Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Deleted
    Argus reminds me of Warlords of Draenor a lot to be honest, but in a good way.

The architecture, the void, the new broken, the draenei technology. I believe that the Draenei area of Argus, the yellow map if I'm not mistaken, will make the similarity even stronger.

It feels kinda like WoD's redemption and a proper end to it, eventually visiting the inside of significant Draenic buildings and completing/advancing their story.
    It's as if the Broken Isles never intervened between Warlords and Argus.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-07-03 at 03:35 AM.

A lot of ppl are talking about the army of light being on Argus but aren't there Nauru on Argus as well? I think have the Naaru there is like having sargeras there but I think Sargeras cannot be there physically and his heavy weights like archimonde and kiljaeden have been busy with their own agendas. It would make some sense that a force that defended their naaru could hold out against the legion. When given time to power up we have seen the naaru are quite strong.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/638358.jpg
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...7de3343900d597
    Same bone animation...

Still too if Turalyon and Alleria ever leave Argus to go back to their home, will they die since they been on the planet for one thousand years?
    Blizzards creature designers or animators, whatever their job title is, can be summarized as 1 of 3 things. Extremely lazy, severely understaffed, or overworked and thus rush jobs are the norm.
    We -rarely- get new creatures or mobs with new skeletons since MoP, and even MoP had the lazy ass Jinyu and Saurok.

In fact, WoD had a large number of new creature skeletons with a whopping one - and it was used for like, 3 mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Blizzards creature designers or animators, whatever their job title is, can be summarized as 1 of 3 things. Extremely lazy, severely understaffed, or overworked and thus rush jobs are the norm.
    We -rarely- get new creatures or mobs with new skeletons since MoP, and even MoP had the lazy ass Jinyu and Saurok.

In fact, WoD had a large number of new creature skeletons with a whopping one - and it was used for like, 3 mobs
    I believe they just generally don't consider animating the skeletons of mobs worth the resources it takes (it does take quite some work)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I believe they just generally don't consider animating the skeletons of mobs worth the resources it takes (it does take quite some work)
    While this is true, that animation does take a LOT of time, it also is getting to the point where the seams of the game's creature design has become way too obvious. Reusing the bone/skeletal structure and the animations of a creature on a new species 5 times in a row makes it difficult to immerse yourself when you keep reminding yourself you've seen these animations multiple times before on other creatures and associate yourself with them immediately.

Id say Blizzard should have a small team dedicated to creating new animations/rigs for skeletal structure that the rest of the art team could use down the line, so in the long term they arent always reusing the same stuff over and over. Not necessarily their only job, but when they have spare time, work on it so future projects have something new to work with.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2017-07-03 at 04:55 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    While this is true, that animation does take a LOT of time, it also is getting to the point where the seams of the game's creature design has become way too obvious. Reusing the bone/skeletal structure and the animations of a creature on a new species 5 times in a row makes it difficult to immerse yourself when you keep reminding yourself you've seen these animations multiple times before on other creatures and associate yourself with them immediately.

Id say Blizzard should have a small team dedicated to creating new animations/rigs for skeletal structure that the rest of the art team could use down the line, so in the long term they arent always reusing the same stuff over and over. Not necessarily their only job, but when they have spare time, work on it so future projects have something new to work with.
    I wholeheartedly agree. If anynthing, I'd say it's more important to have more animation variation over more models/skins - although I evidently understand the work each one of these takes is incomparable to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by lazaros742 View Post
    A lot of ppl are talking about the army of light being on Argus but aren't there Nauru on Argus as well? I think have the Naaru there is like having sargeras there but I think Sargeras cannot be there physically and his heavy weights like archimonde and kiljaeden have been busy with their own agendas. It would make some sense that a force that defended their naaru could hold out against the legion. When given time to power up we have seen the naaru are quite strong.
    The only naaru we know are on Argus are Xe'ra who is missing her brain and a void naaru that's a dungeon boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe Kil'Jaeden or some of the Eredar wanted at least one part of their planet to still be what they love.
    The Naaru did not visit the Draenei before Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    The Naaru did not visit the Draenei before Sargeras.
    yes they did. the chronicle changed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The only naaru we know are on Argus are Xe'ra who is missing her brain and a void naaru that's a dungeon boss.
    there's also a few prime naaru that exist in the shadowlands and serve as spirit healers.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Someone was just able to explore it...

We'll LIKELY get a questline there, cause there is supposed to be an IGC there....

Likely about the Past, and so forth. It's ALSO been datamined that we'll likely see Sargeras in an IGC also...likely with the Pantheon...

I wouldn't be surprised, if we get to see Sargeras' past in 7.3, so we can get a little more info as to how powerful Sargeras truely is...

