Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is that you're interacting with the general population.

Find or create an insular community devoid of outside influence. It's the only way to play while also retaining your insanity.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

https://translate.google.com/

Try it. You'd be amazed at how much better your experience becomes just from using a simple tool that is free for anyone on the internet. I've had people who couldn't speak a tiny bit of English perform mechanics and do boss fights perfectly because I just typed an explanation of what I wanted in, found the language they could speak (whether Spanish or Portugese) judging by what they typed or the server they were from, and just translated it and the copy pasted it.

It literally takes 3 seconds to go type in "google translate" in your browser and be brought to a smaller version of this on the search engine itself.

As for the whole "you elected him you racist fucks" nonsense, there are racists in every country and creed. Acting like this isn't the case is just childish and naive. Is it more obvious in some places? Certainly. But I can pretty much guarantee that any country who has connection to modern media outlets like TV or the internet has racists among them simply because of the poor light that certain people are painted in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Complaining about the language barrier is only an american problem.. European players have to deal with this on daily basis.

Learning a few basic words of portuguese or spanish won't kill you.
    Ehm, or they could adapt to the rest of Europe and learn the language we normally use to communicate with each other?
    - German
    - Russian
    - French
    - Italian
    - English
    - Spanish
    - Polish
    - Ukranian
    - Romanian
    - Dutch
    - Turkish
    - Greek
    - Hungarian
    - Portugese
    - Swedish
    - Danish
    - Norwegian
    - Finnish

etc,

there's over a hundred spoken languages in Europe, do you expect everyone to "learn a few basic words" in all of those, or would it be easier if all of them learned a few basic words of English?

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Yes. Majority didn't care enough.

- - - Updated - - -

But I do. He's your fucking president. Elected by your fantasticly democratic system. You are all in the same boat, until you prove us wrong (or right) in ~4 years. Enjoy your Freedom Fries.

Also the irony of these types of replies in this thread. Did you guys read the OP?
    Please put your jealousy away.. your backwards ass country will catch up eventually.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-07-01 at 08:00 PM.

I think it's hilarious someone made a post about this. OP, I completely agree that the overwhelming majority of players I've met from those servers have been beyond trash. I'm sure there are a handful of skilled players, but I don't feel the need to sift through the rubbish. I simply don't invite players from those servers or join groups led by them. Maybe Trump can build an internet wall? #MakePuggingGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Ehm, or they could adapt to the rest of Europe and learn the language we normally use to communicate with each other?
    - German
    - Russian
    - French
    - Italian
    - English
    - Spanish
    - Polish
    - Ukranian
    - Romanian
    - Dutch
    - Turkish
    - Greek
    - Hungarian
    - Portugese
    - Swedish
    - Danish
    - Norwegian
    - Finnish

etc,

there's over a hundred spoken languages in Europe, do you expect everyone to "learn a few basic words" in all of those, or would it be easier if all of them learned a few basic words of English?
    It's not a problem on European Server's since nearly every country you listed has English taught in School for up to 8 years as 2nd or 3rd Language after their primary national language.

Maybe American Schools should teach Spanish/Portuguese as a 2nd language since like the other half of the Continent speaks that.

Or it's a South American problem with teaching english in Schools as a 2nd but i dont know anything about that subject.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-07-01 at 10:36 AM.

Man this thread has got some folks that do some serious whining. Shit happens in pug raids every day since like forever. Just deal with it when it happens to you and try not to do it without good reason to others. But we all know sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

Crying about it isn't fixing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    My underpopulated server got merged with another server. The server they chose to merge us with was the unofficial Czech server. Now we can't find a guild or raid group because they only want Czech speakers, and you get flamed for using English in trade chat.

Blizzard knew what they were doing when they merged the realm, but they didn't care about the English speakers. They ignored the forum posts about it and when complaining to support they were more than happy to take our money to server transfer instead of doing the honourable thing and giving us free transfers to an English realm.

Edit: For the record, I play with people from all across Europe all the time, I have no problems with that; but I don't have any desire to learn how to read Czech, and think that Blizz would be better served making it officially a Czech realm.
    Better don't transfer to Burning Legion then, same story but with Poles instead of Czechs. :v

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Firstly; Don't pug if this bothers you. Join a guild maybe? Or just don't invite them to your groups or join their groups.

To be fair one of the best M+ groups I have had was with a full group of Quel'Thalas players. We did a +13 with ease and everyone was 915-920ish geared. Every server has aweful players when it really comes down to it.
    You would have to try quite hard to fail a +13 with 915+ geared people, even if they are atrocious.

Happens on EU aswell. Had a mage in my LFR yesterday, he was from Sanguino or w/e server that is not English-speaking and he was the only one who could lust. He did so after everyone yelling at him in raid chat for the entire duration of the boss fight and he lusted when the boss was at 3% (he said something illegible in chat making it clear he could not understand English, at least not clearly). Next two bosses he didn't even do that. And he had that mage timewarp legendary indicating that he should be at least aware of that spell
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-07-01 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Join a guild. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Well sure it depends on a particular player, but from my experience most of them do speak English to some extent, vast majority of them knows tactics and clears high keys/raids without issues.
    What I have seen more though , is people from 'normal' realms being absolute racist cunts to Russians just because they see a name in Cyrillic . True story.
    And from my experience they are all a bunch of useless people who piggyback ride off people and want to be boosted through raids, true story.

Whenever I make a group (usually for m+) and I see a Russian dude show up, I ask them if they speak English or not.
    It might sound racist but better safe than sorry.

Deleted
    I just remember times when people who I played with (maybe 30) never invited a single person from Pozzo dell'Eternita server. Horrible generalization, I know, but it was for the greater good back then. No idea how it is now.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Complaining about the language barrier is only an american problem.. European players have to deal with this on daily basis.

Learning a few basic words of portuguese or spanish won't kill you.
    No it isn't. I know plenty of EU players who complain about playing with people from Russia. Australians who complain about BR players. NA and EU players who complain about Chinese. Don't try and bash America when it is a problem globally. Blanket statements only show your disdain for certain people.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    It's a typical American problem. Their public education is craptastic.
    Most American students take 4-6 years of Spanish but yeah, our education system is pretty terrible so those 4+ years are more of just an effort to check off a box rather than actually provide students with some practical understanding of a language that's going to be the mothertongue of 30% of the population by 2040.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And from my experience they are all a bunch of useless people who piggyback ride off people and want to be boosted through raids, true story.
    Lol that's why the best guild in the world is Russian , suuuuure.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

it's simple: learn English or get the fuck off the Internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Lol that's why the best guild in the world is Russian , suuuuure.
    Are you implying that every time i'm in a group with drooling russians, they are all from the best guild in the world? Come on, don't be dense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    it's simple: learn English or get the fuck off the Internet
    You sure told them. I'm sure it'll be ok now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Are you implying that every time i'm in a group with drooling russians, they are all from the best guild in the world? Come on, don't be dense
    Im implying that the fact that the best guild in the world is from Russia, sets a precedent for high skill levels. My personal experience supports this. Obviously there are shit and obnoxious Russian players , but the majority isn't. Like I said in my original post. All I'm getting from you is a racist and toxic attitude to a whole group of people.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig