2018 Swedish Music Festival Cancelled After Sexual Assaults At This Year’s Event

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02734df32e146

Multiple cases of sexual violence — including rape — reported at Bravalla Festival for second year in a row.

Yes, Sweden in the news again.......

I wonder why there is so much disrespect, misogyny and sexual assault occurring against women in Sweden.

What on Earth could be causing that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02734df32e146

Multiple cases of sexual violence — including rape — reported at Bravalla Festival for second year in a row.

Yes, Sweden in the news again.......

I wonder why there is so much disrespect, misogyny and sexual assault occurring against women in Sweden.

What on Earth could be causing that?
    Yeah, just in Sweden.

“The attacks at Bravalla are not isolated incidents, by any means,” wrote Kat Stuehrk, an educator with Rape Victim Advocates, in a blog post last year. ”Sexual violence at music festivals and within the broader music community has been an ongoing problem throughout the years, with numerous reported rapes and sexual assaults at festivals throughout the world, and issues with sexual violence at local festivals, including a Lollapalooza attendee wearing a shirt that said ‘Rape Your Face’ just last year. The looming threat of sexual violence has turned festivals into unsafe places for many music fans, particularly women.”

Read your own article. But informing was never your goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find me a festival not dogged by rape and other violence. This case here is that festivals in general have gotten far more under the lens the past few years (rightly so).
    But on your snide remark hoping to throw shade at a particular group. The festival in question with a price of ~100 EURO per day. (With different packages so a full ticket would be cheaper than individual per day tickets).
    - Lars

A few immigrants might go to such a festival but I assume it wouldn't suit their tastes so most would stay away.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Find me a festival not dogged by rape and other violence. This case here is that festivals in general have gotten far more under the lens the past few years (rightly so).
    But on your snide remark hoping to throw shade at a particular group. The festival in question with a price of ~100 EURO per day. (With different packages so a full ticket would be cheaper than individual per day tickets).
    Amazing how liberals will do anything to protect a particular group. Even making excuses and covering up young women being raped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A few immigrants might go to such a festival but I assume it wouldn't suit their tastes so most would stay away.
    That's assuming they care about the music and aren't there for the women.

Is this a case of " he looked at my body too long and therefore he raped me" ? Only ask because one poster brought up a quote of someone wearing a shirt that says "rape your face" as sexual violence. And not a video game term.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yeah, just in Sweden.

“The attacks at Bravalla are not isolated incidents, by any means,” wrote Kat Stuehrk, an educator with Rape Victim Advocates, in a blog post last year. ”Sexual violence at music festivals and within the broader music community has been an ongoing problem throughout the years, with numerous reported rapes and sexual assaults at festivals throughout the world, and issues with sexual violence at local festivals, including a Lollapalooza attendee wearing a shirt that said ‘Rape Your Face’ just last year. The looming threat of sexual violence has turned festivals into unsafe places for many music fans, particularly women.”

Read your own article. But informing was never your goal.
    Yes, let's read the article.

One rape, and 11 sexual assaults. So many that they have cancelled next years event after two years in a row of dozens of rapes and sexual assaults. Oh, someone wore a t-shirt at a Lollapoolza Festival one time that said "Rape your Face", not to worry then! They are completely equal!

You sound like it isn't a big deal. You sound like an enabler to these crimes against women.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Amazing how liberals will do anything to protect a particular group. Even making excuses and covering up young women being raped.
    I would also point out how most rape happens between parties who know each other and there is a relationship of trust. You also ignored the fact that going to a music festival is rather expensive and a luxury thing. I also didn't say anything to protect a particular group. I said what I did to bring attention to the bigger problem.
    But seriously, music festivals = lots of alcohol, lots of drugs. Is anyone surprised that also equals quite a bit of rape?

Throwing in snarky remarks throwing shade in places that are just stupid to throw it in is just bloody mind baffling. It also ignores the bigger issue at hand here and tries to take it to a separate one.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I would also point out how most rape happens between parties who know each other and there is a relationship of trust. You also ignored the fact that going to a music festival is rather expensive and a luxury thing. I also didn't say anything to protect a particular group. I said what I did to bring attention to the bigger problem.
    But seriously, music festivals = lots of alcohol, lots of drugs. Is anyone surprised that also equals quite a bit of rape?

Throwing in snarky remarks throwing shade in places that are just stupid to throw it in is just bloody mind baffling. It also ignores the bigger issue at hand here and tries to take it to a separate one.
    When did going to a music festival become "rather expensive" and a "luxury thing"? I went as a kid when I dirt poor to Lollapoolza three years in row. I don't remember it being that expensive or feel that I was experiencing a luxury.

Other than someone one year wearing a t-shirt that said "Rape your Face" at Lollapoolza, how many rapes are occurring at these things, outside of Sweden, which have been marred by them to the point of closing festivals due to how many sexual assaults and rapes that are occurring.

Are native Swedish men suddenly on some sort of rape frenzy, or is it some other outside group?

Deleted
    Bloody vikings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that you made this thread to take a poke at refugees and bait the forum rather than any actual discussion, closing this.

closing