Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    But it's ok to bashing other nationalities? Fucking joke of a moderator you are.

#downwiththesystem

But it's ok to bashing other nationalities? Fucking joke of a moderator you are.
    To be fair, this whole sites moderators are a joke.

Deleted
    This thread is already my favorite.

Who cares if you joined a pug and no one there speak english? they have no obligation to understand and speak english, it was YOUR fault.

Other thing you all americans fell so special on pugs and bla bla bla but 99% of the times you guys are the problem on the pug and keep saying that the problem is SA people.

Just deal with the fact that you guys suck alot on the game and it is a PUG, i remember before the SA server that we played with americans without this mimimi.

Personally I just don't like it when I can't communicate with the people in my party. I've slowly been learning the names of the servers that are majority non-english speaking.

I'm sure I've been in a lot of groups where I was with players from these servers, and didn't notice anything, but the ones that will always stick out to me are where there are people that are causing a problem in the group, and I can't ask them to stop, because I simply don't know the language. It's not about nationality, but rather just inability to communicate with these players.

I don't want to exclude players from groups based on something as dumb as which server they're from, that'd really suck, but it seems lately I've been running into issues with the inability to communicate more and more from these servers.

Our guild doesn't invite anyone to our pugs from Ragnaros. Had too much trouble with them in our experience.

"Man that player sucks, doesn't know the mechanics, has no clue what he is doing" "Can we get him on Discord? We linked it several times already" "Oh hey, he is from Ragnoros" "lul... no wonder.. kick him"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Complaining about the language barrier is only an american problem.. European players have to deal with this on daily basis.

Learning a few basic words of portuguese or spanish won't kill you.
    Unfortunately the language barrier is not the only problem.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Portugese (Spanish).

Legit Triggered at this.

But agree with everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Them learning some english or basic raiding skills won't kill them, these are NORTH AMERICAN realms, not everyone speak spanish because of the poor guy from mexico. If they want to function of North American realms they should learn the language. European is different because it has a whole wide amount of languages, the but heavily primary language in North America is english, Canada is included in this.
    The problem isn't with Mexican players though. I know some basic shit in a lot of languages. I know some German, some Spanish, some Italian, SOOOOOOOME French, I can at least figure out the difference between Russian, German, Spanish, French, and Italian to at least easily look up some basic shit in those languages if I don't know how to explain raid strategy... but I don't know many people who take the time to learn Portuguese. Also, it seems that a lot more European players speak English in general well enough to communicate with each other. I've hardly met anybody from those servers who know English.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    The problem isn't with Mexican players though. I know some basic shit in a lot of languages. I know some German, some Spanish, some Italian, SOOOOOOOME French, I can at least figure out the difference between Russian, German, Spanish, French, and Italian to at least easily look up some basic shit in those languages if I don't know how to explain raid strategy... but I don't know many people who take the time to learn Portuguese. Also, it seems that a lot more European players speak English in general well enough to communicate with each other. I've hardly met anybody from those servers who know English.
    The bottom line though is that its North American realms, the primary language is English, widely used and accepted on every realm except for a handful. So why not just shove those server in their own little cluster and keep the drama away from the NA realms.

The bottom line though is that its North American realms, the primary language is English, widely used and accepted on every realm except for a handful. So why not just shove those server in their own little cluster and keep the drama away from the NA realms.
    Why not? Because queue timers are a thing. Imagine having 1/10th if not even less of the population, and trying to fill out a LFR. Queue timers would be IMMENSE. Fuck, DPS queues can already get fairly long, but if you can only get into dungeons and raids with the pop from 4 realms, that's going to be super fucking harsh.

You don't have to use them for pugs, but they are connected because they wouldn't reasonably be able to do the content where it doesn't really matter if theres a language barrier, if they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Why not? Because queue timers are a thing. Imagine having 1/10th if not even less of the population, and trying to fill out a LFR. Queue timers would be IMMENSE. Fuck, DPS queues can already get fairly long, but if you can only get into dungeons and raids with the pop from 4 realms, that's going to be super fucking harsh.

You don't have to use them for pugs, but they are connected because they wouldn't reasonably be able to do the content where it doesn't really matter if theres a language barrier, if they weren't.
    I'd rather wait longer than have a group of terrible players who can't speak english and don't know anything to begin with. Its pretty much fact that BZ and Spanish realms are the worst players on NA realms. So we really wouldn't be losing anything worth crying over.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Complaining about the language barrier is only an american problem.. European players have to deal with this on daily basis.

Learning a few basic words of portuguese or spanish won't kill you.
    I would love to see how well a raid goes with learning a "few basic words" of any language.

As a quelthalas player i understand enough english to play with US players and in our forums most of people agree if you dont understand english, dont get mad for be kicked. Pugs are always awfull in progress. Language is the minor of the problem. Bad RL and bad player are on every server
    Last edited by Otrew; 2017-07-02 at 02:06 AM.

