Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    The Void isn't interesting? But people say Old Gods are...which are a creation of The Void...soo....lol anywho, the fact remains we still know very little about it. Hell, our characters don't know about The Void as we know it. We only know about it because of Chronicles. We don't have an idea of the true evil of the Void as of yet besides it devouring. So hate the unknown all you like, but its an aspect Blizzard can do something cool with or fail with. Right now, I'm loving all The Void we are seeing on Argus and it gives me hope for diving deeper into it
    Honestly I would of been ok with Old Gods being a separate force to the Void but alas that can't be undone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Basically:

The Burning Legion:

*Conquers Multiple Universes/Timelines*

*Has a few leaders that can bust planets*

*Has a creator that's a fucking Titan, AKA the same Titan that dwarved the other Titans in power, while also dwarfing the Planet busting leaders by a billion*

*Houses my favorite WOW Expansion to date*

The Void:

*An Even worse foe*

*Stated to be envious to the Titans. But, we don't know if they're envious of their strength, or their third dimensional control over reality. But, we do know for certain, Ion does seem to have a lore boner for them. So big, infact, that he says that we're not ready to FIGHT a titan yet, but then completely fucks that up by saying "Oh yeah. We know a Titans might, and it's fucked. But, we can't begin to FATHOM the might of A VOID LORD!", like he thinks that what he said should be a small detail. That's just A Void Lord, not all? Fuck me.*

*The "Void Lords" We know now, are not the Void Lords stated in chronicle. If anything, they're smaller, more insignificant versions of their Avatars. Hell, Dimensius, The All devouring, is just a small taste of the Void Lords might, and that devoured like...a planet and a half. Must I mention the Old Gods?*

*Oh yeah, The Void Lords ALSO wanna corrupt a baby titan, by turning it into a Void Titan. Ya know, something that instantly dwarves ALL of the Titans combined, including Sargeras himself (Yes, even his fel corrupted self). Let's not forget that Azeroth's the strongest Titan out there...and it's a she...so...I don't wanna die by a Female titan anytime soon. D: Oh god.*

TDLR: We're fucked.

The Void isn't interesting? But people say Old Gods are...which are a creation of The Void...soo....lol anywho, the fact remains we still know very little about it. Hell, our characters don't know about The Void as we know it. We only know about it because of Chronicles. We don't have an idea of the true evil of the Void as of yet besides it devouring. (Semi same goal as The Legion, the destroy all life. But people love the legion?) So hate the unknown all you like, but its an aspect Blizzard can do something cool with or fail with. Right now, I'm loving all The Void we are seeing on Argus and it gives me hope for diving deeper into it
    As the poster above said, the void lords kind of ruined the old gods for me. I get that we needed a bigger baddie than Sargeras, but the cool thing about the old gods was that we expected them to have some dark motive. They just want their masters to eat us. That goes from lovecraft to morning cartoon very fast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Honestly I would of been ok with Old Gods being a separate force to the Void but alas that can't be undone.
    Why? What is making the Void so unappealing to people when we don't know much about it at this point? They devour, yes, but they're entities and entities have Wills, and Minds. Look at the Naaru. All we know right now is that they devour and corrupt, but like Lovecraft's (Which the Old Gods, and Void Lords are heavily based on) creations there will be more to them then that aspect

- - - Updated - - -

P.S

The Void is Different from The Void Lords, Void Lords are in The Void

Why? What is making the Void so unappealing to people when we don't know much about it at this point? They devour, yes, but they're entities and entities have Wills, and Minds. Look at the Naaru. All we know right now is that they devour and corrupt, but like Lovecraft's (Which the Old Gods, and Void Lords are heavily based on) creations there will be more to them then that aspect
    Be it as it may, at this moment I have heard just enough to have a very simplistic idea of what they are and not enough to be intrigued or interested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Be it as it may, at this moment I have heard just enough to have a very simplistic idea of what they are and not enough to be intrigued or interested.
    Exactly! So you can't hate something you know little about! Case closed I'd say?
    Wait to we learn more, see the face of our foes and their power, then make judgement on how they're and how Blizzard depicts them

- - - Updated - - -

That's reasonable. No?

