10+ Year Old Account
    I love to test people using different means which may indicate their skill level, as a tank. I've met tons of RDMs who didn't even launch one Scatter during a dungeon lap or DRGs who never used their aoe OR Heavy Thrust (10% damage boost). Let's just say I am rather skeptical of other party members when I tank and heal.

Therefore I queued up as a DRK for the expert roulette to get some Verity and landed on Doma Castle. Got in and saw we had a SCH, BLM and RDM. Seeing the caster line up, I thought I'd test their abilites (along with the healer) by masspulling at start (some hate it, some love it). They did it magnificently compared to what I've seen.

As a thumb rule for seeing if a RDM, BLM or any other class/job knows how to prepare, I usually do a countdown on the first boss to see if they do something in response. So I pulled a 10 second countdown and as it hit the 5th second, the RDM popped Acceleration (guaranteed proc, same as Ammunitions for MCH) and actually started hardcasting Verthunder/Veraero, while the BLM popped Enochian and started casting Fire III. Because I usually don't expect it, I didn't prepare for the pull, so I pulled at the 1 second mark and got the enmity beautifully taken from me. Did pop Provoke as soon as I managed to get my enmity combo up, though.

Did some revision and pulled at the 5 second mark the last two bosses. When we were midways throughout Yojimbo (which ironically means "bodyguard"), the healer DCed, so attempting to reduce her damage taken (who knows, maybe a large influx of lag), I used The Blackest Night and casted it every time I saw the healer wouldn't survive a mechanic. We beat him without dying thanks to the RDM and his Vercures. Did feel bad for the healer as she most likely didn't get the Verity.

All in all, I love it (as a tank and a healer) when people know what to do with their abilities and make the best out of every situation.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    SAM is somewhat weak in PotD though.
    SAM is relatively weak in everything where and whenever he's not lvl 62.

RDM and BLM will rock the shit out of PotD.
    It might not even make a difference in speed anymore as long as you have 1 or 2 of them. Mobs won't even reach you.
    What did I just read... SAM is one of the strongest classes at any level. BLM is pretty bad in potd unless they go by themselves because otherwise they won't get a single cast off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    What did I just read... SAM is one of the strongest classes at any level. BLM is pretty bad in potd unless they go by themselves because otherwise they won't get a single cast off.
    Yeah, BLM is horrible to play in POTD - By the time you're all warmed up and ready to go everything is already dead anyway. Thats before you even get into all the massive AoE zones you'll need to avoid. If you get a low Aetherpool group you'll absolutely wreck the place, but since Kinna weapons are largely pointless now, that's going to become less and less common.

Speaking of POTD, it's disapointing that it's still the fastest way to level up - I've been trying to settle on a Job to play but the thought of having to grind out either hundreds of POTD's or Thousands of FATEs to hit 70 is a real obsticle.

I personally love they've kept POTD relevant, since it's my favorite content. I'm hoping they'll put Creation Tomestones in there too, but if they don't, I won't lose any sleep over it. If not POTD, I'm sure a new Deep Dungeon at 70 will have better Tomestones later and I'll farm it instead. And keep in mind, we're all of two weeks into a 2-year expansion, so...you've got time to level up new jobs, I think.

For 61-70 the fastest ways to level are pvp and dungeon premades. PotD is very inefficient at 60+

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Anyone know if there are any rotational guides for RDM? Kinda wanna get better because 3% on Susano dummy at 305 has kinda got me a little down. I know I can do better.
    Single Target: use fletch whenever its not on cooldown>jolt>thunder or air based on whats your lowest mana bar>if its up use acceleration to pro and use stone and fire to go back and forth till you stop getting a proc/dualcast>if its proc is up use impact to proc your fire/stone and begin the back and forth again>if its not up use jolt>at 80/81 or higher use embolden>corps-a-corps>enchanted rispote>enchanted zwerchau>enchanted redoubledment>disengage>holy or flare based on which opposite mana type is higher>if proc use fire or stone to go back into your back and forth to build mana if no proc back to jolt if no impact proc is up.

Aoe: use contre sixt whenever its not on cooldown>use scatter instead of joly>do your thunder/air rotation on a single target as usual but if the procs fall off use scatter not jolt or impact> get to 80/80 mana and use corps-a-corps to dive forwards>use one enchanted moulinet to hit 50/50 mana>use manafictation to hit 100/100 mana> use 3 more enchanted moulnet>disngage>flare or holy>either begin proc rotation again or start again with scatter.

-all personal experience instead of copy pasting a guide but thats got the best results for me so far.

For 61-70 the fastest ways to level are pvp and dungeon premades. PotD is very inefficient at 60+
    For my BLM right now at 62, the Dungeon roulette bonus is 541,088 XP for the first one, and 167,400 for every subsequent one. While POTD is 583400 XP every single time no matter what. That's a good 40k XP difference before you even take into account the fact that POTD queues are instant no matter what Job you are and are over and done with in under 10 minutes in all but the very worst of groups.

