ToS Progress, StarCraft: Remastered - Aug 14, June 29 Hotfixes, Updated EU Cut-Offs

Diablo 3 Necromancer Guide: Diablo 2 Differences, Leveling, Sets, and Playstyles

Un'Goro Q&A with Ben Brode and Mike Donais

Tomb of Sargeras Progression
    Method, Exorsus, and Limit are now at 7/9 in Mythic Tomb of Sargeras. Method is doing detailed coverage of the race!

Patch 7.2.5 - June 29 Hotfixes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Achievements
    • Fixed a bug that prevented some players from receiving progress toward the Paragon of the Broken Isles Achievement.

Classes
    Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Defensive Stance can now be cancelled after 6 seconds (was 10 seconds).

Items
    • Tome of Unraveling Sanity now provides full Critical Strike effectiveness to all specs.
    • Shifting Cosmic Sliver will now function correctly for Protection Paladins when Guardian of Ancient Kings is glyphed with Glyph of the Queen.

Raids
    Tomb of Sargeras
    • Pets should no longer get stuck during the Kil’jaeden encounter when using teleportation spells.

NPCs
    • Broll Bearmantle and Thisalee Crow should no longer constantly try to enter Travel Form if the Druid they’re with is in Travel Form.

Player versus Player
    The previously announced PvP hotfixes are now live.

StarCraft: Remastered Arrives August 14
    You can now pre-purchase StarCraft: Remastered on Battle.Net.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Experience the original clash between the terrans, protoss, and zerg like never before in StarCraft®: Remastered, a lovingly crafted modernization of the award-winning sci-fi real-time strategy game from Blizzard Entertainment, which launches worldwide on August 14. Grizzled StarCraft veterans and new commanders alike can now pre-purchase the game through the online Blizzard Shop and receive some exclusive in-game rewards.

All players who pre-purchase before August 14 will receive three unique building skins for use in StarCraft: Remastered—the Char Hive, the Korhal Command Center, and the Aiur Nexus. Additionally, those who purchase StarCraft: Remastered will receive digital bonuses in StarCraft II, including the Alexei Stukov co-op commander and three unique portraits that celebrate StarCraft: Remastered.

StarCraft: Remastered adds modern conveniences to the original StarCraft experience while maintaining the same gameplay that has captivated a passionate community of gamers for almost two decades. It's also fully compatible with the existing version of StarCraft, meaning that those who purchase the upgrade can play with those who already have StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War®. Updates and new features include:

• Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
    • Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
    • New matchmaking and leaderboards
    • Player profiles that track individual statistics
    • Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
    • Higher fidelity music and sound
    • Switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button!

"Nearly 20 years ago, StarCraft welcomed millions of gamers to an epic sci-fi universe—and also helped form the foundation for esports as we know it today," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Passionate gamers around the world are still playing Brood War, both with friends and competitively, so we're modernizing the technology behind StarCraft so that they can continue to enjoy the game for many years to come."

StarCraft: Remastered will be available for Windows and Mac PCs for $14.99 USD and will be fully localized into English, Brazilian Portuguese, European and Latin American Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, and simplified and traditional Chinese. Learn more at www.starcraft.com.

Updated EU Legion PvP Season 3 Cut-Offs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Now that Legion Season 3 has concluded and we have finished our end-of-season disqualifications from the 3v3 Arena and Rated Battlegrounds ladders, we’ve updated the original post in this thread to indicate the final ratings cutoffs. These are the cutoffs that were used to determine distribution of rewards for participation in Legion Season 3:

Final 3v3 Arena Cutoffs:
    Cruel Gladiator (Horde): 2866
    Cruel Gladiator (Alliance): 3014
    Gladiator (Horde): 2615
    Gladiator (Alliance): 2723
    Duelist (Horde): 2149
    Duelist (Alliance): 2217
    Rival (Horde): 1863
    Rival (Alliance): 1928
    Challenger (Horde): 1594
    Challenger (Alliance): 1617

Final Rated Battleground Cutoffs:
    Hero of the Horde: 2345
    Hero of the Alliance: 2462
    Guardian of the Horde: 2007
    Guardian of the Alliance: 2106
    Defender of the Horde: 1796
    Defender of the Alliance: 1864
    Soldier of the Horde: 1628
    Soldier of the Alliance: 1647

Blue Posts
    Elemental Casting Animation Updates
    Thank you for providing early feedback on visual updates.

