Just got a bag of Stygian ash from a map treasure chest. I assume its to summon Ixions fate, anyone know how? I know about the toy alexander hunt but thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Just got a bag of Stygian ash from a map treasure chest. I assume its to summon Ixions fate, anyone know how? I know about the toy alexander hunt but thats it.
    You use it to break the shield Ixion has.

Ah, so just wait for the fate to pop i see. Any idea on the times? King Behemoth was a nightmare on my server. Odin every other day but KB maybe once in 6 months!

Well that's Dark Knight at 70 as well as samurai/botanist/miner - gotta say Dark Knight questline finishers are always top notch quality every single time, just brilliant

Does anyone else happen to crash during Ixion fate or any S Rank fates that happen to spawn. I crash quite a bit when over 300 people are in the instance. Wasnt sure if it was just me. I dont have the best internet but i have never crashed with something like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Is it normal to be called a rude person if I wish to votekick an AFK player from PvP? Because apparently it is and votekick fails twice and leeches keep on going
    I'd say you probably ended up ina group that queued with the AFK player. Don't worry about it.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's Dark Knight at 70 as well as samurai/botanist/miner - gotta say Dark Knight questline finishers are always top notch quality every single time, just brilliant
    As someone who has completed the DRK 70 quest (slightly above 12 hours ago), I concur with that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soffker View Post
    Does anyone else happen to crash during Ixion fate or any S Rank fates that happen to spawn. I crash quite a bit when over 300 people are in the instance. Wasnt sure if it was just me. I dont have the best internet but i have never crashed with something like this before.
    Zone instance probably crashed due the high amount of players, their chocobos and battle actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Was pretty funny earlier, went to do Trial roulette - got Ifrit Hard. Bard popped Battle Voice and everybody who queued together with me "dodged" that effect, don't know about others in party.

Wonder why we can dodge beneficial effects.

As much as I want to get to 70 with my DRK, I really, really can't shake the feeling that the 60-70 skills were designed exclusively so the Job Gauge had some use. As if they designed the gauge first, then quickly bolted it's useage onto the skills. It gives the Job a really awkward feeling to it.

On that note; is it only me who thinks that all the tanks play pretty similarly now? I get that they were pretty close already, but they all have pretty much the same new mechanics for Stormblood, you build up your gauge with your attacks, then you spend it on a finishing move that uses upto half of it. It feels like they're separated more by their theme and asthetics rather than anything deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    As much as I want to get to 70 with my DRK, I really, really can't shake the feeling that the 60-70 skills were designed exclusively so the Job Gauge had some use. As if they designed the gauge first, then quickly bolted it's useage onto the skills. It gives the Job a really awkward feeling to it.

On that note; is it only me who thinks that all the tanks play pretty similarly now? I get that they were pretty close already, but they all have pretty much the same new mechanics for Stormblood, you build up your gauge with your attacks, then you spend it on a finishing move that uses upto half of it. It feels like they're separated more by their theme and asthetics rather than anything deeper.
    My wish would be that Square puts the Blood spenders off-GCD, would feel less clunky and feel infinitely more awesome. It's really boring also to be scaled below 66, it feels you need an eternity to get enough Blood...Not that you have many choices to spend it either.

@Anzaman You play on Odin, right? May have spotted you few times recently, if your name contains "Anz" or anything like that

10+ Year Old Account
    @Anzaman You play on Odin, right? May have spotted you few times recently, if your name contains "Anz" or anything like that
    Yeah, I'm on Odin - but my character name doesn't contain "Anz", closest was probably my original "Azi" - which some of the older FC members still keep using, "Anzaman" is mostly just on forums.

This is my character, I remade my character earlier and threw name change along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yeah, I'm on Odin - but my character name doesn't contain "Anz", closest was probably my original "Azi" - which some of the older FC members still keep using, "Anzaman" is mostly just on forums.

This is my character, I remade my character earlier and threw name change along with it.

Gotcha. Looks pretty nice!

Read few pages ago your FC lost many people to Omega's allure, but totally inappropriately right here and now I can tell you I know few names who might be seeking a FC, will pass your name along if your FC is looking for any members.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm pretty happy with all of the new dungeons, honestly. Trash hitting harder and being more of a threat is a lot more fun for me than trash hitting like a wet noodle and just being killed with AoE's as quickly as possible.
    My biggest peeve is that Doma Castle isn't a level 70 dungeon so in turn its not part of the expert roulette. I loooooove that place and it replaced The Vault as my new favorite dungeon. Speaking of vault, quite said that we never got a hard version of that place as it's deserving of it. I guess what's the point of going back there? Doma Castle could get a hard version and fit with the story I'd imagine but it would lose the reason I love that place which was that it felt epic.

But yeah they're strong for quick burst low life ennemies since they can kill them quickly due to dualcasting but in a long fight... it doesn't change much except for mobility.
    You're also forgetting the fact that the other two casters require some setup, especially BLM to do their best damage. RDM is just run in and destroy.

Need to get a bit better with my rotation methinks. 3% on Susano dummy at 305 is meh. As RDM as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was interesting moment earlier, was completing levequests for crafting exp. When suddenly some male Miqo'te walked next to me and out of nowhere asked if I'd marry his Lalafell friend. Apparently his friend is about to die to loneliness.

Read few pages ago your FC lost many people to Omega's allure, but totally inappropriately right here and now I can tell you I know few names who might be seeking a FC, will pass your name along if your FC is looking for any members.
    Mm, yeah - it was hard time, some FC members supporting transfer, some against, some didn't care - simply wanted to be in. Luckily it's more or less stabilized now. It's nice little family where we help each other, and now and then organize primal runs for older primal mounts (will most likely continue more often once people get jobs leveled and geared up). Lately even been helping people through 70 trial, since quite many apparently are getting stuck there.

But yeah, if you want, you can guide people either to me, other officer, or FC leader. Sarah is usually more in charge of recruitment, while I tend to be more quiet and watch that people won't act disrespectfully towards each other, but if people do whisper me, I'll be happy to give answers to their questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody here been able to successfully obtain Otter from retainer mission? Mine just keeps bringing rocks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Anybody here been able to successfully obtain Otter from retainer mission? Mine just keeps bringing rocks and stones.
    I'm still waiting for my rooftop.

Its a joke. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'm still waiting for my rooftop.

Its a joke. ;P
    Thieving retainers, bringing back fish and housing items.

10+ Year Old Account
    No otter yet. I want it to annoy @Faroth mostly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah.

SAM hits very hard as well - and since most people are leveling SAM/RDM in POTD it goes a lot quicker.

SAM is somewhat weak in PotD though.
    SAM is relatively weak in everything where and whenever he's not lvl 62.

RDM and BLM will rock the shit out of PotD.
    It might not even make a difference in speed anymore as long as you have 1 or 2 of them. Mobs won't even reach you.

Anyone know if there are any rotational guides for RDM? Kinda wanna get better because 3% on Susano dummy at 305 has kinda got me a little down. I know I can do better.