Thread: The UFC Thread

I got bored with this when Rousey stopped fighting..

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Wow, like....I wouldn't doubt UFC and Dana for being utter shitheads, but where is the source on that? I just see the IG link with no attachment to DJ.

In any case, if this is real then geez....so messed up.
    I don't see anything there as all that surprising or messed up. Dana doesn't do much for that division. Everyone already knows that. I don't think DJ has much room to grumble about fighting TJ. He should be glad for the chance to prove himself against a guy who people generally know and is considered a top notch fighter. Instead he is crying that he doesn't think TJ can make weight and he won't get to break the consecutive defense record if that happens. If Dana doesn't think you bring in enough interest to get points from ppv's that's his right as the president. As a fighter DJ prob does deserve more respect from the ufc but that's life as a flyweight. imo its time for him to move up and see if he can hack it at 135.

There's a Fight Night at 8 AM tomorrow morning lol. It's in Singapore. I kinda wanna watch because it's Holly Holm andddddd some other chick.

It's on UFC Fight Pass. Lame. But also, Holly Holm is on a 3-lose streak. I kinda wanna see her bounce back...

i really wanna see valentina shevchenko fight nunes.

she's my favorite fighter right now i think, her fighting style feels so... idk how to explain it really. it's comparable to how erin fights in titan mode in attack on titan. it actually gets me excited watching her. her muscle definition, the precision with which she executes shit, it's just perfection.

idk if she'll beat nunes, but i really wanna see her try.

nunes is a bore. Only fight that interests me in ufc is Jon jones coming back

Holy shit I'm actually up early enough to watch the fights. (1.5 hours early though). But no legal way to view them. I guess ill have to pirate a stream...

- - - Updated - - -

I ended up going back to sleep so missed it. Holly Holm won in...Round 3 with 3:51 left. Not that impressive.

UFC Fight Night tonight. 9 PM on FS1. Chiesa vs. Lee.

I have something to watch at 10 but I guess I could try and tune in for it...

that first fight was good shit. i'm just annoyed he didn't go in for the kill when that guy was obviously rocked.

and felice herrig is pretty damn good, i like her. but getting out of that choke was pretty awesome, never seen that before i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Also, WAR DIAZ this saturday!

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 10:34 AM ----------

[/COLOR][/IMG]
    H-BOMB!! Hendo won the second fight too IMO

Hadn't paid that much attention to the news, but noticed the Lawler/Cowboy fight wasn't one advertised in the commercials, but was still on the fight posters. Seems that fight is off and probably going on the UFC214 card. That sucks. Not sure what i'll be doing for this PPV, i like the card, not sure I want to spend the money going out though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Oh you're right. Tonight is a fight night and UFC 213 is tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Hadn't paid that much attention to the news, but noticed the Lawler/Cowboy fight wasn't one advertised in the commercials, but was still on the fight posters. Seems that fight is off and probably going on the UFC214 card. That sucks. Not sure what i'll be doing for this PPV, i like the card, not sure I want to spend the money going out though.
    Working in a bar where we play every event for free. I don't expect it to be busy. We have our regular fans that come in for every UFC event. But I don't expect it to be busy at all. Which is strange, the non-main events seem to be better than the actual main event.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Working in a bar where we play every event for free. I don't expect it to be busy. We have our regular fans that come in for every UFC event. But I don't expect it to be busy at all. Which is strange, the non-main events seem to be better than the actual main event.
    Dammit you jinxed the card. Now Amanda Nunes isn't going to fight tonight vs. Valentina Shevvchenko. That was the main event......

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Dammit you jinxed the card. Now Amanda Nunes isn't going to fight tonight vs. Valentina Shevvchenko. That was the main event......
    Yeah this sucks because I'm ready to see Nunes get her ass beat. Her attitude is lame and her fighting is boring. Too bad fight rules won't allow it, but Joanna Jedrzejczyk was willing to fight with hours notice, without training, just because she's the most badass of baddasses. And on top of that, she's lost every time she ever fight Valentina in the past. So she was willing to fight someone with no preparation, not in fighting shape, and it's someone that has beaten her before. UFC needs more fighters like her and Conor that will fight anyone, anywhere.

Did anyone watch last night? Gaethje's UFC debut was incredible. That kid is a terminator.

Update: Dana just called Nunes out. Stated she was medically cleared and she had just already decided she wasn't fighting. Seems like copping out after a bad weight cut and Dana is having none of that bullshit.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-07-08 at 11:03 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    fight of the year last night imo! that was great

...damn Pettis actually looked really good tonight! We'll see how he fares vs not a gate keeper though
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2017-07-09 at 03:36 AM.

UFC is such a joke haha, marketing Jones vs DC as "Tame your demons"

Jones is lucky to be back at all, wouldnt happen in any other major sport division

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    UFC is such a joke haha, marketing Jones vs DC as "Tame your demons"

[video=youtube;Z8lL0EItUvU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8lL0EItUvU[video]

Jones is lucky to be back at all, wouldnt happen in any other major sport division
    It was kinda lame so I stopped watching, but omg I'm so hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It was kinda lame so I stopped watching, but omg I'm so hyped.
    I'm saving my excitement till I hear the walk in music. But should be pretty fucking epic if no one gets injured training

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see if he makes it to the fight without getting arrested, crashing a car, or just about any drug related activity. Until that happens, no point even paying for this.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    People say Jones wouldn't get that second opportunity in another sport. Remember the NFL is rife with players who have tons of off the field issues that has landed them in jail. Only to make a team when they are released.