We are still in the early stages of PTR - there is a lot of work ahead to get this round of casters feeling the best they can. Providing specific details about what is missing the mark and why, as well as what is working well and feels great will help us guide the coming weeks of development.

There are many spell effects, animations, and sounds still being worked on, and will be continually introduced throughout PTR. Thank you for your thoughts, we are listening.

What about Warlock casting animations?
    Our project to improve combat visuals is ongoing. Warlocks (and other specs) are being worked on, but were not ready for this patch.

I miss when my race determined my animations.
    7.3 has a suite of new casting animations similar to our melee update at launch. Each race will retain their unique animations for many spells, while other spells will use new ones. Presently the core nuke spell for each spec (fireball, lightning bolt, smite, etc.) use race-specific animations, while less frequent highlight moments use class-specific animations, plus a few one-handed casts mixed in for differentiation, readability, and style.

We agree that custom race animations are critical to keep, but also that iconic spells like Lava Burst or Pyroblast deserve a defining, class-specific treatment. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Resto Shaman - Animation Update Feedback
    The new Chain Heal animation is actually using the wrong texture on the PTR - in a future build it will have a more thematically-appropriate "watery" color, as intended (similar to the particle effects you can see as it dissipates). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

NamePlates
    Quick update here now that the 7.3 PTR is up.

We're adding a couple of new options in 7.3 that can be accessed through these commands. These have been added based on feedback we've seen from the community and should assist in changing friendly nameplates where desired.

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!
    /console nameplateShowOnlyNames 1 or 0
    /console nameplatesShowDebuffsOnFriendly 1 or 0 (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

PvP Tuning Changes Coming Soon
    Just a heads up - these changes are not live yet, we're still finishing up testing.

Additionally, we have two small changes to add to these:

Warrior - Arms:
    Defensive Stance now has a 6 second cooldown before you can cancel, down from 10 seconds. This change is live, and is active in both PvE and PvP situations.

Warlock - Affliction:
    PvP Template Versatility increased by 10%. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

New Scenarios
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Scenarios
    Erasis: Leeching Power
    • Step 01: Stem the Bleeding (New) - Destroy the Blood Drainers
    • Step 02: Stop the Legion (New) - Kill the Legion forces
    • Step 03: Restore Balance (New) - Kill the Legion's commander on Erasis

Frozen Illidari
    • Step 01: Seize a Foothold (New) - Defeat Legion invaders
    • Step 02: Enhanced Enemies (New) - Release frozen illidari from their prisons.
    • Step 03: Change in Leadership (New) - Kill the Legion's commander on Sholoth

Gather Ingredients
    • Step 01: Gather Ingredients (New) - Gather all of the Ingredients

Harvesting Essence
    • Step 01: Clearing the Clearing (New)
    • Step 02: Push Back the Legion (New)
    • Step 03: The Legion's Commander (New) - Defeat any remaining denizens to ensure victory.

Island Rift Invasion
    • Step 01: Legion Lieutenants (New) - Defeat Legion lieutenants.
    • Step 02: Power Geodes (New) - Destroy Legion power geodes.
    • Step 03: Kill the Head (New) - Kill the Legion's commander

Rekindling
    • Step 01: Stop the Defilers (New) - Stop the Legion from defiling the fire elemental.
    • Step 02: Stoke the Flames (New) - Deliver Coalesced Flame to Pyrox
    • Step 03: Rekindled! (New) - Kill the Legion's commander.

Rift Breaker
    • Step 01: Rift Breaker (New) - Collapse the surrounding rifts with a stolen Flaming Orb.
    • Step 01: Scattered to the Winds (New) - Gather Energized Spores from an Energized Vine and Dive down onto the Spore Stalks to crush them.
    • Step 02: Outbreak (New) - Keep the from reaching the lava.
    • Step 02: Wild Wildlife (New) - Your actions have angered the local fauna, dispatch them.
    • Step 03: Secure Victory (New) - Defeat any remaining denizens to ensure victory.
    • Step 03: Something Wicked (New) - Defeat the Legion's Champion.
    • Step 04: Dive! Dive! Dive! (New) - Interact with an Energized Vine to gain the ability to Dive. Use the Dive ability to dive down at the spore stalks below to crush them. The higher you are, the greater your impact.

