Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    God forbid Blizzard provides option to what players wants to do instead of keeping it "special".
    By "giving options" they actually remove options, because after a few weeks, que times will be over an hour, you would no longer be able to do this content you have the "option" to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    I just started playing FF14 and while this is definitely one of the systems i like, keep in mind that there's a huge difference between it and WoW. Namely, the dungeons are required elements to be done in order to advance your main story while leveling. The quests actually have the objective as "Use the duty finder to complete X dungeon." In Wow, you don't ever have to do a single dungeon. In FF14 you not only have to do dungeons, but a few 8-player raids at the end of the level 50 stuff as well.

That's a big reason why Blizzard might see it as a waste of resources. FF14 can't see it that way because if they did, they'd be screwing over a lot of players trying to level.
    And that has absolutely nothing to do with the duty finder in general. They can adapt the system to WoW without having to make instances mandatory.

I think this was one aspect of FFXIV that I really loved. While 14 doesn't have the laundry list of instances available to it that WoW does, it's nice not being limited to ~3 endgame dungeons, or 1-2 dungeons per level group. You hop in the queue and you can get thrown into any of the instances in the game. The reward is always relevant, and that's something WoW can do - bring back the marks and tokens and stuff circa Wrath. WoW's system now is so fucking convoluted and inconvenient. They can simplify everything, even streamline it, but they won't.

The schism between the oldworld instances and the new ones can be fixed, too. They've updated old instances before. I find the biggest difference is that oldworld instances had a fuck-ton more trash to clear, which is great for leveling and makes the instance feel fleshed out. Now, you clear maybe 3-4 groups and hit a boss, repeat until the instance is done. Or you get places like Nexus from Wrath where there are hardly any trash groups, and they're spread around a huge instance that you just spend most of the time running through. THAT is how a lot of the post Wrath instances were done, and it fucking sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    By "giving options" they actually remove options, because after a few weeks, que times will be over an hour, you would no longer be able to do this content you have the "option" to do.
    That doesn't make any sense. The system in question just makes all of the dungeons in the game relevant. So in WoW, you'd queue up in LFG, and instead of only getting 4-5 instances as choices to randomly get thrown into, you now get like 40. It means you won't get burned out on running instances as quickly because you aren't seeing the same 4-5 every time you queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    I would love for "Timewalking" to be all year round and given its own Dungeon Finder thing. You could incentivize players by putting an AP token and maybe 5 additional withering essences in there as well.

This dungeon finder option would scale your Ilvl and lvl down to an appropriate level and can match you with players who are of that level. This way you can help out newbies and be rewarded as well.

It would not be heroic dungeons but rather just the dungeons you level with. This way these dungeons would not be left and forgotten once you finish leveling and never touched again.

I say this idea is from FFXIV because FFXIV has Duty Finder and keeps all the original dungeons relevant because they have a "Leveling Dungeon" option available and it puts you in a random dungeon equal to your level or below and offers rewards based on what level you are at. For example, if you were level 66, you would get a big chunk of EXP for doing the dungeon, but if you were max lvl, you would get 100 Tomes of Scripture and some gil. For Wow this could easily be changed to an AP token and some Essences.
    Hell no, Timewalking dungeons should be removed In my honest opinion, they're not representative of the previous experience you got In the older dungeons (Not Cata and MoP ones though, basically the same experience) but It misrepresents how TBC and Wrath dungeons were, really If I run timewalking It's to do the TBC/Wrath ones and laugh at people being confused at the boss tactics, realizing oh yeah, boss tactics were difficult and required COOPERATION back then, a word unfamiliar to the denizens of the Legion Expansion.

Stop putting Artifact Power rewards everwhere, It's not really a reward, It's drip feeding you little bits of power which In all honesty feels like a worse reward than a gear piece, or even a few badges that I know I can use to get better gear If I wanted to.

What blizzard should work on Instead, Is making the older leveling zones relevant still, but I think that's Impossible now since the story Is all over the place now with Vanilla areas being completely re-done Into the cataclysm era, which will take you from 1-60 and then 60-70 In TBC, which Is technically going Into the past, then 70-80 In wrath, and only then does the story resume but at that point you'll be confused about the entirity of it.

The zones should still be relevant and make you go through It, yes It should be easier once you did It already, but a new player might want to soak In the new areas, the character, the story and how will they do that If they just level from 1 to 15 and then spam dungeons until lvl 100?

