Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want the dot casts to look Gul'dans basic attack from HotS, or well, something LIKE that.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    Not really really wrong, but it is "short end of the stick" lol.
    Well, apart from the expression, i don't see anything wrong with the rest. CARE TO ELABORATE (not quote)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    You believe the company should hire more artists for the benefit of one class? Really?
    Also it's a small thing. It really really really doesn't matter.
    As for updating bits of each class at a time, I assume it's because it's good for sticking feedback all in one place. Get all of one class to give feedback. You'd also still be whining if it wasn't your preferred spec, so why bother?
    I believe they should hire more artists to deliver content QUICKER and not exclude a part of their playerbase.

Small thing: matter of opinion. To me it's a big thing. It is important that a WHOLE class being excluded from the new animations in 7.3. Can't be the only one feeling like this.

Bits of a class? Other classes with melee specs got their eye candy early with Legion launch. Casters got the shaft till 7.3. But wait! All other classes will have their eye candy at 7.3 at least on some of their specs. ONLY WARLOCKS GET SHIT. And that's on an expansion where we were almost forced to look to our character closer than before with the max camera distance reduction. I don't see any logic here to exclude a whole class.

Stop assuming what i'd whine about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Pot calls kettle black, film at 11.

- - - Updated - - -

Many (not all) were updated for warlock minions as well for WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Pointing out that you are coming off like an angry 8 year old doesn't mean anyone is triggered. Your 'arguments' lack any sort of basic coherence or logic so they can easily be brushed off as the nonsense they are rathering than triggering anyone. I kind of like your signature because it makes it easier to spot and ignore your nonsense and to focus on talking with other adults.

But you be you and keep on paying money to support a company that you think has it out for you.
    You assume things. You present those assumed things as facts. You spit (pun intended) accusations of arguments lacking basic coherence without any quote, any link and call them nonsense. Next time you try to slander someone, have the balls to prove your accusations. Who looks like an 8 year old, you or me?

As for my signature, i return the favor Blizzard has done for much of the playerbase in Legion and has quit already. My 3 subs (already paid) end before september, so consider me one of the quitters as well, who vote with their wallet.

Blizzard has changed this game to a RNG reward treadmill, in which i have participated up till 7.2.5. At the moment, the way they treat their playerbase is just ridiculous. I refuse to be one more hamster in the wheel, or a donkey chasing the carrot on a stick. They're not out to get me. They just failed horribly to hold a 12 year (this is not my age, it's the duration of my uninterrupted sub) loyal subscriber with their tactics.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    As for my signature, i return the favor Blizzard has done for much of the playerbase in Legion and has quit already. My 3 subs (already paid) end before september, so consider me one of the quitters as well, who vote with their wallet.
    If we're lucky, that means you'll quit lurking these forums as well. They've been introducing new animations all throughout Legion, and putting out new content at a better pace than any previous expansion. Warlocks will get our animations when they're done. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    They've been putting out new content
    That's the best joke I've heard yet.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    If we're lucky, that means you'll quit lurking these forums as well. They've been introducing new animations all throughout Legion, and putting out new content at a better pace than any previous expansion. Warlocks will get our animations when they're done. No big deal.
    No, you're not gonna be lucky. Be assured of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    That's the best joke I've heard yet.
    Agreed. @JJShadoe, the Legionfall campaign quest would like to have a word with you.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but why EVERY other class is ready (kk some SP animations aren't yet, but will be released at 7.3 anyway) and warlocks not? Why did they choose to omit a class entirely? Doesn't that feel offensive?

And if you played a warlock, you'd know how they treated them the whole expansion, with back and forths, silly choices, silly fixes, then nerfs to balance those etc.
    Finite time, finite resources. That's just how game development works, don't take it so personally.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Clearly this means they are deleting Locks as a class in 8.0.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Finite time, finite resources. That's just how game development works, don't take it so personally.
    I already proposed they should hire more people. Should help with their goal to deliver content faster. But people think it' s unreasonable. I don' t, but let's offer another solution.

