Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The question is this: Can you build an entire class around Black Arrow and the Dark Ranger theme without it being too similar to the Hunter class gameplay-wise? Further, is it better to simply add Dark Ranger concepts to the existing Hunter class? Blizzard almost did that via talents (Black Arrow and Dark Ranger) in this expansion. I'm not seeing much stopping them from attempting to do it again next expansion.
    I think it's possible, both thematically and gameplay-wise, as long as you make MM be more about physical prowess and Dark Ranger more about magical stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Nothing about legion has been the usual fare for an xpac, more content and more steady release of content than we've had in years.

Also yes, 7.3 potentially 7.3.5 will be the focus of gamescom, I'm not even a tiny bit uncertain.

Also, the next xpac will launch around september 2018, they said 2 years and made the promise of no content drought, so at least 1 if not 2 more patches after 7.3 will be needed in order to bridge that gap :P
    That's a year from now, I doubt we'll have to wait that long, 7.3 is out in September latest, 2 / 3 months later we'll have the pre patch and around a month or two after that we'll have the new expansion. I doubt we're gonna wait another year.

They said they wanted a new expansion each year / each year and a half.

They've really been building up these light-infused dreadlords, what if those are a new race?

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    You say that we need these things but why? How many people do you think sit around anticipating Pandaren Death Knights? Draenei Rogues or Goblin Paladins? We don't need them, you just want them. It makes sense that some races cant be some classes because that way it encourages you to choose other races, it adds variation. Change for the sake of change is often not good.

I think you need to learn the difference between the words need and want.
    Draenei rogue should definitely be in the next batch of race combos, especially after teasing us with Akaari Shadowgore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    They've really been building up these light-infused dreadlords, what if those are a new race?
    One?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    This I disagree with, just because MM has Black Arrow doesn't mean that they're Dark Rangers or that there isn't room for an entire spec using Subtlety-esque shadow magic.
    the guy said Ranger, not dark rangers, yet, i still say there is no reason at all to put dark rangers, not until i do know 2 expansion ahead

Why do people want tinkerers so bad? They'd be like Bards and Monks, they just don't fit in with the WoW world. If they introduce another class that isn't ranged, I think a good portion of the player base is going to riot.

If we get another "filler" expansion (Panda, WoD) with a crappy Rise of the Naga/Hozen/Colbolds theme I fully expect to get a new playable Race and Class/subclass. Not to mention new class/race combos.

Class/Sub-Class:
    Shadow Hunters for either Hunter or Shaman tree. Spell-Breakers for Warrior. I wouldn't doubt some kind of Necromancer sub for Warlocks.
    For new classes, really no need for them, but would have to be ranged/healer. Game is hurting for a new ranged class. That's why I really only see subclasses coming.

Race:
    Unless we brought Ethereals with us back to Azeroth and maybe Vrykul could fit in. Possibly Ogres although hard to say we will ever get another expansion themed properly for Ogres if WoD didn't get them. I don't think we would get Naga, but it's possible if they really did a Naga expansion. Which I can't see happening, it would be too much water and everything that has to do with water questing/fighting in this game is really poorly done and a drag. I'll be honest if a water themed expansion came, I would probably skip it like I skipped Pandas.

Combos: Undead Pally needs to happen, should have been in the game from Vanilla.

I could see the game going faction-less or have the ability to change factions. I think it would let them do cool things from a lore perspective, they could really polarize the story and if people didn't like their leaders, they could jump ship. It would be a good amount RP the game needs.

For the actual theme of the expansion, it's going to be Void, but I'd prefer it to be an invasion from within themed badguy. Naga just aren't compelling, they are a boring enemy, completely old hat, we've beaten their leaders already multiple times. They are a non-threat.

This is unless they give us the straight up void lord expansion and we stay playing cowboys and aliens.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2017-07-02 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think it's possible, both thematically and gameplay-wise, as long as you make MM be more about physical prowess and Dark Ranger more about magical stuff.

Thematically? Both classes use magic-based arrows, and MM already has Black arrow. Gameplay-wise? Both classes are using physical-ranged, and again MM already has Black Arrow. I just don't see how you could make these two classes distinct from each other, much less derive 3 specs for the DR class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The real question here is: when we'll get a new class, will it have three or just two specs? If they go the two-spec-route they went with the DH I am super disappointed. DH is still missing a spec that easily could be made the "Dark Hunter".
    To an extent I think it was to correct druid having 4 (Not that it matters much?). I really wish Demon Hunter had a ranged DPS spec that was similar to 6.1 Demo Warlock.... #neverforget

Dark Ranger might work better as a hunter 4th spec... Maybe slowly adding 4th specs would make more sense then continuously adding classes (creates a lot of bloat, and 4 for all classes at once is waaay too much work). That's the only way I see 4th specs working.
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-07-02 at 07:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i want pandaren druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Why do people want tinkerers so bad? They'd be like Bards and Monks, they just don't fit in with the WoW world. If they introduce another class that isn't ranged, I think a good portion of the player base is going to riot.
    Say what?