The new player experience Is very bad on WoW, and making MORE dungeons to level In Is a very bad Idea, Instead make the zones relevant and fun to do, again If nececery for both new players and veteran ones.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    To this day, I still don't understand why Blizzard went with the "limited time level scaling" option in response to players wanting what FFXIV offered.

I guess they just don't see it as worth their time to scale every single dungeon.
    Pretty much sums it up ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    To this day, I still don't understand why Blizzard went with the "limited time level scaling" option in response to players wanting what FFXIV offered.

I guess they just don't see it as worth their time to scale every single dungeon.
    or you know, they can never capture how the dungeons felt when they really came out, so it is really nothign but your running the dungeon on EZ mode
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Hell no, Timewalking dungeons should be removed In my honest opinion, they're not representative of the previous experience you got In the older dungeons (Not Cata and MoP ones though, basically the same experience) but It misrepresents how TBC and Wrath dungeons were, really If I run timewalking It's to do the TBC/Wrath ones and laugh at people being confused at the boss tactics, realizing oh yeah, boss tactics were difficult and required COOPERATION back then, a word unfamiliar to the denizens of the Legion Expansion.
    Going to disagree with you here. I have the same experience in TW that I did back when these were current content, after a few months. What I mean is that most dungeons are only hard for a few weeks, maybe months. Then people start to over gear them, everyone knows the mechanics, and it they fall over easily. Most of the people going into TW already know the mechanics and gear is set to above what the dungeon dropped. I've debated with myself if I think gear should be set to what the dungeon dropped or not, it would bring it closer to the 'difficulty' people remember from the dungeons.

Stop putting Artifact Power rewards everwhere, It's not really a reward, It's drip feeding you little bits of power which In all honesty feels like a worse reward than a gear piece, or even a few badges that I know I can use to get better gear If I wanted to.
    I disagree. Valor, badges, etc were only good for a few pieces of gear then I just spent them on what made me the most money. AP is forever useful and feels more rewarding to me.

What blizzard should work on Instead, Is making the older leveling zones relevant still, but I think that's Impossible now since the story Is all over the place now with Vanilla areas being completely re-done Into the cataclysm era, which will take you from 1-60 and then 60-70 In TBC, which Is technically going Into the past, then 70-80 In wrath, and only then does the story resume but at that point you'll be confused about the entirity of it.

The zones should still be relevant and make you go through It, yes It should be easier once you did It already, but a new player might want to soak In the new areas, the character, the story and how will they do that If they just level from 1 to 15 and then spam dungeons until lvl 100?

The new player experience Is very bad on WoW, and making MORE dungeons to level In Is a very bad Idea, Instead make the zones relevant and fun to do, again If nececery for both new players and veteran ones.
    They actually have said they are working on this. Leveling is not where they want it and in one of the Q&As a few months back they tossed out a couple ideas that they're playing around with. I'm hoping it comes with 8.0 but blizzard likes to take their time with things.

OT: I would not care for this myself. TBH the only reason I run time walking is for the badges so I can buy mounts and pets. Make it year long and I'll just get what I care about faster and stop caring faster. I'm not sure how well it would go over either. If it was one giant queue nobody will see the dungeons they like. If they split the queues per expansion then the pools in each will be tiny and likely take DPS even longer to see a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    So because something isn't implemented in the game it would be because the devs either A) haven't thought of it or B) they are not intelligent enough.

Or all of the above maybe?

So which is it?

Because neither option is correct in the grander scheme of things (outside your limited and ignorant opinion)

People that spout this bs i'm sure think the devs are mushrooms and are random 15-year olds.
    So wait.. if they can do it. Players want it. And its good for the game. And its not done. Then what?

Or wait... maybe I was being sarcastic..... oh wait... You choose to try to be an edge lord. Hmm maybe...

Oh wait. They have done some stupid crap before. Everyone has. I guess you think they are magical unicorns with wand of infinite power?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Pure speculations and bad arguements. Keep in mind that leveling people can join you, so it wont be just level 110 pressing thoose buttons. And the mount being avaible, Im pretty sure people still gonna spam thoose bad boys and have that as an incentive aswell.

Good try, but try harder next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    So wait..
    Or wait... ..... oh wait...
    Oh wait.