Allocate resources then equally. Deprive one or two specs their animations to give warlocks animations for one or two specs. Choose some classes that have had their melee animations already to wait a little more.
    But... they have already done that. Casters that don't get animations in 7.3 are : holy pallies, balance druids, mistweaver monks. All from classes with melee specs that have been enjoying new animations for months. And then warlocks who get shit.
    I'm looking for equity and see none. They could delay one priest and one mage spec for two warlock ones. I find it a more fair and elegant solution than the current.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Clearly this means they are deleting Locks as a class in 8.0.
    Clearly you exaggerate. Probably cause it's easier than to actually think and discuss rationally.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2017-07-02 at 06:27 PM.
    /spit@Blizzard

I already proposed they should hire more people. Should help with their goal to deliver content faster. But people think it' s unreasonable. I don' t, but let's offer another solution.

Allocate resources then equally. Deprive one or two specs their animations to give warlocks animations for one or two specs. Choose some classes that have had their melee animations already to wait a little more.
    But... they have already done that. Casters that don't get animations in 7.3 are : holy pallies, balance druids, mistweaver monks. All from classes with melee specs that have been enjoying new animations for months. And then warlocks who get shit.
    I'm looking for equity and see none. They could delay one priest and one mage spec for two warlock ones. I find it a more fair and elegant solution than the current.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly you exaggerate. Probably cause it's easier than to actually think and discuss rationally.

Or poking fun at all the doom and gloom over gear looks when you can transmog stuff these days. But yea whatever work for you buddy.

the Legionfall campaign quest would like to have a word with you.
    The Legionfall campaign quest line was totally dull and meaningless. That doesn't change the fact that the pacing and volume of content we've been getting in Legion has been better than any prior expansion.

I already proposed they should hire more people. Should help with their goal to deliver content faster. But people think it' s unreasonable..
    First of all Blizzard-like any company has budgets. And WoW has its own set of budgets. "Just hire more people" isn't always an option even if that's what you want to do.

You're also clearly not familiar with 'Brook's law' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks%27s_law) (https://www.techopedia.com/definition/18085/brooks-law).

The simple version is that hiring more people typically does not make projects go faster or get done sooner - in fact in many cases hiring more people slows things down. The three primary reasons are
    1) Training the new people takes time away from experienced people.
    2) More people means more communication overhead - more time spent in project meetings, coordinating efforts, etc.
    3) Not all work is easily divisible among multiple people.
    Last edited by Jaman; 2017-07-02 at 11:41 PM.

Blizzard has always been stingy, charging their customers up the ass and delivering the minimum.

It took them around a decade to even update character models, armor hasn't been updated outside 3D shoulders, boots,helm and belt; the character model updates were a polygon count increase. They still use spraypainted textures over models.

You want to look at modern armor, look at FFXIV, Guild Wars 2, or Wildstar. Actual cloth and all 3D pieces with physics to boot.

Even the updated Blizzard spell effects look pitiful next to what FFXIV has put out.

They're working with an ancient engine, and since people will happily continue making Blizzard a fortune by playing on an ancient engine, Blizzard sees little reason to actually bring up WoW to the visual standards of HotS let alone the current modern MMO's.

I don't think he's exaggerating. If you look at how the story is progressing it only makes sense for them to remove Warlocks and since that would be easier to do as well as resolve all complaints regarding the class, I'm actually willing to believe that's what will happen.

I don't think he's exaggerating. If you look at how the story is progressing it only makes sense for them to remove Warlocks and since that would be easier to do as well as resolve all complaints regarding the class, I'm actually willing to believe that's what will happen.
    If you actually think that and aren't just trolling then you're delusional.

If you actually think that and aren't just trolling then you're delusional.
    Oh right, everything is "trolling" to dullards, huh?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Or poking fun at all the doom and gloom over gear looks when you can transmog stuff these days. But yea whatever work for you buddy.
    Gear looks? Wrong thread mate.

- - - Updated - - -

The Legionfall campaign quest line was totally dull and meaningless. That doesn't change the fact that the pacing and volume of content we've been getting in Legion has been better than any prior expansion.
    7.2 had no volume. It was just 7 scenarios for the artifact appearance challenge, some short quest chains for the class mounts, some WQ in Broken shore, a new dungeon, a new faction, some world bosses and the aforementioned campaign. "Hey, but that's a lot!". No, if you dont play all classes. ToS was enabled in 7.2.5, so, content wise, it doesn't belong in 7.2.