Even with a premade, just powering through POTD in 5 minutes gets you far better results than any other method. Without a premade, Roulette queues are in the 45min+ region, so grinding POTD is far and away the best option. Not the most interesting option, but in terms of XP/hour it's way out infront.

PvP XP is much lower since you don't get the Armoury bonus on it which kneecaps just how much you're able to earn.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    you've got time to level up new jobs, I think.
    I was hoping to be ready and set by the time they released Omega. Unfortunately the jobs I did the MSQ and Side Quests with both had the fun nerfed right out of them to the point where I feel compelled to level up another job so I can enjoy the game again. I'm fine with Jobs that underperform, as long as they're fun. Neither the SCH/SMN nor the WAR are at the moment.

If I want to hit that deadline, I've got at least 8 more levels and a whole lot of Verity to grind out before I'm ready.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Single Target: use fletch whenever its not on cooldown>jolt>thunder or air based on whats your lowest mana bar>if its up use acceleration to pro and use stone and fire to go back and forth till you stop getting a proc/dualcast>if its proc is up use impact to proc your fire/stone and begin the back and forth again>if its not up use jolt>at 80/81 or higher use embolden>corps-a-corps>enchanted rispote>enchanted zwerchau>enchanted redoubledment>disengage>holy or flare based on which opposite mana type is higher>if proc use fire or stone to go back into your back and forth to build mana if no proc back to jolt if no impact proc is up.

Aoe: use contre sixt whenever its not on cooldown>use scatter instead of joly>do your thunder/air rotation on a single target as usual but if the procs fall off use scatter not jolt or impact> get to 80/80 mana and use corps-a-corps to dive forwards>use one enchanted moulinet to hit 50/50 mana>use manafictation to hit 100/100 mana> use 3 more enchanted moulnet>disngage>flare or holy>either begin proc rotation again or start again with scatter.

-all personal experience instead of copy pasting a guide but thats got the best results for me so far.
    How can you use verflare or verholy in your aoe rotation if it can only be used after enchanted redoublement?

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried Lakshmi Ex today, I found Susano easier.

1.5k queue for Omega. Those logout measures be working yo......... /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1.5k queue for Omega. Those logout measures be working yo......... /s
    Re-logged moment ago to Odin, had 17 queue - so eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I actually calculated it out at one point and it's about 7 matches per level from 60 to 62, 8 matches from 63 to 64, 9 per level 65 to 68 and 10 from 68 to 70. It takes a total of about 23 hours to go from 60 to 70 via PvP.
    Which PvP are you doing, out of interest? I get a little bit more XP than doing a side quest from it, with none of the XP bonuses thrown in. Usually around the 170k XP mark in total, which pales in comparison to the almost 600k from POTD for roughly the same time commitment.

On the other hand, I smashed my way from 62-63 in about 45 mins of POTD, and half way to 64 in half hour more. Seems like you could comfortably get a level per hour without too much extra effort required, even if you get bad groups, you're still going to be getting about a level every 90 minutes - Or about 15 hours to from 60-70.

Deleted
    Yeah, BLM is horrible to play in POTD - By the time you're all warmed up and ready to go everything is already dead anyway. Thats before you even get into all the massive AoE zones you'll need to avoid. If you get a low Aetherpool group you'll absolutely wreck the place, but since Kinna weapons are largely pointless now, that's going to become less and less common.
    It's literally 6k dmg casts vs 2k dmg hits or something. (didn't check, the difference is very big though)
    I leveled my SAM to 60 in PotD, and leveled my weapon with BLM beforehand.

SAM has no kenki in PotD.
    BLM can start with Fire4 everytime (what do you mean you have to warm up, how do you play your BLM???), where is the problem getting hits with a cast that hits three times larger than most SAM skills and has about the same cast time as SAMs strongest burst skill.
    SAM won't even get to the 3rd part of a single combo unless he dashes forward (and thus using all his kenki).
    All you do as BLM is getting into range of several mobs at once, maybe start with something to get 3 fire stacks if needed, and then unleash - unleash - unleash and kill 3 while someone else gets his his first from 100-0.

SAM starts getting good @ 62 and then somewhat later @ 68 when he gets Kagakure. Before that RDM and BLM will wreck everything.

You literally overkill mobs with 3 GCDs in PotD as BLM, if you have another guy hitting the mob, you switch after the 2nd and let the melees handle the last 20% or so.
    Same thing for RDMs.

SAM will only do "well" (compared to these 2 powerhouses) against bosses in there.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-02 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Which PvP are you doing, out of interest? I get a little bit more XP than doing a side quest from it, with none of the XP bonuses thrown in. Usually around the 170k XP mark in total, which pales in comparison to the almost 600k from POTD for roughly the same time commitment.

On the other hand, I smashed my way from 62-63 in about 45 mins of POTD, and half way to 64 in half hour more. Seems like you could comfortably get a level per hour without too much extra effort required, even if you get bad groups, you're still going to be getting about a level every 90 minutes - Or about 15 hours to from 60-70.
    fields of glory is what people are doing for pvp lvling.

