Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The concern I have with this is that kids usually need a nudge in the other direction. Kids don't want to go to school, they want to be lazy and do whatever they want. If they read that they're just going to take it as an excuse not to care at all because that's what they want as kids.
    Can't say I recognize that at all. I was in class from like 8 am until 9-10 pm in high school and so were most of my friends. We missed out on a lot of things.

Be yourself and don't pay too much attention to what others think about you.

Bush did 9/11

Protests rarely do anything

Black lives matter

Deleted
    Don't fucking shoot your boyfriend or girlfriend with a fucking 50-caliber, especially if you have a child or expecting one. (Or both.)

Deleted
    Stop Breathing.
    Too many of you younger ones now, and there not enough air for us older generations who actually need the air to survive!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get your asses to work. My Medicare doesn't pay for itself!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Never listen to Jayburner
    Considering his first two posts in this thread you may have a point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I will keep it simple for kids today. Stick with beer and weed....you'll never wake up cringing hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    clean your fucking dishes/plates/cutlery...not sure how this simple act got forgotten in the last 10 years...makes me fucking sick though.
    -------------------------------------

Learn history. It's the same from learning from others' mistakes with the additional benefit that one can see where it all went right.
    Because it has to be tiresome to realize that you are all making the same mistakes over and over.

Deleted
    Don't buy Razer products, shitty quality and overpriced.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Don't procrastinate. As tempting as it is, you might never get the chance to do that thing again.
    2. Reposting political shit on social media or "occupying" does nothing if you don't get out and vote. Millions of people don't go to the polls on election day and then bitch about results.
    3. Don't blindly trust something you read in social media or online "news" sources. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. Sites get revenue through ads, so many will create fake stories or misleading titles to generate clicks. If you see something crazy, check multiple sources. If there's a question in the title, the answer is probably no.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are special and being different is good. Try to blend in as best as you can, even if it's against your beliefs, sexual orientation or whatever is against the norm. People can be assholes, and other children even more so. Adapt, fit in. Swallow if you have to.
    It's an unpopular opinion, but that's what I would tell my child.

You can be yourself post 20, to a degree. But I wouldn't want my child to suffer through school these days, with social media being a theme park for people to mess with others.
    In my days children would get bullied and beaten. Now they get bullied and beaten, the act filmed and then posted on youtube for the world to see. I wouldn't want to grow up these days, even if I was never the victim myself.

Deleted
    You have to be multi-skilled to have a decent career, so don't rely too much on just one skill/degree.

Unplug from the internet and focus on your own life/job/family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    Stop eating avocado toast (and avocados in general)
    WTF? Whats the problem with avocados?

buy reasonable cheap food to eat at home, don't eat out more than once a month, and buy a house with the money saved. Completely serious.
    OK this I can agree with

Two most important things you will need:

RATIONALITY and MONEY

The rest will follow.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

don't listen to older generations blaming you for the shit they created.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general don't be a douche

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That has bothered me for YEARS.

Who writes top to bottom THEN left to right?
    weeaboos in their comic books.

No, the internet doesn't make you omniscient.

Alternatively: get off the fucking phone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    WTF? Whats the problem with avocados?

OK this I can agree with
    Just that they're super expensive for what you get, is all.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just that they're super expensive for what you get, is all.
    I guess we are spoiled with prices in Southern CA