Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The idea of pre-ordering in and of itself is fine, the problem is it encourages companies to promote pre ordering and doing things like splitting up content in order to then offer it as "pre-order exclusives!" and then sell it after the fact as DLC. Things like bonus costumes and challenge modes in the Batman Arkham games used to the kind of thing that was just included with a game and then you had to unlock them in the game by accomplishing certain tasks or whatever but now you have to pre order to get the special costumes. And then they will even only give certain stores certain costumes so even if you pre-order, you still don't get all of them. Nope, gotta pay extra to get them all.

Pre orders used to be a useful thing. You could put some money down to make sure you would get a copy of a hot new release the day it came out. Now in the era of day one digital releases, there is no need to do that but companies still want that guaranteed easy cash from pre-sales so they use cheap ploys like the previously mentioned "bonus" content (that used to just be included content) or beta access (remember back when you used to be able to buy magazines with demo disks?) in order to milk suckers out of their money before a game is even released.

I mean really think about it, what do you actually gain by pre-ordering a game?

So again, if you want to support those kinds of shady practices, that's on you. But for me, Death to Pre Order Culture!
    I don't full on support it nor do I detest it. I just don't support shoving that opinion of no pre-ordering down peoples throats like it's fact.

Look at my post. It's a neutral stance. I said if he wants to go for it but if he wants to wait and see post launch reviews/gameplay then go for it. I am not going to tell someone how to spend their money. That decision lies solely with the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way to know as it currently isn't out. It seems like you haven't played Destiny 1 so I'd really hold off until reviews come out. Some people loved Destiny 1, I personally couldn't stand it once I hit max level.

I'd generally only pre-order if a game is tried and true i.e. a sequel to a game that you already loved or, in very rare cases, if you trust the developer enough. I generally pre-order Naughty Dog's, Blizzard's, and Nintendo's (their main AAA stuff) games because they've provided consistent quality for a very long time.

The idea of pre-ordering in and of itself is fine, the problem is it encourages companies to promote pre ordering and doing things like splitting up content in order to then offer it as "pre-order exclusives!" and then sell it after the fact as DLC. Things like bonus costumes and challenge modes in the Batman Arkham games used to the kind of thing that was just included with a game and then you had to unlock them in the game by accomplishing certain tasks or whatever but now you have to pre order to get the special costumes. And then they will even only give certain stores certain costumes so even if you pre-order, you still don't get all of them. Nope, gotta pay extra to get them all.

Pre orders used to be a useful thing. You could put some money down to make sure you would get a copy of a hot new release the day it came out. Now in the era of day one digital releases, there is no need to do that but companies still want that guaranteed easy cash from pre-sales so they use cheap ploys like the previously mentioned "bonus" content (that used to just be included content) or beta access (remember back when you used to be able to buy magazines with demo disks?) in order to milk suckers out of their money before a game is even released.

So again, if you want to support those kinds of shady practices, that's on you. But for me, Death to Pre Order Culture!
    Everquest Next/Landmark and their expensive "founder's pack" was the worst. $100 for a "trailblazer pack" and the game was shut down after less than eight months. EQN never made it out of the gate.

If there is one thing I agree on with the British Cancer is that you should never pre-order. Wait for the game to come out then decide.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Wait and see. Bungie has been playing fix the leaks with Destiny since launch when their original plan fell apart and they had to ship a game with large sections cut out to sell later as dlc with a barebones 5 hours story with nothing actually happening. Since then it got better with updates but took at least a year in which they lost a lot of their staff during that time. Now Luke "you will be throwing money at the screen for our microtransactions in a buy to play game" Smith is in charge and speaking as someone who bought it all up to Rise of Iron all i can say is do not buy on launch wait and see what its like because last time the launch release was a train wreck.