Seat of the Triumvirate
    • Step 01: Seat of the Triumvirate (New) - Defeat the Void presence drawing the Shadowguard and Voidbroken to the Seat of the Triumvirate.
    • Step 01: Seat of the Triumvirate (New) - Defeat the Void presence drawing the Shadowguard and Voidbroken to the Seat of the Triumvirate.

Spore Collectors
    • Step 01: Seize a Foothold (New) - Defeat Legion invaders
    • Step 02: Enhanced Enemies (New) - Kill the Spore-Enhanced Legion forces
    • Step 03: Change in Leadership (New) - Kill the Legion's commander on Sholoth

The Coldridge Cataclysm
    • Step 01: Have a Good Time (New) - Interact with Joren
    • Step 02: Panic (New)
    • Step 03: Gear Up (New)
    • Step 04: Find the Gnomenbrau (New)
    • Step 05: Embellish (New) - Extra Action Button
    • Step 06: Recover the Gnomenbrau (New) - Interact
    • Step 07: Find the Theramore Pale (New)
    • Step 08: Exaggerate (New) - Extra Action Button
    • Step 09: See Joren Run (New)
    • Step 10: Tire the Boar Out (New)
    • Step 11: Tame the Boar (New) - Interact
    • Step 12: Recover the Theramore Pale (New) - Interact
    • Step 13: Enter Frostmane Hovel (New)
    • Step 14: Enhance the Tale (New) - Extra Action Button
    • Step 15: Kill the Trolls and Wendigo (New)
    • Step 16: Find the Stormhammer Stout (New)
    • Step 17: Obviously Lie (New) - Extra Action Button
    • Step 18: Kill the Trolls and Wendigo (New)
    • Step 19: Make the Story Better (New) - Extra Action Button
    • Step 20: Defeat the Monster of a Troll (New)
    • Step 21: Relax for a Bit (New)
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-06-30 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Broll Bearmantle and Thisalee Crow should no longer constantly try to enter Travel Form if the Druid they’re with is in Travel Form.
    My ears thank you. Rejoiced too soon.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2017-07-01 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume, that one of exclusive content for remastered SC1 is free Stukov in HOTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    My ears thank you.
    Thisalee Crow is still bugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I love how nobody gives a flying fuck about the world race, lol. 7.3 overshadowed that stupid race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    I love how nobody gives a flying fuck about the world race, lol. 7.3 overshadowed that stupid race.
    Haha. Yeah. Been too busy playing the PTR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow so they finally fixed Thisalee Crow! I was beginning to think she had developed brain damage or something :x

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    >_>...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    Yeah.... =(
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

They need to fix Thisalee, it's just too awesome to fly around as the bird duo

7+ Year Old Account
    Method is doing detailed coverage of the race!
    This is just a list of who killed a boss, nothing detailed here lol.

Why would I want to re-buy star-craft and all that when I already bought it years ago?

Deleted
    That russian guild LUL *hello darkness my old friend* not a single mention as nobody can pronounce or knows what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    That russian guild LUL *hello darkness my old friend* not a single mention as nobody can pronounce or knows what it means.
    Exorsus. Very well known guild.

World First Nighthold and Xavius and fight very well at the top of the race since around MoP.

"I miss when my race determined my animations."

Have to agree with this, I was just noticing the other day how all my alts feel the same as the animations are all class based now rather than race. Seems sad to lose that extra flavor (and the new ones aren't even anything to write home about, was it worth it?)

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I assume, that one of exclusive content for remastered SC1 is free Stukov in HOTS?
    I just REALLY REALLY want Starcraft's Vanilla / BW music in High Def

i7 4700k - 32GB - R9 290 - Samsung 850Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    "I miss when my race determined my animations."

Have to agree with this, I was just noticing the other day how all my alts feel the same as the animations are all class based now rather than race. Seems sad to lose that extra flavor (and the new ones aren't even anything to write home about, was it worth it?)

agreed as melee i miss some of the old animations like human TV and crusader strike spins.. to many are shared between classes / attacks now.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    agreed as melee i miss some of the old animations like human TV and crusader strike spins.. to many are shared between classes / attacks now.
    That's what happens when they either don't have enough time to make that many animations because they are understaffed in animators, or when they don't have enough animators to animate it, or when they don't have the budget to spend more on animation, which includes hiring more animators, or when they are focusing animation on other tasks (which is doubtful considering how few new animations we get).

And that's why we get new creatures with the same animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always impressive to see that progress list after Wednesday, shoving out pretty much all but a few US guilds in no-time.