Anyway, i can agree with the pacing compared to WoD, but not with the volume of content. They just stagger the content they had in production to give you the illusion of more content. They also add new rewards to old content to keep the hamster wheel rolling (paragon chests with another yet RNG reward come to mind, those were the last straw that caused me to unsub).

But this is off-topic anyway. I see no reason to delay content for one class, when they can share their dev time to accomodate all classes, even if some specs of those have to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all Blizzard-like any company has budgets. And WoW has its own set of budgets. "Just hire more people" isn't always an option even if that's what you want to do.

You're also clearly not familiar with 'Brook's law' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks%27s_law) (https://www.techopedia.com/definition/18085/brooks-law).

The simple version is that hiring more people typically does not make projects go faster or get done sooner - in fact in many cases hiring more people slows things down. The three primary reasons are
    1) Training the new people takes time away from experienced people.
    2) More people means more communication overhead - more time spent in project meetings, coordinating efforts, etc.
    3) Not all work is easily divisible among multiple people.
    I won't disagree with you, because i'm not familiar with the subject. Still you chose to respond to one phrase of my post and forgot the rest. All what you mentioned might be true, but their choice means bad allocation of resources. Or, maybe, for reasons unknown to me, intentional allocate of resources that omit warlocks in 7.3.

And before the fanbois jump on the conspiracy train again, i dont mean any secret agenda to delete warlocks, punish me or the class specifically etc, etc, as the retards have mentioned before. Those "reasons unknown" could be (speculation following):

A) that they feel or actually have allocated more time on warlocks already for glyphs and class development. If true, still their fault. The class (and the players) shouldn't suffer from their bad judgement. And don't take "suffer" as literal. I just hate to see Warlocks left in the corner like punished 1st grade boys.

B) that warlock class is currently the lowest represented or played in game, so, postponing their animations hurts them less than postponing a mage spec or a priest spec set of animations.

C) that the artists approaching and developing the new animations are working thematically and (maybe) warlocks are special in that way. But i think this is far too stretched.

At any rate, Warlocks will be the only class that will NOT have seen a new animation in 7.3. And whatever the reason, they should give us a good explanation why, except "more time needed". They should be open with their choice as with most of their developing choices. But, they totally failed to do that in Legion (ilvl mob growth, 4 legendary secret cap etc etc)
    /spit@Blizzard

Blizzard is often reluctant to explain delays or commit to when something will be available.

It would be nice if as a good will message they restored the Malefic Grasp animations for Drain Soul and fixed the green fire casting animation to use the same new animation as the regular fire spells, but I'm not holding my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Well, if Blizzard had a brain cell between the development team they would realize the best thing to do for Warlocks is to simply have Enslave Demon behave like Tame Beast. It would allow Warlocks to choose the demon they want to use instead of being pidgeonholed into using the same one over and over and over again. Adding more glyphs won't accomplish anything other than forcing us to spend more than any other class to have a modicum of variety.
    As long as they can't tame giant demons and the eredar, I'm fine with that. Would be retarded if they could run around with pit lords, not to mention it would look insanely stupid.
    I like the idea of a "tame demon" spell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    As long as they can't tame giant demons and the eredar, I'm fine with that. Would be retarded if they could run around with pit lords, not to mention it would look insanely stupid.
    I like the idea of a "tame demon" spell though.
    How would that be "retarded"?

Wow, so the fact that they removed effects for Warlocks to give to mages totally eludes you. The fact that they gave us glyphs that are useless (like the succubi glyphs, noone uses those pets because of fucking class fantasy) also totally eludes you. Nice, you seem quite informed.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't make sense. If you rather take them longer to make it right, then you shouldn't object to hold back the patch.

I don't give a damn about the patch. There's no reason to omit a whole class from the spell animation revamps. None.
    i rather them let the patch go out and work after on one class
    then hold back the whole patch just so warlocks can have some visuals, it does make sense, just you dont seem to be able to make sense of it
    one classes cosmetics is no where near worthy to hold back a patch...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Are you okay? You seem irate - every demon model got updated, warlocks use demons so that in itself is some form of update, and green fire is still obtainable and is the only time ever any class has had the ability to physically augment their spells? Stop crying lol
    yes but they were not updated FOR warlock, they were updated for legion/hellfir citidal, but were given to warlock since they were updated anyways