Also with a pc release im fulling expecting a cheater explosion and it will be interesting to see if bungie will find a way to deal with that since its pretty new territory for this team.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think you have played destiny recently. PVE was an afterthought post taken king with the rise of iron paid release being the only significance bar a christmas 'book' to make you replay the same content for one new set of cash shop gear and some emblems. Since the taken king over a year ago destinys core userbase has far, farrrrr been a pvp team deathmatch community and the updates, balancing of weapons and content releases have all been released to support it.

It is a way for the shooter crowd to relive their halo reach days with optional pve content that comes out maybe once or twice a year with very little post launch changes.

You may as well say raiding in WoW is an afterthought.
    They showed off 4 hours of PVE and 20 mins of PVP in the reveal of Destiny 2.

Totally not an afterthought LMAO.

Nobody cares about the PVP in Destiny, sorry you're one of the 5 people who do.

Beta access = i will know if i want to spend money on it or not = win for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They showed off 4 hours of PVE and 20 mins of PVP in the reveal of Destiny 2.

Totally not an afterthought LMAO.

Nobody cares about the PVP in Destiny, sorry you're one of the 5 people who do.
    Sorry but that logic is hella flawed. They always show off a shit ton of single player content for CoD and Halo, but we all know people play those games for the multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I i bought overwatch and even though its a decent game it really makes me feel nauseous and gives me a headache dunno why but the graphics are probably too much for me to handle
    Pushes you into a hardware range I guess you don't have, but you may find a higher refresh rate (144hz)monitor and a GPU to drive it, alleviates some/all of the nausea. I'm not sure whether this is something you'd be in a position to test?

I just bought it with bnet balance... because why not.. I don't plan on buying anything else maybe diablo?

Deleted
    It's impossible to say until the game launches and the reviews come pouring in.

But what I will say is if Destiny 2 is anything like Rise of Iron, I definitely think everyone should try it.

Destiny on release was a mess, but the Taken King and especially Rise of Iron were both excellent pieces of content, and it finally feels like Bungie knows what to do with the game.

I especially like the progression, hunting for god roll gear on armsday- and vendor resets. Do you spend your legendary marks and strange coins on a decent enough Pulse Rifle or do you gamble and wait for next weeks reset? You don't just buy gear though it also drops from the game's bosses and such. I like min/maxing in this game for some reason.

The only drawback I can think of is the lack of third person view, in paying attention to your surroundings, enemies and raid mechanics gets very tricky. There's a reason why most raiders zoom way way out when they raid, and there's a reason ESO players don't do end game content in first person.

It's a fantastic game, one of my all time favourites, with excellent gunplay and a phenomenal character progression system and to top it all of, it's set in an amazing universe with amazing lore and an intriguing backstory.

Try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post

I especially like the progression, hunting for god roll gear on armsday- and vendor resets. Do you spend your legendary marks and strange coins on a decent enough Pulse Rifle or do you gamble and wait for next weeks reset? You don't just buy gear though it also drops from the game's bosses and such. I like min/maxing in this game for some reason.
    I heard that items will no longer have variable stats. It's going to be like most other MMOs where named items will always have the same stats. Seems like an odd choice because, even though I never played Destiny myself, one of the things that kept people playing and re-running the same content multiple times was to get that super lucky roll on an item with the best possible stats for their needs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Beta access = i will know if i want to spend money on it or not = win for me.
    But you're paying to pre-order it to get into the beta...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you played and enjoyed D1, go for it. If not, then I'd wait for the game to come out, see some gameplay from either the beta, or live, then go from there. I don't quite think we can give you a direct yes or no answer. And yes, there is paid DLC for the game, think of it like xpacs with WoW, you gotta pay for them to play em.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JaredLJ View Post
    If it's like the beta from D1, you can get -early- access to the beta for pre-ordering, or just wait something like 4 odd days til it opens for anyone that wants to try the beta out.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

And after trying the beta i can refund it if i dont like it.

As i said... Win for me

Lots will use it as a free trial. You can cancel a Pre-Order and be refunded.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    The game is not out yet, so no one can tell you how it will turn out. Only thing out are a few videos from big media companies, and that is as reliable as watch dogs pre release "gameplay" footage was. So no, you should wait.