Cause, as of right now, we're NOWHERE near his power. Hell, we can't even take on Avatars Of the god damn Titans. Sargeras is like Thanos, if he were the size of Galactus, with Freeza's title throughout the Universe, but with Beerus' Anger.

He's pretty powerful. He can cleave entire worlds, LIKELY destroy entire Star systems (Cause, Algalon stated that The Titans razed entire SYSTEMS in 1 human heart-beat. Not just that, but Sargeras' Battle with the pantheon destroyed entire Stars, and so forth. Likely even clashed between Galaxies. Who knows), and...well...he's un-matched right now. NO ONE can face him. Broxigar's stratch was nerfed to the ground, as to where Sargeras didn't even feel his clash with the blade. If anything, Sargeras was just about to laugh at him, right before impaling em.

TDLR: We'll likely get more. Don't get your hopes down...
    Let's go further, he can blow up entire galaxies with a single fart! Hell, he was impaled and bleeding by king of Aldrachi's warblades. Sathaiel was considering a possibility to fight him evertually after having consumed enough souls with the Scythe.
    He can destroy planets? Ner'zhul can destroy planets, too! And Illidan as well. Owwww, he can never beat them! And see, we have all the artifacts, including those those he was afraid of. And the souls of the Pantheon are going to be saved not just for nothing or only to fight his puppet "Argus". They will empower us along with naaru. And there's no sense to whine about "but he destroyed paaaaaaaaaantheooooon!". It as been said like 10 billion times that he did it only because they were EXTREMELY vulnerable to Fel. And he also had thousands of demons to add him and distract and harass Titans. And we will be protected by the Light during this fight, so we will not be vulnerable, but on contrary, resistant to his attacks. So he's totally doable. Considering that we can blow up Argus to finish him as soon as we make him bleed a little bit. He's going down NOW or this whole expansion is just a senseless pile of sh*t.
    And yes, he can be fought. "Take him down and you'll see". "Hurry and defeat the Fallen Titan, there are greater bettles yet to fight" - don't be fan-blinded. All that comparisons and "he can destroy galaxies" is just imagination and HYPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Let's go further, he can blow up entire galaxies with a single fart! Hell, he was impaled and bleeding by king of Aldrachi's warblades. Sathaiel was considering a possibility to fight him evertually after having consumed enough souls with the Scythe.
    He can destroy planets? Ner'zhul can destroy planets, too! And Illidan as well. Owwww, he can never beat them! And see, we have all the artifacts, including those those he was afraid of. And the souls of the Pantheon are going to be saved not just for nothing or only to fight his puppet "Argus". They will empower us along with naaru. And there's no sense to whine about "but he destroyed paaaaaaaaaantheooooon!". It as been said like 10 billion times that he did it only because they were EXTREMELY vulnerable to Fel. And he also had thousands of demons to add him and distract and harass Titans. And we will be protected by the Light during this fight, so we will not be vulnerable, but on contrary, resistant to his attacks. So he's totally doable. Considering that we can blow up Argus to finish him as soon as we make him bleed a little bit. He's going down NOW or this whole expansion is just a senseless pile of sh*t.
    And yes, he can be fought. "Take him down and you'll see". "Hurry and defeat the Fallen Titan, there are greater bettles yet to fight" - don't be fan-blinded. All that comparisons and "he can destroy galaxies" is just imagination and HYPE.
    You do realize, that the Aldrachi king fought an Avatar of his...right? Besides, that lady with the Scythe was just cocky. Remember back when, back when that Eredar crafted that Maw weapon, and tried to use it against Kil'jaeden? Yeah, that guy got killed by another fucker...

Not to mention the fact that the Draenei bitch died to 1 guy...

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    You do realize, that the Aldrachi king fought an Avatar of his...right? Besides, that lady with the Scythe was just cocky. Remember back when, back when that Eredar crafted that Maw weapon, and tried to use it against Kil'jaeden? Yeah, that guy got killed by another fucker...

