Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I mean... only great players will collect the full Mythic Raid gear, still.
    But thats a quest for the top 1%

There needs to be a quest for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But thats a quest for the top 1%

There needs to be a quest for everyone.
    No there doesn't. The whole point of prestige is that it's rare/unique. I don't deserve a Mythic set for raiding LFR/Normal. Period.

Also how the hell is it a quest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Be happy with your own game.

Care less about others.

Prestige, i.e. "I'm supposed to look up to you because you're awesome", is bullshit in a video game. Always has been. Always will be.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Care less about others.

Prestige is bullshit in a video game. Always has been. Always will be.
    THANK YOU!

Someone who finally tells it how it is. I mean prestige is nice but some people get way too obsessed with it.

Care less about others.

Prestige, i.e. "I'm supposed to look up to you because you're awesome", is bullshit in a video game. Always has been. Always will be.
    That's just a bitter outlook. Are you not impressed with and driven to improve your play by the success of those more skilled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    That's just a bitter outlook. Are you not impressed with and driven to improve your play by the success of those more skilled?
    Why would I want the stress of Mythic raiding again?

I mean good for them they deserve their Mythic gear but me personally I'm happy in Normal/LFR now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why would I want the stress of Mythic raiding again?

I mean good for them they deserve their Mythic gear but me personally I'm happy in Normal/LFR now.
    Thats the problem i am saying. There is only prestige to the top 1%

There needs to be levels of prestige

Right now if u want to be cool you need to be a Mythic raider. Thats too much out of a person. Its too much.

If there was prestige to do normal mode for example, people would do it.

As an example i gave this (just a way to implement prestige in the game):
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-New-Tier-Sets

In the times were there was no transmog you had to complete a tier set

Oh the joy of completing a tier set. It was the best feeling in the world. (without transmog)
    Yeah, you can totally complete a tier using transmog without having all the pieces. /s

I look at your profile in search of the prestige you speak so much about and I wonder why is most of the "bring old wow back, much prestige, much exclusivity, much elitism" crowd a bunch of shitter nobodies with no skill whatsoever? Like holy shit, you haven't even stepped in mythic once in the past few expansions and you're telling us all about raiding for exclusive rewards. The pinnacle of your raiding was fucking normal mode (and not always mind you) where the appearance of the tier set you get is a demo of the real thing.

You wouldn't know prestige and exclusivity if it hit you in your fucking face for every single hour throughout the day. You'd be like "oh what was that?".

Right now if u want to be cool you need to be a Mythic raider. Thats too much out of a person. Its too much.

There are prestige tiers. You get different colors of gear for every difficulty you complete. People do normal, people do LFR, people do heroic. All reward a different variant of the set with heroic adding extra features to it for e-peen boasting.

On that cheerful note let me finish this post by saying that you still get exlusive looks from raiding mythic mode alone, but now with transmog you get to look good and have BiS items equipped without looking like a clown who sperged a rainbow of colours on your gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, can always try take this as prestiege:

Show off your most impressive transmog that isn't purely "Go for a full set" but go for some non-set pieces but really, REALLY works great together. That's what I've, using the combination of 3 different sets, and they just work amazingly well together.

No you don't at all lol.

I have unique mounts and pets and I haven't stepped foot in Mythic. Stop overplaying this already.

I'm just not going to continue with you anymore from this post. I don't see the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Writers, musicians, creators in the larger sense impress me. The quality of the people I know impresses me. Intelligence, adherence to principles and honesty with which they confront the world impresses me.

I enjoy video games. I play a bunch of them and always have. I'm not overly impressed by people who can play video games well--good for them but how someone else plays is not really my concern--and I'm not in the least impressed with people who are so narcissistic that they think that their hand-eye co-ordination and ability to move a mouse and push buttons in a video game entitles them to some greater place in the universe than anyone else.

World of Warcraft is an entertainment. And it's a successful one as the years have shown. It's not a life test. I'm well aware that there are better players. There are worse ones too. I play PVE because it's mostly a co-operative environment.

I could not care less for those who insist on turning everything into some personal competition designed to make them feel good about themselves. And in the end, that last is exactly how "prestige" works out in an environment like this.

Like I said, be happy with your personal game, care less (or nothing at all) about others. All the rest is patent demeaning bullshit. It has nothing to do with bitterness and says more about you that you even brought it up than it does about me.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-02 at 06:50 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Writers, musicians, creators in the larger sense impress me. The quality of the people I know impresses me. Intelligence, adherence to principles and honesty with which they confront the world impresses me.

I enjoy video games. I play a bunch of them and always have. I'm not overly impressed by people who can play video games well--good for them but how someone else plays is not really my concern--and I'm not in the least impressed with people who are so narcissistic that they think that their hand-eye co-ordination and ability to move a mouse and push buttons in a video game entitles them to some greater place in the universe than anyone else.

