Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I'm just confused that how this patch is coming so soon. That means we're looking at another whole year of content drought.
    7.3 won't have the raid, as stated by Blizz. We'll still be going on TOS once 7.3 hits, and the raid will release later (like 7.2.5)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Sargeras' body destroyed when the Well of Eternity portal closed on him? My guess is that Argus the Unmaker is the world soul of Argus, which Sargeras' soul/spirit/whatever possessed when it was flung back into the Twisting Nether after the War of the Ancients. Sargeras has been trapped inside it ever since, waiting for it to finish growing and hatch so he can physically traverse the universe again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    Wasn't Sargeras' body destroyed when the Well of Eternity portal closed on him? My guess is that Argus the Unmaker is the world soul of Argus, which Sargeras' soul/spirit/whatever possessed when it was flung back into the Twisting Nether after the War of the Ancients. Sargeras has been trapped inside it ever since, waiting for it to finish growing and hatch so he can physically traverse the universe again.
    No, he ordered the construction of the Scepter of Sargeras and there has never been any mention of his form ever being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    They wouldn't put vital Warcraft story moments in mythic only boss phases, that would be out of order.
    You mean like the vital story moment of Sinestra being slain along with Calen? Or uh... Ragnaros being actually killed instead of fleeing again like he does on normal mode. Or uh... Cho'gall's death in WoD during the last boss in Highmaul. Or how about Archimonde being slain in the nether? Yeah you're right. Never would they ever do something cool like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    7.3 won't have the raid, as stated by Blizz. We'll still be going on TOS once 7.3 hits, and the raid will release later (like 7.2.5)
    While I initially had been enjoying this sort of thing, I've started to realize that it seems a little strange. We'll be on Argus talking about Kil'jaeden's death while still farming the raid. We were talking about Elisande and Gul'dan's deaths at the Nighthold on the Broken Shore while still killing them... I kinda miss when the new zone opened up and then the raid was there so everything felt more connected. Maybe if the weekly quests were actually part of some attunement to enter the raids it wouldn't feel so disconnected. As it stands, you can sit around and do nothing for 13 weeks or whatever and then Tomb opened. Same thing with Nighthold and the Nighthold story was actually good and connected to the raid... but it just felt like you weren't REALLY working towards anything since it didn't actually matter. At the very least, they gotta work something interesting from those story quests into the raid. You need to make sure your new world content feels connected to the raid even though you're releasing them at separate times... like we all got sick of the Broken Shore before Tomb even came out and that was supposed to be the connected outdoor content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You mean like the vital story moment of Sinestra being slain along with Calen? Or uh... Ragnaros being actually killed instead of fleeing again like he does on normal mode. Or uh... Cho'gall's death in WoD during the last boss in Highmaul. Or how about Archimonde being slain in the nether? Yeah you're right. Never would they ever do something cool like that.

- - - Updated - - -

While I initially had been enjoying this sort of thing, I've started to realize that it seems a little strange. We'll be on Argus talking about Kil'jaeden's death while still farming the raid. We were talking about Elisande and Gul'dan's deaths at the Nighthold on the Broken Shore while still killing them... I kinda miss when the new zone opened up and then the raid was there so everything felt more connected. Maybe if the weekly quests were actually part of some attunement to enter the raids it wouldn't feel so disconnected. As it stands, you can sit around and do nothing for 13 weeks or whatever and then Tomb opened. Same thing with Nighthold and the Nighthold story was actually good and connected to the raid... but it just felt like you weren't REALLY working towards anything since it didn't actually matter. At the very least, they gotta work something interesting from those story quests into the raid. You need to make sure your new world content feels connected to the raid even though you're releasing them at separate times... like we all got sick of the Broken Shore before Tomb even came out and that was supposed to be the connected outdoor content.
    All the Mythic only things you mentioned (outside of Ragnaros, maybe, but that was really inconsequential until Legion as well) are insanely inconsequential to the games story though. Sinestra was completely irrelevant in Cata, along with literal who Calen, Cho'gall was, once again, insanely inconsequential in the greater scheme of WoD, only showing up literally 3 times. Archimonde being killed in the Nether is also largely irrelevant when Blizz fucks it up.

Putting the basically ultimate Warcraft villain in a Mythic only encounter is insanely stupid though. He's not an extra, he's not a Ra-den, he's the de-facto villain of this franchise.

Deleted
    I dont think we get any hints that Sargies plans have changed : He doesnt want to use world souls / corrupt them/ allie with them against the void. He simply seeks to destroy them. If Argus had a dormant world soul he would simply cut the planet in half.
    Interesting point is that our powers can manifest and go strong because of our relation with Azeroth and its wounds. So a good explanation for the Eredar's prowess in magic/light/void/fel weave would be that they as well resided on a planet that hosted a world soul. However what if that is a thing in retrospect ? The titan had already awaken (Argus current condition may partially reflect his old scar from the titan waking up - we need Velen to confirm that) before our current knowledge of Eredar/Dranei history and thats how creatures on Argus have been powerfull and keen on using powers.