From an earlier post:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=113621/endgineer-omegaplugg
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=7800/mekgineer-thermaplugg
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=42839/razlo-crushcog
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17796/mekgineer-steamrigger
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=46592/mekgineer-mixeltweed
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=95664/gazlowes-shredder
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=108308/marins-shredder
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35222/trade-prince-gallywix
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71504/siegecrafter-blackfuse
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=90284/iron-reaver
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=90716/gelbin-mekkatorque

These guys are all over WoW, and yeah, they could be physical ranged. No riots necessary.

Not saying its definite, but to say they don't fit in WoW is an asinine comment.

Deleted
    I think new specs for each class are much more likely than a whole new class.

I'm surprised to see people actually hope for a new spec for each class... o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What's the point having new class/race combination? It doesn't improve the game in any way.
    What might not improve the game in any way in YOUR mind, just might improve it to someone else. Especially people playing classes with very narrow race choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed.

Randoms on a forum don't really get to set the rules for what "fits" this game or not. Tinkerers are probably one of the more wanted classes by players at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnamilkyou View Post
    I think new specs for each class are much more likely than a whole new class.
    New specs for 10-12 classes is like making 3 whole new classes worth of nightmarish balance work. It's too much for one expansion unless they really want to be crazy.

Why do people want tinkerers so bad? They'd be like Bards and Monks, they just don't fit in with the WoW world. If they introduce another class that isn't ranged, I think a good portion of the player base is going to riot. .
    Putting the rest of your opinion aside, I don't think a single person here would expect tinkers to be solely melee? I mean, other than mecs (which may be equiped with machine guns), what comes to mind are turrets (which shoot) and little people throwing gadgets and mechanical minions - none of which spells melee to me. Have you seen Gelbin Mekkatorque in the broken shore intro?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    New specs for 10-12 classes is like making 3 whole new classes worth of nightmarish balance work. It's too much for one expansion unless they really want to be crazy.
    Yep, that's it. Before giving every class a 4th spec they could add three new classes over the course of 3-6 expansions.

I get there are examples in game, but almost all of those examples are some sort of faction leader. It wouldn't make sense to have thousands of nameless adventurers running around in these suits when damn near every example is a very important character, with the means to be able to afford these things.
    I would totally try to play one, not going to lie. But there are better examples of classes that have been in previous Warcraft titles that people want, and would fit in better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yep, that's it. Before giving every class a 4th spec they could add three new classes over the course of 3-6 expansions.
    What they could do however, is to give each race more identity, such as troll hunters get more voodoo stuff, night elves get Tyrande abilities, blood elves = Sylvanas and so on. Different looks but the same ability in the end. Much like how SWTOR does it with their class mirroring.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    What they could do however, is to give each race more identity, such as troll hunters get more voodoo stuff, night elves get Tyrande abilities, blood elves = Sylvanas and so on. Different looks but the same ability in the end. Much like how SWTOR does it with their class mirroring.
    They tried this with priests in vanilla and it was a huge salt fest before they removed all differences.

I get there are examples in game, but almost all of those examples are some sort of faction leader. It wouldn't make sense to have thousands of nameless adventurers running around in these suits when damn near every example is a very important character, with the means to be able to afford these things.
    I would totally try to play one, not going to lie. But there are better examples of classes that have been in previous Warcraft titles that people want, and would fit in better.
    ...we ARE running around with the ashbringer, I don't think that is a very valid point.

I think mec-based tinkers would fit in that they have the potential of being respectably unique from the other classes. I could see them with some mechanic that makes them switch between different "forms" for example through overheat or something, shoot for a while and then you have to switch to throwing grenades and installing turrets, that sort of thing.

I do grant the point that it would never be so central to an expansions' main theme unless they go with a highly gnome/goblin centric expansion which I just don't see ever happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    They tried this with priests in vanilla and it was a huge salt fest before they removed all differences.
    Thing is that the abilities were different back then, as in they did different things. What I am suggesting is that it's the same abilities with the same damage values but difference spell animation / effect.