Exactly! So you can't hate something you know little about! Case closed I'd say?
    Wait to we learn more, see the face of our foes and their power, then make judgement on how they're
    The thing is, the legion could have been in the same shoes - the difference was that it was constructed over a very long period of time. The way things are looking we are jumping straight to the void and at that point it will just feel forced and uninteresting. I agree that if it keeps taking the back seat and slowly developping, it might become an interesting thing one day. Can't say I hate the void myself, I am just not any more hyped for the void lords than I was for mana forge in BC

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, the legion could have been in the same shoes - the difference was that it was constructed over a very long period of time. The way things are looking we are jumping straight to the void and at that point it will just feel forced and uninteresting. I agree that if it keeps taking the back seat and slowly developping, it might become an interesting thing one day. Can't say I hate the void myself, I am just not any more hyped for the void lords than I was for mana forge in BC
    Oh no I doubt we are close to The Void Lords themselves, our characters and the people of Azeroth learning about their existence? PROBABLY but i highly doubt we will jump right to The Void after this, frankly we wouldn't stand a chance after this War with the Legion and we still have our own Old God to take care of (which is probably the next expansion, unless we get a "break" from World ending scenarios for an Expansion)
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-07-03 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    As the poster above said, the void lords kind of ruined the old gods for me. I get that we needed a bigger baddie than Sargeras, but the cool thing about the old gods was that we expected them to have some dark motive. They just want their masters to eat us. That goes from lovecraft to morning cartoon very fast.
    To be fair, the hierarchy Void Lords/Old Gods resembles quite clearly the Outer Gods/Great Old Ones hierarchy of Lovecraft's literature. You can only hope they're taking more valuable inspiration from an actual author than it may seem right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    To be fair, the hierarchy Void Lords/Old Gods resembles quite clearly the Outer Gods/Great Old Ones hierarchy of Lovecraft's literature. You can only hope they're taking more valuable inspiration from an actual author than it may seem right now.
    I said that above
    Only time will tell, we know very little and our characters don't even know they exist at this point. Time will tell what Blizzard will do them.

List of possible Void-related environments:

Underground Spider Caverns

- Fungal Caves
    - Ahn'Kahet Style
    - Classic Webs and Stuff

Naga Stuff

- Underwater Forests
    - More Vashj'ir but with better layout designs. (It was objectively F'in gorgeous!)
    - More sinister underwater cities, Gothic stuff. "N'yalotha"
    - Qiraji, Nerubian and Mantid all had unique architecture, no stretch to believe N'zoth minions will too.

ZUL

- Looked pretty strongly like Prophet Zul was encouraging the Trolls to follow the path of the Void.
    - That gives us the opportunity to deal with all those troll fantasies we've still got.
    - We've never seen any Void-Troll hybrid. I for one welcome the return of a Troll raid.

Shadowlands / Nightmare 2.0

- I personally believe that the Shadowlands will be the next expansion setting.
    - I think the Shadowlands is a parallel to the Emerald Dream: A void terror-realm that guides the malignant growth of necrosis on Azeroth.
    - Stuff we first saw in Hyjal, like the Shadow Ancients, would make excellent bosses etc.
    - We only got to see the reddish Nightmare in Val'sharah, I want to see the sickly greens and purples described in Stormrage.

Black Empire

- Full on Lovecraftian disturbia realm.
    - Rivers of blood, gibbering madmen, towers of shaped flesh. Eyeballs, tentacles and maws.
    - Cataclysm only dabbled with the Twilight stuff and split focus with the elemental stuff.

Void "Classic"

- Lots of purples and blacks in space. I'm not bored of this yet. I love the vibrancy of the Void so far.
    - Totally take the point that it could get old fast.
    - But much like how seeing fel-corrupted versions of classic races never quite gets old. I want to see Void everything first.
    - Void dragons.

Light

- Where there's Void, there's Light.
    - Loving the Army of the Light stuff on PTR.
    - Would love to see a Light realm that's getting twisted.
    - Diablo 3, Act IV and Pandemonium is a great example of this.

I'm personally fond of being attacked by super intelligent, never seen before alien races, who simply want to conquer planets and enslave all life on the planet, so we as adventurers would need to take the fight to their planet and wipe them out. It would give the devs the opportunity to create completely new races and planets for us to explore and I especially like the idea of a magic vs. alien technology expansion.