Not to mention the fact that the Draenei bitch died to 1 guy...
    That all means Sarg is quite comparable to other creatures. Yeah, he might me as 10x Archimonde, and that's a ton shit, but not something unbelievable.
    Aldrachi fought NOT with Avatar. He likely rect Archimonde, because Archi is stronger than Avatar or at least same level. But Toranaar fought Sargeras for days and couldn't wound him. If he was so weak compared to some avatar, Archimonde woud get better of him, too. And Sarg was furious when he got wounded.
    Also, Archimonde was considering a chance to rival Sargeras by draining Nordrassil. That again proves they are comparable.
    Velen said that together the Triumvirate could stand against Sargeras. That again proves the same.
    I think this all goes from overestimating energy needed to break planets. After all Malygos could blow Azeroth by unleashing Nexus "ten times over". Yet we've ended him. So, Sargeras IS defeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    That all means Sarg is quite comparable to other creatures. Yeah, he might me as 10x Archimonde, and that's a ton shit, but not something unbelievable.
    Aldrachi fought NOT with Avatar. He likely rect Archimonde, because Archi is stronger than Avatar or at least same level. But Toranaar fought Sargeras for days and couldn't wound him. If he was so weak compared to some avatar, Archimonde woud get better of him, too. And Sarg was furious when he got wounded.
    Also, Archimonde was considering a chance to rival Sargeras by draining Nordrassil. That again proves they are comparable.
    Velen said that together the Triumvirate could stand against Sargeras. That again proves the same.
    I think this all goes from overestimating energy needed to break planets. After all Malygos could blow Azeroth by unleashing Nexus "ten times over". Yet we've ended him. So, Sargeras IS defeatable.
    Toranaar fought one of the Avatars of Sargeras, this is a fact.

The Avatar was trying to corrupt Toranaar, not to kill him, that's why the battle last so long. When Sargeras was wounded by Toranaar's trick, he swiftly end his miserable life, which he could have done it at any time.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Ummm but actually alliance of lordaeron betrayed high elves, for not aiding them against the scourge. Or i just missed something?

Anyway more curious for me is, why Sigryn appears in blood elf ship? I actually start to think, he played more important role in Suramar quests, than Thalyssra even if she lead Nightfallen Ressistance.
    uhhh what?
    how could the alliance of lordaeron betray the high elves for not aiding against the scourge....
    when they didnt help us with the scourge problem, and they were not attacked until after arthas killed lordaeron, and then attacked silvermoon?

joke over
    the high elves actually did not aid against the scourge, they saw it as the humans problem and were not attacked till after arthas destroyed lordaeron, and then attacked them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I mean... so then we beat WoW, right? Sargeras is our biggest, baddest foe. Beating him really only leaves like the Void Lords which are stronger and they don't really have any story or anything to get behind on. Sargeras is THE last boss for Warcraft.
    still nzoth and many others to deal with like zandalar

- - - Updated - - -

making a new skeleton is alot of work
    you have ALOT of animaton to do, 60+ frames a second of animation, for jumping, running, walking, multiple types of attacks, multiple types of casting, special animations for specific abilities, attacked animations, dead animations, swimming animations

think about 1 frame taking about 2 minutes to make
    now think about 60 of those a second

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    obsidian is black, but it has like a purple sheen to it in the light, correct?

their cities will be beautiful, if we get to go there for these invasion things.

- - - Updated - - -

they are a free-thinking peoples that are inclined to chaotic behavior due to their fel-nature.

their old ways, pre-legion, was the worship of the void(for the most part, anyway. it's possible some worshiped the light as well. they were described as enlightened, meaning highly intelligent and sophisticated basically). post-legion, they mostly give in to their nature and seem to not care for worship.
    That's pretty cool.
    Haven't read Illidan book so this stuff is new to me.

I always liked how Legion Nathrezim are depicted as opportunists and snakes who would betray anyone if it means their benefit and survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post

Small team? To do what you ask for, that has to be the single largest team on the project. That's why they aren't doing it, it simply is way to expensive in terms of time and manpower to be actually worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yes they did. the chronicle changed it.

- - - Updated - - -

there's also a few prime naaru that exist in the shadowlands and serve as spirit healers.
    They gifted them the at'mal crystals, but didn't manifest themselves until the corruption of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden. The point which was being made stands: Mac'aree is probably not a naaru temple, because Velen is suprised the first time he is contacted by the naaru, who are alien to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Guess we finally know what happened to the MU Yrel :>

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    making a new skeleton is alot of work
    you have ALOT of animaton to do, 60+ frames a second of animation, for jumping, running, walking, multiple types of attacks, multiple types of casting, special animations for specific abilities, attacked animations, dead animations, swimming animations

think about 1 frame taking about 2 minutes to make
    now think about 60 of those a second
    I was thinking of making a topic about this today. Yes, animations take a lot of work. But since the WoW team expanded we've seen new animation skeletons decrease in each expansion rather than increase. Yes, this saves time and money recycling but it's gotten to an almost ridiculous degree.

When new creatures and monsters get shown off I'm very rarely excited now. Because I know they're all are going to use older animation skeletons that have already been reused five times before and are now recognisable instantly. It's a snowball effect that gets worse and more obvious as time goes on.

I'm hoping for a new player race next expansion pack just so I can play the same character but see something new around me.

It's a shame because I think the art department is the strongest part of the WoW team, but this really holds them back.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post

Guess we finally know what happened to the MU Yrel :>
    Aggghhhhh!! Jesus, please no!!

Anything WoD should be forgotten
    Me not that kind of Orc!