I'd rather wait longer than have a group of terrible players who can't speak english and don't know anything to begin with. Its pretty much fact that BZ and Spanish realms are the worst players on NA realms. So we really wouldn't be losing anything worth crying over.

You didn't read what I wrote. The issue isn't YOUR queue timers; it's theirs. As I wrote; Imagine all group activities having to be done with the population of four realms, versus the norm at what, fifty? A houndred? It'd be borderline impossible. Just because you don't want to play with them, it doesn't mean that you can expect them to suffer intolerable queue timers. If they won't comply in a pug, they can always be kicked; That one is on them. But letting them fester in their own tiny population would make a lot of the game's content borderline unplayable due to wait times (PvP, LFR, dungeons).

As said, we have the same issue with russians, italians and french people here on the EU side; We just generally ignore them if they perform well, or kick them if they don't respond to prompts about issues. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You didn't read what I wrote. The issue isn't YOUR queue timers; it's theirs. As I wrote; Imagine all group activities having to be done with the population of four realms, versus the norm at what, fifty? A houndred? It'd be borderline impossible. Just because you don't want to play with them, it doesn't mean that you can expect them to suffer intolerable queue timers. If they won't comply in a pug, they can always be kicked; That one is on them. But letting them fester in their own tiny population would make a lot of the game's content borderline unplayable due to wait times (PvP, LFR, dungeons).

As said, we have the same issue with russians, italians and french people here on the EU side; We just generally ignore them if they perform well, or kick them if they don't respond to prompts about issues. No big deal.
    What's that have to do with anything? Asian realms already have that 'problem' but no one complains about it. So you point is mute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make sure to kick them each and every time.

I don't care if it's realm-ist but if they're from a Brazilian Server they gon' get kickt.

Deleted
    It's same in EU. Except it works and as a result we have larger playerbase to choose from.
    But I think walling Americans into their own little group would be good for the rest of us, if that would rid us of these constant nazi threads. It's obvious you guys are racists at your rotten core.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    I make sure to kick them each and every time.

I don't care if it's realm-ist but if they're from a Brazilian Server they gon' get kickt.
    As I said, Americans are just pitiful nazis. This thread keeps proving the point. Keep them locked in their own realms

10+ Year Old Account

As I said, Americans are just pitiful nazis. This thread keeps proving the point. Keep them locked in their own realms

Yep. Total Nazi here.

I make PUG Groups specifically advertising for Brazilian Players.

They come into my PUG Raids and I separate them by classes.

Melee in The Even Groups.

Ranged in the Odd Groups.

I set the Loot to Fuhrer Looter, because Master Looter isn't strong enough for me.

Then I have them clear the trash and proceed to kick them.

I delight in the horror as they ask 'What is going on' in their odd spanish words. Each of them being removed, running, desperately trying to pull the boss... Only to be KICKED.

I saw a Tank with his Warlock Friend. Desperately trying to console him.

I merely walked up to him, asked him in whispers.

"Is it Football or Soccer"

He did a /cry emote, knowing that he couldn't betray his love for correcting Americans on 'Football.'

He screamed, and tried to attack me.

But I'm a friendly target. Clearly superior to him. I ROFLed and removed his friend from the raid using my all powerful Raid Leader abilities.

He had to watch as his friends, all hearthed to wherever they came from... OR RISK BEING TELEPORTED TO THE GRAVEYARD!

He was the last one.. I needed him, for he would be my example. I lifted my hand, and right clicked, remove from group, as I teleported out of the instance.

I am Sherri Trump, and I will build the LFG Wall!
    Last edited by SherriMayim; 2017-07-02 at 05:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    Yep. Total Nazi here.

I make PUG Groups specifically advertising for Brazilian Players.

They come into my PUG Raids and I separate them by classes.

Melee in The Even Groups.

Ranged in the Odd Groups.

I set the Loot to Fuhrer Looter, because Master Looter isn't strong enough for me.

Then I have them clear the trash and proceed to kick them.

I delight in the horror as they ask 'What is going on' in their odd spanish words. Each of them being removed, running, desperately trying to pull the boss... Only to be KICKED.

I saw a Tank with his Warlock Friend. Desperately trying to console him.

I merely walked up to him, asked him in whispers.

"Is it Football or Soccer"

He did a /cry emote, knowing that he couldn't betray his love for correcting Americans on 'Football.'

He screamed, and tried to attack me.

But I'm a friendly target. Clearly superior to him. I ROFLed and removed his friend from the raid using my all powerful Raid Leader abilities.

He had to watch as his friends, all hearthed to wherever they came from... OR RISK BEING TELEPORTED TO THE GRAVEYARD!

He was the last one.. I needed him, for he would be my example. I lifted my hand, and right clicked, remove from group, as I teleported out of the instance.

I am Sherri Trump, and I will build the LFG Wall!
    Good one