Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    He was a good player but he isnt good at designing games. Also he lies very often.
    Well hey...at least we won't fight Sargeras early....

So..yay....

Did they ask anything about the RNG mess and the "run everything on every difficulty until you burn out and kill yourself" bonanza?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Title looked like bot spam
    This 100% lol

Nevertheless, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Did they ask anything about the RNG mess and the "run everything on every difficulty until you burn out and kill yourself" bonanza?
    i dont think either of them raid so that doesnt really affect them
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So Cox is as cringey as Bay from final boss and Crendor is basically worthless.

What they did squeeze out of Ion is that Argus is not the next expansion (duh), invasion points send us to other legion worlds (Not sure if this was properly known - maybe it was), and the "feel" of us as heroes will not be changing back to mere adventurers.

What Ion said about Argus being too monotonous for its own expansion is troubling. This almost certainly rules out mostly underground or emerald dream expansions for the same reason. Which is whatever but I think this is bullshit because the visuals of an expansion's landscapes are only as limited as the creative minds of the artists. Also, case in point: Northrend. All snow; still varied and worked fine.

why are they asking ion lore questions? i thought he had nothing to do with that. sad.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    So Cox is as cringey as Bay from final boss and Crendor is basically worthless.

What they did squeeze out of Ion is that Argus is not the next expansion (duh), invasion points send us to other legion worlds (Not sure if this was properly known - maybe it was), and the "feel" of us as heroes will not be changing back to mere adventurers.

What Ion said about Argus being too monotonous for its own expansion is troubling. This almost certainly rules out mostly underground or emerald dream expansions for the same reason. Which is whatever but I think this is bullshit because the visuals of an expansion's landscapes are only as limited as the creative minds of the artists. Also, case in point: Northrend. All snow; still varied and worked fine.
    You can see some of these "worlds" here:
    http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/7....rgus_rifts.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    He was a good player but he isnt good at designing games. Also he lies very often.
    I think he does very well, he also isn't the only one making WoW either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    You can see some of these "worlds" here:
    http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/7....rgus_rifts.png
    Though 80% Of them aren't complete now, you can get an IDEA as to which worlds they are.

For example:

The big, firey world is likely going to be Xoroth.

The one that has High-mountain Placeholder BS is likely going to be an ice world, invaded by the Legion.

The ocean area with that small, reddish/purpleish island is like going to be a celestial world, invaded/mostly sunken by the legion's forces.

The one with the Frostfire Ridge Placeholder BS is likely going to be a dead world, with a bunch of skulls, and so forth. Ya know, think of it as a bone planet, pretty much...like...a dump for all the dead mortal corpses....

The one with the Tree's is likely going to be a forest filled area (Similar to grizzily hills) that's getting deforested by the Legion, for more resources....

The one with the grey blank in it, is likely going to be a Legion citadel, where we have to take on Legion troops from invading through another region of the Universe.

The 2 legion areas, with SOME Gorgrond/Frostfire Placeholder BS, is likely going to be the ruins of a Legion world....

The Ocean isle area, with mushrooms, are likely going to be filled with dead sea animals, and hanging natives in the ocean. Ya know, similar the world Illidan saw in his eyes, with all the dead sea creatures, and haunted monsters, and so forth.

The tree area that looks like a Placeholder Ursoc map, will LIKELY be a Prickly, dangerous, legion planet. It'll likely house some crazy guys...

And, lastly, those floating isles that you see right there, are LIKELY going to be the Ruins of Nathreza. I could be wrong, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This gun be gud!

I know Jesse Cox is a MASSIVE Blizzard fan, and has often expressed extreme disappointment at the direction the company has gone lately. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
    When you get an interview with a lead Blizz developer, it really isn't in your best interest to go trying to score "you ruined the game!" self-affirmation type bait questions.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    his almost certainly rules out mostly underground or emerald dream expansions for the same reason. Which is whatever but I think this is bullshit because the visuals of an expansion's landscapes are only as limited as the creative minds of the artists. Also, case in point: Northrend. All snow; still varied and worked fine.
    Uh... did you PLAY Wrath? SP, Dragonblight and Icecrown were all snow, yes. Borean Tundra was not despite the name, nor was Howling Fjord. Nor Sholozar or Grizzly Hills.

Argus, on the other hand, has been a Legion world for *25,000 years* - 5 times as long as recorded Western history. It would be silly to imagine there's a nature preserve or a snowy place there. after that long as a Legion world it's pretty much assured that the entire place is consumed by fel.

can we please get a tldw version?

i've had troubles lately staying focused on videos of any kind, and i'd rather not deal with the cringey humor either.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Uh... did you PLAY Wrath? SP, Dragonblight and Icecrown were all snow, yes. Borean Tundra was not despite the name, nor was Howling Fjord. Nor Sholozar or Grizzly Hills.

Argus, on the other hand, has been a Legion world for *25,000 years* - 5 times as long as recorded Western history. It would be silly to imagine there's a nature preserve or a snowy place there. after that long as a Legion world it's pretty much assured that the entire place is consumed by fel.
    Yes my point was despite all being a winter wonder land it was varied and didn't feel fatiguing or overly monotonous.

There would surely be other ways to make Argus interesting and look somewhat varied or unique (doesn't have to be 'preserved' to be different)... not that I'm concerned we aren't spending a whole expansion there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    can we please get a tldw version?

i've had troubles lately staying focused on videos of any kind, and i'd rather not deal with the cringey humor either.
    Oh, they ask Ion for a fully customizable Darkmoon Faire with roller coasters. It's hella awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a fan of Cox or Crendor, so I skimmed through the interview. Two points:

-Ion suggests Dragons will be relevant at 112. Could potentially be a suggestion that at 112 we'll be seeing similar content to Deaths of Chromie. Perhaps this is a glimpse at and hint of the next expansion.
    -Ion is fine with where the PC is lore-wise and power-wise. It's extraordinarily disappointing to see that Blizzard is going to continue down the route of overpowered PC leading subfactions. I had hoped that they'd have realized Warcraft jumped the shark this expansion, and demote us somehow going into 8.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Came here for a hate boner circle jerk, was not disappointed.

I would also appreciate a tldw option assuming anything of value was said.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    When you get an interview with a lead Blizz developer, it really isn't in your best interest to go trying to score "you ruined the game!" self-affirmation type bait questions.
    Very true. Doesn't mean they couldn't​ have asked something more substantial. No need for super offensive natured questions.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yep. 30 minute interview with a full 2 minutes up front on basically nothing. That's another question or two and an answer. But acting like a hopped-up DJ is important I guess.
    It's his channel and hes performing for his audience, it's not unexpected that he would do the interview as himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    jaina is a dreadlord is a joke
    Jokes are usually meant to be funny. Darkmoon Faire Tycoon isn't.

Not gonna lie, I probably would enjoy a DMF tycoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Not gonna lie, I probably would enjoy a DMF tycoon
    This is the kind of thinking responsible for the dismal state of WoW.