Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you buy a PS4 for FF12 Zodiac Age?

Would you buy a PS4 for FF12 Zodiac Age, and if so, would you buy the PS Slim or the PS Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post
    Would you buy a PS4 for FF12 Zodiac Age, and if so, would you buy the PS Slim or the PS Pro?
    IMO there is no point in buying a Slim/OG model over a Pro unless u just want to save the price difference. There is a decent amount of games that benfit from the extra boost in 1080p and on 4K tv's.

I already own a Ps4 (Two of them OG and Pro) and ill be getting FF12 Zodiac Age.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm still on the fence on whether to get Zodiac Age tbh. I mean it's essentially a HD remaster of the IZJS version which I already have for PS2.

On topic though if you don't care too much about Frames Per Second then get a Standard PS4.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems silly to me to buy a console solely for the purpose playing one game but then again I own a VITA for all the JRPGS so what do I know

On Topic I would like to try it out I have never played the international zodiac job system version I heard the game is more stream lined and better than the orginal game

Thanks for the replies. I figured I'd also probably get the FF7 remake whenever it comes out. Probably Red Dead Redemption 2 as well.

Not a fan of any of the FF games so no.
    That said, I own a PS4 already so, you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I would buy a console just for a single game, especially for a remaster. If you have never played FF XII before and if there were also some other games you wanted to play on the PS4 then maybe but I personally didn't really like FF XII all that much so I may be the wrong person to ask.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, I've heard it's a better game and with the upgrade in graphics I'm interested. I may wait for it to go on sale though.
    I have seen some screens and it looks really good but yea I might wait for the sale as well or the eventual Steam release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    I have seen some screens and it looks really good but yea I might wait for the sale as well or the eventual Steam release.
    I wonder if they will put it out on Steam. I might actually give it another shot if they did that. I only ever played it once and that was when it originally released on PS2. Hell, at this point, I would not be all that surprised it they released it on Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I wonder if they will put it out on Steam. I might actually give it another shot if they did that. I only ever played it once and that was when it originally released on PS2. Hell, at this point, I would not be all that surprised it they released it on Android.
    If they put it on Steam I would wait lol. But they havent put Final Fantasy Tactics on Steam either

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I see it being likely to get a PC port down the road.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post
    If they put it on Steam I would wait lol. But they havent put Final Fantasy Tactics on Steam either
    That one surprises me since it really is out on Android and iOS. I actually own three copies of that game. The original PS1, the War of the Lions version on PSP, and the PS1 classic copy on my PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Nah, I see it being likely to get a PC port down the road.
    I would love it if FF XV got a PC release at some point.

10+ Year Old Account

I would love it if FF XV got a PC release at some point.
    It's obviously getting one, and not just because Square has shown it running on a 1080 with higher settings and improvements. The console version already supports 60fps 1440p which is what PC owners would want, combined with the fact they've been releasing FF games on PC and this one is using the same x86 arch and they likely knew this from the beginning and planned for it.

It's basically guaranteed.

They just have to milk the console owners first.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-07-03 at 01:28 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I bought my PS4 Day 1 of when it released. Step dad and I went to Target and waited on line with some console plebs (I'm joking don't infract me) and after like 45 minutes we got to buy one.

(And Target fucking sold all the AC: Black Flags even though I fucking reserved it with them. I should've thrown a fit.)

So the answer is...no. Not for one game. For a few games, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    console plebs

Good, good, let the hate flow through you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm still on the fence on whether to get Zodiac Age tbh. I mean it's essentially a HD remaster of the IZJS version which I already have for PS2.

On topic though if you don't care too much about Frames Per Second then get a Standard PS4.
    They are adding more story and what not

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...---Video-.html
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They are adding more story and what not

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...---Video-.html
    Meh. I'll wait till post launch then methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh. I'll wait till post launch then methinks.
    Np ill likely wait to be honest. between moving and other games i won't have the time.

That one surprises me since it really is out on Android and iOS.
    Woot! Final Fantasy Tactics is only $5 and some change on the Playstore atm. 3 days left in the sale it says. I picked it up.

I wouldn't.. even with FFXII being my second favourite FF game.. but also having the option for FFXV and Horizon would push me over the edge.
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming