Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How amazing is it to open three Dimensional Rifts...

... and getting Flame Rift, Flame Rift, Flame Rift, attacking your enemy and amassing 60 stacks of a super strong DoT, burning down the enemy within seconds?

I know the RNG is pretty... surprising but this really is worth it lol.

Unfortunately, they don't stack. If you open 3 Flame Rifts, each one will reset the count of stacks from the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Unfortunately, they don't stack. If you open 3 Flame Rifts, each one will reset the count of stacks from the former.
    No.... each rift apply their own stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    ... and getting Flame Rift, Flame Rift, Flame Rift, attacking your enemy and amassing 60 stacks of a super strong DoT, burning down the enemy within seconds?

I know the RNG is pretty... surprising but this really is worth it lol.
    I got 2 out of 3 Flame Rifts today in Tomb! I was stoked! XD
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Nope. As Netherspark mentioned above, each Flame Rift applies its own 20 stacks so you can get 60 stacks on one target and that rocks!

Deleted
    what exactly is the point of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    To share excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    To share excitement.
    What's that?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    To share excitement.
    Excitement? In MY forum thread?

Also yeah, RNG is awesome when it tips in your favor. Sadly, people hate RNG because they see the punishing side instead of the rewarding side.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Excitement? In MY forum thread?

Also yeah, RNG is awesome when it tips in your favor. Sadly, people hate RNG because they see the punishing side instead of the rewarding side.
    Because it rarely rewards and is always guaranteed to punish.

Like when you leave Tich's dreamphase with the buff, 12 reap stacks, 5 soulshards and Whispers proccs

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    Talking about the good sides of RNG.

Come on, why y'all so uptight?

7+ Year Old Account
    best i got was
    flame rift
    then when it was about to run out
    flame rift again
    then about to run out
    flame rift again
    then about to run out
    flame rift again
    then about to run out
    flame rift again

i came, all over
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Because it rarely rewards and is always guaranteed to punish.
    RNG in WoW is HEAVILY weighted towards the players.

It's not like Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    best i got was
    flame rift
    then when it was about to run out
    flame rift again
    then about to run out
    flame rift again
    then about to run out
    flame rift again
    then about to run out
    flame rift again

i came, all over
    Well with Legendary shoulders this would be a-m-a-z-i-n-g rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    RNG in WoW is HEAVILY weighted towards the players.

It's not like Vegas.
    Is that why people have been complaining endlessly about the RNG in Legion? Of course it is. I too complain when things work in my favor.

Deleted
    Is that why people have been complaining endlessly about the RNG in Legion? Of course it is. I too complain when things work in my favor.
    No, people complain because they love to complain. If the lock in Method does 200k dps more than me, then it must be because RNG made my damage lower than it was supposed to be. Can't be that I'm just an idiot that can't play as well as a world-class player...

People comment more when they're unhappy. A restaurant could be liked by 90% of the people who've eaten there - but if you go check out it's Yelp reviews you'll probably see mostly complaints from the 10%.

And WoW obviously has a percentage of the player base who is always unhappy and complaining no matter what.

The issue with RNG is really just how frustrating it can be in the short term. Over the long term things even out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    People comment more when they're unhappy. A restaurant could be liked by 90% of the people who've eaten there - but if you go check out it's Yelp reviews you'll probably see mostly complaints from the 10%.

And WoW obviously has a percentage of the player base who is always unhappy and complaining no matter what.

The issue with RNG is really just how frustrating it can be in the short term. Over the long term things even out.
    Blizzard could literally come to your home, violate your family and you would still find ways to defend them.

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2017-07-03 at 11:47 PM.

Blizzard could literally come to your home, violate your family and you would still find ways to defend them.
    Blizz could, literally, come to your home, offer you to design you own spec to you own desire, and you would still find ways to atack them.

Something like this: "Stupid blizz! this spec is useless and trash! what i know about spec's design?!"