Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    It's not exactly hard to figure out the math you know... I can't do it myself since i don't know the mythic timers

Add the time that it takes for 4 maiden shields (= phase 1) + the time for 4 rupture realities (= phase 2)

Add the boss hp + 20% of maiden hp.

Divide total hp / total time for glodal dps requirement. Calculate dps per person based on setup. GG

It wouldn't surprise me of 2M per person is actually a legit requirement.
    I just don't know what the effective enrage is. It's 7.94 billion damage required if done perfectly, so to have a 2 million + DPS requirement assuming 5 healers it needs a ~5 minute enrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    I just don't know what the effective enrage is. It's 7.94 billion damage required if done perfectly, so to have a 2 million + DPS requirement assuming 5 healers it needs a ~5 minute enrage?
    The enrage is when you run out of platforms to stand on in the second phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

On heroic longest recorded logged kill is 8:29, and he was about to cast 5th rupture realities in last phase. If green beam energy gains are same on mythic I'd say if done perfectly his enrage is about 8 minutes, however there is a lot of movement so maintaining proper dps is difficult both as melee and ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Which is essentially a set time unless you find a way to cheese it to take more than 4 hits to destroy the P2 platform.
    Yeah but is it.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

So if the enrage is similar to heroic, lets say 8 minutes is as long as you can go, that's a 1.272 million DPS requirement per DPS. That's fairly high, though not impossible in full mythic gear, but there's a lot of movement required and downtime, so it's pretty up there.

Yes, all the abilities happen on a set schedule. Have you played this game?
    Yeah I've pulled the boss about 70 times wbu fam

At 8B dmg requirement over 8 minutes with 18 dps I see 925k requirement.
    I'm assuming 5 healers and that they're not doing a lot of DPS given how much damage there is, and the tanks aren't doing meaningful damage.

At 8B dmg requirement over 8 minutes with 18 dps I see 925k requirement.
    18 dps????

you need 2 tanks for sure, and Alpha is 5 healing and its still rough. Maybe somehow someone could pull off a 3 heal but I doubt less than 3 heals.

Yep, I've pulled the boss and watched the mythic stream. I also have paid attention to how things work and everything is on a set timer. If you've pulled it 70 times and don't get this yet I feel bad for the team carrying you.
    Don't be mad fam PS what guild are you in that uses 18 dps on mythic?

Yeah, my formula has a typo in it anyway when accounting for the other 7's dps. It's on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be mad kid, you have no concept of how the game works and think that the enrage on Avatar is somehow highly variable.
    Using "kid" as an insult seriously? What are you 40 yrs old boy what a joker. Keep pulling avatar with 18 dps mate you never know maybe it's the new meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    the chinese guild go 5 healer and 2 tank.
    so, roughly, assuming that these players do like 1 dps
    7.94*10^9/14=567.1*10^6 HP for each dps
    if the encounter last like 5 minutes then 567.1*10^6/300=1.89*10^6 dps are needed for the boss
    if 7 min then 1.35*10^6
    one of the most long heroic kill in warcraftlog is like 8min 29 sec, then like 1.116*10^6 dps
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2017-07-03 at 02:01 AM.

Who's using kid as an insult?
    Literally you. But please, answer my question. What guild are you in that raids mythic with 18 dps, I'm curious.

How about you admit yours in thinking Avatar has random timers on the abilities? It is a very set time for the fight and the amount of dps required. If you don't understand the mechanics of the fight after 70+ pulls, sorry, I can't help you.
    Literally everything I say is taking the piss, you should mellow out. apart from being on avatar, i am

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Literally everything I say is taking the piss, you should mellow out. apart from being on avatar, i am
    Which guild you raiding in?

I am fully mellow and smiling right now as you avoid admitting the fight has what is essentially a set enrage(so long as your tank soaks beams properly). 4 shields and the entire bottom platform which all happen at set intervals. Thus, a set enrage.
    I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    No faith in FSY??
    I'm in the cheering section, gogo, woop woop!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Limit will kill Avatar first on Independence Day.

I wasn't flinging an insult, I was using the slang I use when talking to people all the time

listen you patronizing asshole, you know damn well referring to people as 'kid' is derogatory and meant to belittle them, its a passive aggressive way of talking.
    Infracted
    its kinda like how sloot and naguura and every other EU wannabe ends every sentence with yea, yea.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-07-03 at 05:05 AM.

Just looking purely at the phase 2 dps, 20% of Fallen Avatar's health is about 1.6 billion. There's about 153 seconds between him starting to cast Annihilation and him casting the 4th rupture. That's 10.45 million dps needed in last phase if you have a perfect P1. Assuming 13 dps, that's around 804k dps per person. Slightly less when you account for tank and healer dps.

With lust and execute, that seems easily manageable to me. Obviously the hard part is getting the perfect P1 and not having anyone die before the end in P2.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Just looking purely at the phase 2 dps, 20% of Fallen Avatar's health is about 1.6 billion. There's about 153 seconds between him starting to cast Annihilation and him casting the 4th rupture. That's 10.45 million dps needed in last phase if you have a perfect P1. Assuming 13 dps, that's around 804k dps per person. Slightly less when you account for tank and healer dps.

With lust and execute, that seems easily manageable to me. Obviously the hard part is getting the perfect P1 and not having anyone die before the end in P2.
    Where did you get the 20% number from?

Do you think that's when guilds are transitioning to phase 2? Or should be? You realize that 80% is 6+ billion HP and that phase 1 is roughly 5 minutes, right? That's what? 20mil DPS requirement minus shields for the 5 minutes?
    Last edited by legionrace; 2017-07-03 at 04:21 AM.