.

If he was the last boss he would be in the journal if a model wasn't ready. They would just have the model section empty if they didn't have a model ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Right now people just feel like it's him and him only. During Mists they said they wanted to go an expansion without saying who the end boss would be, but had to go back on it because of how Pandaria felt and with no "real threat" at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they are attempting to do it now. They built the expansion up and around the Legion. They've never hinted that Sargeras would be the final guy and left it up to us to assume. We all know from in-game quests (even the tomb ones) and such that we will have to fight Sargeras at some point to "end" the burning legion. The question is, are we officially taking the fight to him or are we going there in hopes to fight him and find out there's been another puppet master under Sargeras control that has been overseeing this whole thing in the event Kil'jaeden swapped sides or died. We won't know until the fight actually occurs.

That doesn't say anything at all though other than an avatar, image, etc of him could be appeared and blizzard purposefully named it that to throw people off.

Where have they said that? Or is it all player assumptions. All I recall is them saying it's time to take the fight to the Legion and try to end the threat once and for all.
    That doesn't? Wow....

Seems like I need to show ya a bit more....

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=125565/yo...-corrupted-igc

There are going to be cinematics of the Past...

I'm sure of it....

While i can see us fighting sargares i dont think we will actually kill him. More likely just defeat him (which can mean he dosent die but withdraws etc.) Its just, i dont see killing him without help from the other titans. Or thier essence since thats all thats left of them anyhow.

If we don't see Sargeras in some way, that would be majorly disappointing. Argus the Unmaker is a huge disappointment as of right now. Here's this no name quasi-Titan as your final boss of the Burning Legion expansion.

Deleted
    I think Sargeras will be the end boss but he wont die. It is another set back for him, possibly we destroy his new body but his soul lives on. My guess is major legion story line will come to an end but they will still be around just like trolls or undead.

I was skeptical about us actually killing Sargy with just our artifcats, and guys like Velen/Illidan/Khadgar, but with the PTR showing all the Titans, it may very well be possible that they may come back and we finally end Sargeras like how we ended Malygos and Deathwing (read: with a LOT of help)

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    That doesn't? Wow....

Seems like I need to show ya a bit more....

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=125565/yo...-corrupted-igc

There are going to be cinematics of the Past...

I'm sure of it....
    Except I said it could be anything of him but the real (final) version along with the possibility of renaming. Never said he won't once appear in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except I said it could be anything of him but the real (final) version along with the possibility of renaming. Never said he won't once appear in anything.
    Idk, man.

Weirder things have happened....

For example, Kil'jaeden being a Mid-expansion boss...

Like...eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I don't know about that. Sargeras is a pretty big deal in-universe, but he's not a particularly iconic or well-known character to fans not already well-versed in the lore. He's never directly appeared in the series prior to Legion (and voice aside, still hasn't) and other than some vague concept art designs we don't even know what he looks like. Arthas and Illidan are iconic, popular characters who's stories a lot of players were already invested in from Warcraft 3. Sargeras, not so much.
    This is exactly why Sargeras won't die now. He is a pretty big deal and he hasn't had his build up yet. Deathwing wasn't that well known either, I didn't actually know who he was when cata launched even though I played from classic, but they built him up through the whole expansion. If Sargeras was the final boss of Legion they would have a big build up and market him. He has almost no references in-game in Legion, his voice appeared, but that's pretty much it. The world biggest creature is not just gonna pop in at the end of the expansion without a build up. Lots of casual players who don't read the forums probably don't know who he is because he has so little screen time.

If you asked people, before Legion was announced, who they think would be the final boss of all of World of Warcraft, most people said Sargeras. There is no way he will just pop in in Legion without a massive in-game build up.

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    If we don't see Sargeras in some way, that would be majorly disappointing. Argus the Unmaker is a huge disappointment as of right now. Here's this no name quasi-Titan as your final boss of the Burning Legion expansion.
    I agree, with all this build up it would suck if we don't fight him in the end instead some no name boss. If they weren't going to make Sargears the end boss, they would of made KJ it and put the no name as end boss of ToS instead of a no name boss at end of Xpac.

Argus the unmaker could very well be Sargeras when he merged with Argus world soul or something else, took a new name to show his new power hell it could even be a place holder name or Argus is 2nd to last boss and they haven't add Sargeras yet to the files till later cause of data mining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    If sargeras is the final boss either we will lose or sargeras will go into history as the most stupid Titan ever.
    He still has planets full of demons outside of Argus to send against us, so why would he rush to the frontline.
    He wasn't rushed to the frontline.

He was forced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MdAlmighty View Post
    This is exactly why Sargeras won't die now. He is a pretty big deal and he hasn't had his build up yet. Deathwing wasn't that well known either, I didn't actually know who he was when cata launched even though I played from classic, but they built him up through the whole expansion. If Sargeras was the final boss of Legion they would have a big build up and market him. He has almost no references in-game in Legion, his voice appeared, but that's pretty much it. The world biggest creature is not just gonna pop in at the end of the expansion without a build up. Lots of casual players who don't read the forums probably don't know who he is because he has so little screen time.

If you asked people, before Legion was announced, who they think would be the final boss of all of World of Warcraft, most people said Sargeras. There is no way he will just pop in in Legion without a massive in-game build up.
    W.. What? This dude has been built up for 14 fucking years mate. We have been hearing whispers about this dudes planet cleaving powers since as early as vaniller, and we began to know the scope of his destructive power in TBC. Since then, WoW has pretty much been building Sargeras up to be a god among mortals commanding a never ending army that never dies.

I'm not sure what game you've been playing, but this entire expansion has been pretty much "OH MAH GERD SARGERAS IS COMING FEAR HIM." Not to mention, we're not even sure if Sargeras has a physical body anymore (infact, chronicles confirmed he doesn't, and is just pretty much a titan soul since WoE), so the idea of him being all powerful and planet cleaving probably died 10,000 years ago. In which case, there are lots of things more powerful in the Warcraft universe than a titan soul without a body, like Azshara and N'zoth.

I personally am 100% okay with Sargeras, leader of the Legion, to be the last boss of the expansion called "Legion" in which the developers have gone and said, on multiple occasions, "The Legion threat will be dealt with in Legion." If you didn't see this coming, you're clueless.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-07-01 at 03:40 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    He wasn't rushed to the frontline.

He was forced.
    Force in what way? he can just move away from Argus, he is a titan they can travel in space.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-07-01 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Force in what way? he can just move away from Argus, he is a titan they can travel in space.
    But... Is he a Titan still? What did you think happens to something that gets halfway summoned across the universe and that summoning portal suddenly... Stops?
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-07-01 at 03:45 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I'm saying since forever that Sargeras won't be the final boss of Legion, and I'm saying it again here.

Won't even explain it all again. There is literally no argument or suggestion that he is going to be the final boss, apart from people "feeling" that he should die there because legion story should be "closed" for good.
    It's not "feeling" they literally said so at blizzcon. We're ending them once and for all. The burning legion won't be gone until Sargeras is dead. Not to mention that Illidan does have several voice lines where he mentions that he'll be taking down Sargeras. There's also the vision of Illidan becoming a being of light (with the help of the Naaru that's in the Vindicaar ship we travel to Argus with) and defeating the Legion.

Also OP, you really had to make a new thread? There's at least 5 or 6 more threads you could've used.
    Last edited by TriHard; 2017-07-01 at 03:44 PM.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...on-of-the-wolf (at least check the final page of the comic)

Isn't the enemy Anduin as an old man is going to fight, the the Burning Legion \ Sargeras? Wouldn't make sense if we defeated him now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    But... Is he a Titan still? What did you think happens to something that gets halfway summoned across the universe and that summoning portal suddenly... Stops?
    Am i missing something? We opend a portal to Argus not Sargeras...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...on-of-the-wolf (at least check the final page of the comic)

Isn't the enemy Anduin as an old man is going to fight, the the Burning Legion \ Sargeras? Wouldn't make sense if we defeated him now.
    No, that's not the Legion. That's the void.
    It's light against dark.

7+ Year Old Account
    The next raid will be Sargeras himself, hes that big you climb up him Shadow of the Colossus style

Deleted
    Maybe Chromie could also assist us in the fight against Sargeras by manipulating the treads of time and boost our level and power.