Argus Unmaker: What really happened to Sargie's avatar that visited Argus and seduced KJ and Archi into joining the legion resulting in the unmaking of Argus ?
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2017-07-02 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Lmao there's something wrong in your head lolol
    bruh you in the same state, pull up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post

I'm talking:
    Boss Fight 1: Fight your way to safety as Sargeras is tearing the place apart
    Boss Fight 2: Get Sargeras' attention so he doesn't just cleave Azeroth in two
    Boss Fight 3: Survive for a period of time until you can get reinforcements, like the entire sky filled with space ships (kinda like Archimonde in Warcraft III).
    Boss Fight 4: Unleash everything we've ever had on Sargeras, then head down to Azeroth to fire Big Betty into the portal to finish him off.
    That'd be pretty fucking sick. Damn!

just dropped in to remember: dont think too complex.

look at the flat and dull outcomes of everything blizz did the last years, lorewise.

dont get me wrong: here are cool concepts mentioned. but blizz tends to go the stupid, dull, easy, uninspired, 10year old kids way, when it comes down to lore, the last few years. so dont expect too much and be ready to be disappointed.

just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    just dropped in to remember: dont think too complex.

look at the flat and dull outcomes of everything blizz did the last years, lorewise.

dont get me wrong: here are cool concepts mentioned. but blizz tends to go the stupid, dull, easy, uninspired, 10year old kids way, when it comes down to lore, the last few years. so dont expect too much and be ready to be disappointed.

just sayin...
    This. My money is on Argus world soul or Sargeras trying to build a new titan to use him as a weapon/new general.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's Sargeras' next vessel imo. I don't think he's got his own body anymore so he can only inhabit other hosts. That's probably why he SOMEHOW brought back the pantheon (even though we were told he killed them all).

It just doesn't make sense to put a no-name filler Titan up as the last boss of the expansion instead of Kil'jaeden who most people believed would be the last boss of Legion (him and the Avatar that is).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    I dont think we get any hints that Sargies plans have changed : He doesnt want to use world souls / corrupt them/ allie with them against the void. He simply seeks to destroy them. If Argus had a dormant world soul he would simply cut the planet in half.
    Interesting point is that our powers can manifest and go strong because of our relation with Azeroth and its wounds. So a good explanation for the Eredar's prowess in magic/light/void/fel weave would be that they as well resided on a planet that hosted a world soul. However what if that is a thing in retrospect ? The titan had already awaken (Argus current condition may partially reflect his old scar from the titan waking up - we need Velen to confirm that) before our current knowledge of Eredar/Dranei history and thats how creatures on Argus have been powerfull and keen on using powers.

Argus Unmaker: What really happened to Sargie's avatar that visited Argus and seduced KJ and Archi into joining the legion resulting in the unmaking of Argus ?
    I think that theory is out of question now. It seems to me that they're working together and not against each other, there's A TON of void influence on Argus and in the raid itself. Wouldn't make sense for them to be enemies in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras still has his body, that's always been a thing unless they want to ret-con that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    it's sargeras cleanced by the power of thralls holyness and khadgars apexis crystals. no jokes here boyz, he is a totaly new man now and he will help us fight threats of galactic scale (after we beat him ofc) i shit you not.

/thread
    I don't usually like overdone sarcasm, but you made me chuckle! Damn those apexis' and redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    I don't usually like overdone sarcasm, but you made me chuckle! Damn those apexis' and redemption.
    appexxis and redemption stuff is good for you! thats common knowledge. didnt you know that the first thing khadgar did, after baby illidan aka theniceguy was reseructed, was to let baby illi suck on an appexxis crystal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sargeras still has his body, that's always been a thing unless they want to ret-con that.
    For some reason people think his body is destroyed even though it has never once been said that it was. With the new information and lore he can send splinters of his power through portals (Using the warlocks current weapon The Scepter of Sargeras). Creating Avatars to Crush problem planets.

Traveling through space takes alot of time even at the speed of light he was going to take over Illidans body because he no longer has the Scepter with him and required someone on the planet to open the way for him. Varimathras/Gul'dan were the last two who tried. Without the power of a titan summoning another titan seems impossible(Nightelves almost did using the well but that was Azeroth's power).

I hope he isn't on Argus. Or if he does show up it will just be a Cinematic of us trying to escape him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    For some reason people think his body is destroyed even though it has never once been said that it was. With the new information and lore he can send splinters of his power through portals (Using the warlocks current weapon The Scepter of Sargeras). Creating Avatars to Crush problem planets.

Traveling through space takes alot of time even at the speed of light he was going to take over Illidans body because he no longer has the Scepter with him and required someone on the planet to open the way for him. Varimathras/Gul'dan were the last two who tried. Without the power of a titan summoning another titan seems impossible(Nightelves almost did using the well but that was Azeroth's power).

I hope he isn't on Argus. Or if he does show up it will just be a Cinematic of us trying to escape him.
    I can understand him making an all new powerful avatar to deal with us personally. I mean sure we defeated his first one that the Guardian did way back when but Blizzard may not go that route. Even if we did fight another avatar, with his actual voice and stuff. I'd be satisfied provided the Legion is mostly defeated(Mostly, leaving that seed later to be used again in the distant future).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Has it already been discussed as being the model for a Sargeras pre-corruption for like a in-game flashback?

The model doesn't quite look like Sargeras as he is portrayed pre-corruption in that magazine special, however...

Perhaps it's a new "Avatar of Sargeras" trying to be made for him so he can have a body again?

Deleted
    All we know so far is, what the chronicles are telling us. But the thing is that all the stuff out of the chronicles happend a very very long time ago. We have absolutely no idea what happend with the pantheon, sargeras and the void for several thousand years after the chronicles.

Deleted
    My point was that we know sargie used an avatar to corrupt kj and Archie. The avatar didn't use brutal force back then but it was not destroyed as well. And jdging by his Azeroth version it is quite potent in battle.
    Argus hosting a world soul atm wold contradict Sargies agenda: If there was one the planet would be a goner millennia ago.
    One of the pantheon coming from Argus wold be a good theory since the habitants have shown extreme prowess handling powers (like current azeroth habitants

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Infract this dick, mods.
    I wouldn't let them do that if I was you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.