World of Warcraft is an entertainment. And it's a successful one as the years have shown. It's not a life test. I'm well aware that there are better players. There are worse ones too. I play PVE because it's mostly a co-operative environment.

I could not care less for those who insist on turning everything into some personal competition designed to make them feel good about themselves. And in the end, that last is exactly how "prestige" works out in an environment like this.

Like I said, be happy with your personal game, care less (or nothing at all) about others. All the rest is patent demeaning bullshit. It has nothing to do with bitterness and says more about you that you even brought it up than it does about me.
    You are too serious about this Moanalisa

Its all for fun and games. Everyone would have prestige, it would be an epic quest for EVERYONE. Everyone would be happy.

Isn't the point of this all for everyone to have fun? And feel special?

Deleted
    Wait your problem with the current iterration of WoW is customization?

Hooo boy.

Also, I don't know how you would add prestige to things that aren't prestigious.

There's no prestige in owning a Ford Fiesta.

Things are prestigious when they're hard to obtain, a Lamboghini is expensive, that's why it's prestigious.

LFR isn't hard, especially when there's an incentive for actual raiders to queue up and carry some plebs.

Even if you gave LFR its own "prestigious" mount or tier set people would still scoff at them because they're from LFR.

The days of people looking at hardcore players and wishing they had the same thicc purpz are over.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-07-02 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Wait your problem with the current iterration of WoW is customization?

Hooo boy.
    My main problem is not having a quest for prestige anymore because right now everyone is special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the point of this all for everyone to have fun? And feel special?
    But I do have fun and do feel special when I finish some part of the game successfully and know that I've played well. I'll admit I don't understand why so many others can't seem to get there but I don't believe Prestige Levels are really the answer. We have Paragon Levels in D3 and they don't really give people (except the top 1% or so) anything like prestige. They're just a way to divide people.

You and I could probably have a good discussion about reward in an RPG but WoW isn't really so much an RPG these days. I haven't made it a secret that I think they've gone in completely the wrong direction with "progression through armor/gear".

It still doesn't change the fact that I don't care much about how others play. If someone obviously needs help with something I'll try and help them however I can but that's about the extent of how much I care about skill levels with other players. My in-game situation may be something rare: I've played with friends and a few family members for years and the thrust of what we do together is to have fun, learn from each other when we can, but rule #1 is to have fun. So that's how I view the game.

Unfortunately prestige systems often becomes the opposite of fun: they tend to be grindy and your idea of something LFR prestige will still be the subject of much abuse and nonsense from many of those who view their own prestige levels as "better" and who seem to primarily live on forums (less in the game but there are some) to let everyone know about it and how inferior everyone else is.

So that's my issue with it. It's a hard problem SP. It really is. I don't believe the answer to what you want is really prestige so much as a better sense of progression that is more defined by what you do than what you wear.

EDIT: For what it's worth I agree with you that we've become too important in the game. The seeds of that were planted long ago and with something like this where you hang out with important lore characters and defeat other major lore characters in battle it's probably inevitable. The story itself has painted everyone into this corner and I don't see how you go back short of making everyone start completely over. Which I would be fine with but others certainly wouldn't and that wouldn't be wrong necessarily. Character retirement systems are an interesting topic which practically never get discussed.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-02 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I did play in vanilla, and I really couldn't care less if some raider had purple gloves of +10 to e-peen. More importantly, it's absolutely not worth denying rewards and content to the majority of the playerbase so that some of the 2% at the top can feel that their pixels are special.

I raid today myself, but it's for the accomplishments, not to show off, and I have no illusion that what I do is prestigious in any way. Nobody cares about the Mythic T19 transmog I sometimes use.

And how did Wrath include prestige anyway? It's the xpack that catered the most to casual players. You could buy tier gear by chain-running faceroll Heroics for pete's sake. Unless you count stuff like Invincible, which lo and behold still exists today and serve as the prestigious reward for hardcore raiders.
    Thats fair man! Of course prestige is doing the content, but back then gear also was big part of it...Largely due to it truely being the best gear you could get...Now in Legion you only raid for set bonuses and trinkets I guess.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Just stopping by to eyeroll at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Deleted
    Well, and I know a LOT of people who wuold insta quit if you take out trasmog, so i think WE balance things out eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Snowflake'ist post I've seen in a long time. Kudos!
    Worse invention of a word I have seen this year. Almost as bad as groundie.

I couldn't care less if they stopped creating new art for sets. I haven't liked it for years. They should just do a standard Stormwind guard set and use that as the model for sets. Force you to transmog. I probably still wouldn't do it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No you don't at all lol.

I have unique mounts and pets and I haven't stepped foot in Mythic. Stop overplaying this already.

I'm just not going to continue with you anymore from this post. I don't see the point.
    Mounts and pets...is this all there is for prestige in WoW? Thats bad. We need something more that everyone wants.