Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tactician struggle

If i struggle 2-4 times a fight to reset colossus smash at all, should i rather play Titanic Might+Rend over FoB+Trauma?

I just returned to the game again didnt play since EN Release.

Edit: my ilvl is around 893 currently
    Last edited by giniyo; 2017-07-01 at 10:40 PM.

if u dont have gloves the rend titanic might is better.

fob trauma sims better but plays like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    if u dont have gloves the rend titanic might is better.

fob trauma sims better but plays like shit.
    okay, i only got Ayala's so far which is great, forgot to add my stats: crit 15% haste 16% mastery 59% versa 6% if that changes anything

arms is very gear dependent, you got the ring so thats one piece of the puzzle that will make it play better.

you might want to play rend/TM since like people said FOB trauma is a bit better on aoe but its dogshit if you dont get a tactician proc you're just sitting.

relics play a bit part, we got two that improve the playstyle and feel of the spec, and and 4set is something that makes the whole thing work.

you want around 70% mastery 10% haste and everything else doesnt matter much. try to get some mastery stat sticks or trinkets with mastery in general on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    arms is very gear dependent, you got the ring so thats one piece of the puzzle that will make it play better.

you might want to play rend/TM since like people said FOB trauma is a bit better on aoe but its dogshit if you dont get a tactician proc you're just sitting.

relics play a bit part, we got two that improve the playstyle and feel of the spec, and and 4set is something that makes the whole thing work.

you want around 70% mastery 10% haste and everything else doesnt matter much. try to get some mastery stat sticks or trinkets with mastery in general on them.
    I'm not so sure on that haste measure. With 4p and helm/ring, haste sims very slightly higher than mastery still (1.50 to 1.48 respectively) although I haven't checked to see what would happen if I dumped all that haste (mostly because I can't drop it easily).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I'm not so sure on that haste measure. With 4p and helm/ring, haste sims very slightly higher than mastery still (1.50 to 1.48 respectively) although I haven't checked to see what would happen if I dumped all that haste (mostly because I can't drop it easily).
    i also noticed it got a bit worse when i swapped my haste statstick to toxins (because way higher ilvl and technically better) im testin FoB again a bit double charging more when im getting rage starved etc. it seems to work out better now

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    you get 10% from talants, im sitting at 16% raw and haste is the worst stat by far for me in sims.

Deleted
    to make some things clear.
    the sim of the Trauma (TR) + Fervor of Battle (FOB) is higher, but it has a way, way higher variance (gap between average try and highest/lowest)
    ofc that means that the potential outcome of the TR+FOB build is higher than the one with
    Rend (RE) + Titanic Might (TM) the sim here might be a bit lower, but it is overall more sustainable.
    it doesnt jump that high or drops very low.

so basically you can decide: if you want to play a "high risk - high reward" build or a more median parsing, still very good looking build like RE + TM.
    for me, i personally prefer the RE + TM build because it is a little bit more predictable, than the TR + FOB build. (maybe it is because i played WW before^^)

the 10% haste "low cap" isnt really right, it depends on your latency as well. also the 10% haste only applies if you play with in for th kill. those 20% will reduce the BS time to 5 secs which can lead to another GCD in the BC.
    if you aim for 12.5% haste you get another GCD in the CS debuff (if u dont play with TM)

so for me: i take around 13% haste that works pretty well.
    Last edited by mmoca1f07e1cb2; 2017-07-02 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    you get 10% from talants, im sitting at 16% raw and haste is the worst stat by far for me in sims.
    It's entirely possible it is simply my gear setup+trinkets currently. I just haven't seen Haste drop below mastery yet, but as usual, YMMV.

slightly offtopic how accurate is raidbots compared to simcraft? im really outdated

Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    slightly offtopic how accurate is raidbots compared to simcraft? im really outdated
    Raidbots is just an interface for SimCraft, it uses the exact same program.

Deleted
    What do you guys recommend playing on Goroth M with 75% Mastery, no set pieces, >10% haste.

I think I'm still leaning towards FoB and Trauma because it's just less management (i.e. hate keeping rend up) and seeems a lot smoother but does require the luck of good procs to keep the rage smooth.

FYI the legendaries I'll be playing with are gloves and execute ring and talents are normal ST ones with OpS.

Any thoughts?

Another question is that with TM/Rend is the filler Slam instead of WW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPriest View Post
    What do you guys recommend playing on Goroth M with 75% Mastery, no set pieces, >10% haste.

I think I'm still leaning towards FoB and Trauma because it's just less management (i.e. hate keeping rend up) and seeems a lot smoother but does require the luck of good procs to keep the rage smooth.

FYI the legendaries I'll be playing with are gloves and execute ring and talents are normal ST ones with OpS.

Any thoughts?

I used TM/Rend, but I also didn't have 4p at the time. It simmed lower in general, but I was changing around builds to practice and that's what we killed it using.

As for your last question, the answer is yes. The reason you use WW is because of FoB, so if you aren't using FoB you don't use WW ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Raidbots is just an interface for SimCraft, it uses the exact same program.
    thats amazing, thx

Deleted
    How has Rend overtaken Trauma lately?

The Compendium may need updating as the rend build still has overpower in it and all the logs don't show any signs of overpower

How has Rend overtaken Trauma lately?

The Compendium may need updating as the rend build still has overpower in it and all the logs don't show any signs of overpower
    The compendium said two weeks ago that that rend is better than trauma in ST with helmet and T204pieces

in rotation section overpower is there with the word "if talented", isnot in the sugested Rend build at talent section and at talent per talent analysis it says that isnot the best talent, maybe you have to update your reading

Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    okay, i only got Ayala's so far which is great, forgot to add my stats: crit 15% haste 16% mastery 59% versa 6% if that changes anything
    Not really, your stats are fine and your ilvl is fine too. The higher the better, but godgloves will make FoB/Trauma feel much smoother and your tactician procs will be higher.

Any thoughts?

im in a simiar situation. no set, some decent mastery gear, eq ilvl 914 or so. with my legendary setup (helm + ring) I get best results with overpower / rend / titanic might / ravager. Its even the highest simming build for my char. Opp strikes sim minimal lower than ravager(4 k dps) , overpower sims minimal better than dauntless (6 k). Its really easy to play, keep rend up as good as possible, use cs / ms procs , use overpower to replace a slam or if u want to stall rage / time for ms to come up, and every minute u get a big burst with ravager bc helmet buff, helm helps a lot.

Deleted
    I will be starting M Goroth today so will be using God Gloves / Ayala, FoB / Trauma with Ravager for the rage gain.

Will just ensure I pray for procs all the way through and use charge between swings when I can

I will be starting M Goroth today so will be using God Gloves / Ayala, FoB / Trauma with Ravager for the rage gain.

Will just ensure I pray for procs all the way through and use charge between swings when I can
    probably between boss big aoe and comets you will keep charge rolling. Dont panic if your dps isnot gigantic at the begining, we shine late in the fight