It's literally 6k dmg casts vs 2k dmg hits or something. (didn't check, the difference is very big though)
    I leveled my SAM to 60 in PotD, and leveled my weapon with BLM beforehand.

SAM has no kenki in PotD.
    BLM can start with Fire4 everytime (what do you mean you have to warm up, how do you play your BLM???), where is the problem getting hits with a cast that hits three times larger than most SAM skills and has about the same cast time as SAMs strongest burst skill.
    SAM won't even get to the 3rd part of a single combo unless he dashes forward (and thus using all his kenki).
    All you do as BLM is getting into range of several mobs at once, maybe start with something to get 3 fire stacks if needed, and then unleash - unleash - unleash and kill 3 while someone else gets his his first from 100-0.

SAM starts getting good @ 62 and then somewhat later @ 68 when he gets Kagakure. Before that RDM and BLM will wreck everything.

You literally overkill mobs with 3 GCDs in PotD as BLM, if you have another guy hitting the mob, you switch after the 2nd and let the melees handle the last 20% or so.
    Same thing for RDMs.

SAM will only do "well" (compared to these 2 powerhouses) against bosses in there.
    In my PotD experience, BLM is by far the job that benefits most from high aetherpool (not that others don't, of course). At 99/99, with a strength pomander, I would generally 2 shot most trash mobs and damn near 1 shot them with a crit, all the way up to floor 100. It's still kinda meh because you have no spell speed when in there, though.

Without good aetherpool, though...ugh.

BLM can start with Fire4 everytime (what do you mean you have to warm up, how do you play your BLM???).
    You need to have 3 Stacks of Astral Fire and Enochian before you can start two-three shotting things with Fire 4. For that to happen when you've got other players killing mobs before you've got chance to finish a Fire 1 on them is pretty difficult. Maintaining Eno as you're moving from room to room is mostly a case of using Transpose - leaving you with just 1 stack again and needing to build it back up. Swiftcast lets you get around the problem once per minute, but outside of that you'll struggle to finish a spell cast.

Simply put, things get asploded way too fast for BLM's to be useful. Their cast times are just too long when everything is getting burst down in a few hits.

When you're in a group with poor Aetherpool, then sure, you're a one man wrecking crew in there. When you've got a group with high aetherpool and who knows what they're doing... You're going to feel like dead weight most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    fields of glory is what people are doing for pvp lvling.
    Thats what I've been doing too. Though I have been queuing through the roulette rather than for Fields of Glory specifically. Could be the issue perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I'd disagree here - I don't think DPS should have a negative correlation with Raid utility. It's a lazy "balancing" mechanism that really has no place in modern game design. It's how we ended up with "hybrid" tax in WoW and all of the awkward gripes that brought with it.

Especially with FF14, a lot of that added utility is either very awkward to use in a group or is completely redundant. Like the Summoners Aetherpact, which buffs the closest person to your pet making it very hard to get onto the right person, or the Dragoons new Eye, which is cumbersome to maintain. Then you get things like Erase, which force you to swap target making them far less attractive to use in the middle of combat. With all the new threat management tools, it's debatable if the ones the Ninja has are worthwhile too.

The worst part is that some of the classes with higher functional utility are also high up on the DPS too. Like the SMN, they bring one useful raid debuff at a time and a Rez, along with a lot of the extra utility packed into their Role skills. Same with the RDM - Veraise is a far more appreciable utility skill than something like Goad that can go almost completely unnoticed. If Square are correlating Utility with DPS they're doing a lousy job of it.
    Neither of those two abilities you listed are that difficult to use. Pointing your pet in the right direction as an ARR favorite on SMM and DRG eye is mostly used for melee comps (or if the caster wanted to stand in melee range because damage.)

But I do notice that a lot of the classes that do have utility can easily keep up with classes that have next to none. We'll see when gear gets closer to end game, but as it stands anything with utility is good as long as you know how to play.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

any1 else think they should rework the range on the dragoons dragon sight so that it can reach ranged at least? seems such as useless ability if you just move a few steps and you loose the link to the other melle person
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Thats what I've been doing too. Though I have been queuing through the roulette rather than for Fields of Glory specifically. Could be the issue perhaps?
    Weird, I also do the roulette and get 600K+. I'm not sure if you mentioned it but what level are you? because sub 60 I didn't find the XP that great but once you're 60+ it's amazing.

I'll echo Virtua's post tho. Dungeon XP is fantastic in SB. Yesterday I got Doma Castle from my leveling roulette and I got half a level from that at 68 which took me what, 17 minutes? I guess if you're a DPS then queue times can be long but try to find a healer or tank to queue with you and it'll be much faster and not as boring.

One thing I wish though was that side quests didn't give such pathetic XP. 86K at 60? eh... I'd say at least 120K would have been a fine starting point.

Can ps4 not have more than one hot bar showing at a time? I'd like to make a super tiny one in a straight line above my normal one just for my cds. I see pc can move even just 1 bar anywhere can ps4 not?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.