Gibberish. Even when i put it in context it's still gibberish:

And its good for the game
    Yea thank fukk the Devs get to decide that one, since it's their game.

if they can do it. Players want it And its not done. Then what?
    What do you think? Re-sub or keep playing or un-sub. Your choice.

maybe I was being sarcastic
    Yea no, doubt it. If you were, you failed. "Not the brightest crayon in the shed" are you?

I guess you think they are magical unicorns with wand of infinite power?
    Nope but thank fukk the game is in their hands rather than tens of posters who think it might be a good idea to implement something (not saying there aren't some good ideas being floated on mmo every now and then).
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or you know, they can never capture how the dungeons felt when they really came out, so it is really nothign but your running the dungeon on EZ mode
    And yet, normal dungeon queue'ing exist, which is EZ mode, just level 100 dungeons (or even sub 100 if you're the appropriate level).

FF14's system isn't "experiencing how the dungeons felt when they really came out". Players will run in and completely steamroll the dungeon, similar to how leveling through dungeons is now. It's about doing it daily for the rewards, having a larger pool of content to queue in to every day, and helping new players clear the dungeon.

the reason is if they do it all year round it becomes
    A. less special
    B. spreads out the community

the que for time walking, now imagine if that was spread out not only one 1 expansion on one week, but now every expansion, every week
    It feels "special" enough in FF14 where you just run one once a day for the daily bonus, or you spam farming them just to help out new players and farm commendations.

The queue remains unaffected as instead of it being 6 different queues for timewalking, it would be combined into one. The only queue in FF14 that took awhile was the guildhest one, due to it simply not being worth player's time.

As for keeping TW "special", they could still do timewalking week where the rewards for doing it are enhanced. Instead of daily badges, you would get badges for each run.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They need to add a palace of the dead sort of dungeon tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Gibberish. Even when i put it in context it's still gibberish:

Yea thank fukk the Devs get to decide that one, since it's their game.

What do you think? Re-sub or keep playing or un-sub. Your choice.

Yea no, doubt it. If you were, you failed. "Not the brightest crayon in the shed" are you?

Nope but thank fukk the game is in their hands rather than tens of posters who think it might be a good idea to implement something (not saying there aren't some good ideas being floated on mmo every now and then).
    Did they mess you with the meds at the old folks home? Are you still trying to be an edge lord?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Must admit i would love TW to be added from beginning up, friend started other day, and I had no choice but to boost a dung if i wanted to join them.
    Would of loved to be able to synch to RFC and DM levels.
    Your friend started WoW for the first time and you didnt roll a fresh character with them? shame on you.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Played WoW for last 3 months and... besides class quests and campaigns it was totally boring. Dungeons are just like in FF: pull all then kill all. Stupid - at least some FF dungeons scale. Will buy the FF addon when it is on sale. WoW will come again but... really classes were never that bad in terms of gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Your friend started WoW for the first time and you didnt roll a fresh character with them? shame on you.
    I'm capped on characters...

the reason is if they do it all year round it becomes
    A. less special
    B. spreads out the community

the que for time walking, now imagine if that was spread out not only one 1 expansion on one week, but now every expansion, every week
    Thats not really true. People will always choose favourite dungeons to level up etc. The less favourite dungeons are just going to get ignored and thats it.

To the OP: I genuinely think its a great idea and yes I do hope blizzard looks into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    This is the reason why i had ~6 mages at ~50 level before i started deleting them, lol. It's kinda one of the things i like doing - creating a new toon to do quests with someone new to the game and watch them explore the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I hope they don't do it. And especially NOT put any reward to it if they do. I would absolutely HATE to have to run these mindless zergfests more than the 5 during timewalking weeks. They are no challenge whatsoever and pure timesinks. No fun at all. People only do them because of the carrot they put on it (ToS Normal gear is still 900 ilvl base, with chance to titanforge) and the AP used to be good to have.

What I could be OK with (depending on how the travel-to-dungeon issue is solved, and of course the balancing): Make the older dungeons part of the m+ rotation. Thinking of a Shattered Halls +15, where I'm 100% sure, the original feeling of that dungeon would come back

Deleted
    All this complaining they don't want it added as they don't want to do it.
    It's not forced content, you don't get the BiS gear from it, it's pretty much all cosmetic, pets, mounts, rep
    Don't want to do it, that's fine, then don't do it
    TW added for all old dungeons wouldn't water it down, it would mean new players will get to meet a lot more people