I don't foresee myself caring about void at all. It just seems like a less-interesting spin on Sha.

dont get what ppl have. the best base for a varying xpac is the voids. old god stuff is exactly what is NOT just 1-themed since they act in the background, act through many different characters they whispering too, etc. its not about purple and tentacles everywhere. its about twilights hammer, overtaken institutions and ppls, about conspiracies, about aszhara, about nerubian empire, about secrets, about insanity in various forms, about twisting nether, titanic stuff (corrupted and uncorrupted ones), and so on.

when you look what various outcomes old gods had in the past, like deathwing (whispering), garrosh, cthun, nerubs, or (also ofc) the tentacle stuff like yogg saron, the literally best thing you could have as an xpacs base, is old gods / void centric stuff. if you wanna do a relative various xpac.

i have no problems to imagine a very differentiated xpac carrying a lot of different stuff as the long arms of old gods / void lords, together with a giant aszhara thing, leading to a darker purple/tentacles, twisting nether, or underwater lorecraft end. i even say 1 xpac is too less for aszhara AND all the stuff possible with old gods based.

so i dont get whats that bad with an old gods xpac. normally i am sceptical myself what blizzard is doing, but with an old gods xpac i easily could imagine a lot of different and great content without feeling constructed.

5+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they just keep the void as a "force". Nothing against that, but I really don't like the whole "Void Lord" term.

Totally agree, the Void is so uninteresting. There is no good lore basis for it in Warcraft history. The Legion drama has been building since Warcraft RTS games.

I don't know why anyone thinks we will "fight the void" as the next expansion. It took us this long to reach Legion. It'll take us that long to reach Void and they will be properly built up by then. They've been being built up in every expansion since Vanilla (silithis, ect) but will have more focus now like the Burning Crusade has had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    Totally agree, the Void is so uninteresting. There is no good lore basis for it in Warcraft history. The Legion drama has been building since Warcraft RTS games.
    Void has been a part of every expansion and Vanilla WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    If they ever did an expansion on the Void/Old Gods, I really hope they let the gods play with our minds at random. Imagine being ecountered by a patrolling elite, but when you're almost dead it disappears and you actually lost no health, but you still tried because you don't know wether it was there or not, and other players just see you trippin' b*lls.
    This would be beyond awesome!

Or maybe like, healers would randomly see everyone life drop to zero, and have no idea who to heal. Spamming heals like crazy, but everyone been topped off for ages.

I say bring on the boring void and azshara in the same expansion so we can move on to warcraft 4 or wow 2 to start fresh with new stories to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    I would hope if they did this, that the Old Gods would play with our minds, and let us see the area's different as they are. For example, a beautiful biome, sometimes shifting to a frozen wasteland, or shifting to what the Void actually is, while being in the same spot. Of course it should happen every 30 seconds, because that would just be annoying, but I think it would be interesting to see this. Mobs wouldn't react to the climate change as they might see something else, or are not actually there.

If they ever did an expansion on the Void/Old Gods, I really hope they let the gods play with our minds at random. Imagine being ecountered by a patrolling elite, but when you're almost dead it disappears and you actually lost no health, but you still tried because you don't know wether it was there or not, and other players just see you trippin' b*lls.
    A concept I proposed to my lore nerd friends when we were first talking about fighting the Void Lords was that the leveling experience would play into what they looked like, and it would be individual with abilities named appropriately to the appearance for each person. This way not everyone is seeing the same thing, or even the same ability names. The Void Lords are showing us our greatest fear, regret, or something, but not their true forms.

Like, my actual idea was to have players make choices while leveling, and to amalgamate those into a score that gives an enemy appearance appropriate to your character's responses. So if you answered one way, for example, you'd end up with like a score of 25 and see Hogger. A score of 26 might yield Leeroy Jenkins. A score of 40? Perhaps then you're staring down Archmage Vargoth. If they call adds, the first might see knolls, the second whelps, and the third Kirin Tor apprentices. While one might Whirlwind, another may Gnoll Pound, and the third may cast Arcane Explosion. They all do the same thing, but it extends the learning curve artificially as everyone has to get on the same page about which abilities correspond to their own personal version of the encounter.

Alternatively, make it entirely random every time the encounter resets and have a full 30 different sets of appearances and abilities that are assigned at random and do not duplicate. This idea sounds the MOST fun, but as someone who has been a raid leader I blanch at the thought.

Overall, I felt that was a good encounter representation of the madness of the Void.