Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got the KJ tank trinket. I only had the opportunity to use it in mm+ for now...That thing is really nasty. Can't wait for Monday to test it on Maiden & co.

Returning player and currently gearing myself up to be ready for raiding. I'm really self conscious that no guild will want me for being VDH, but I'm looking just to raid casually. I still just can't wrap my head around why a guild would want to pick me up when Guardians, DK's, etc. would make life easier for them. Am I'm being ridiculous and should I just shut up and play?

You should find a guild that share the same goals as you. Try asking in General/Trade chat.

Only the top end Mythic guilds will really be nitpicking for a specific tank unless they're wannabe hardcore. Each tank has it's place in ToS and DH is definitely a great tank for ToS so just get applying to guilds that fit your needs and you'll get accepted.
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

Hello there, also I can't find a single VDH in wowprogress for the top 20 guilds, does anyone know who is the "most advanced" one (in terms of number of MM kills in ToS) ?

Edit : most advanced one I found to date would be Twojumps (4/9)
    Last edited by lovingbenji; 2017-07-01 at 11:12 AM.
    Chic Not Geek

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    Hello there, also I can't find a single VDH in wowprogress for the top 20 guilds, does anyone know who is the "most advanced" one (in terms of number of MM kills in ToS) ?

VDH is not a tank you bring to bleeding edge progression. Not in a world where Brew, Guardian and the new buffed Blood exist.

Everything else VDH is fine at and can even outshine other tanks in certain situations. Undergeared progression though is not a strong suit.

And he doesn't play the meme-spiritbomb build either !
    Chic Not Geek

And he doesn't play the meme-spiritbomb build either !
    They're playing pre-patch defensive style, which should be still just as viable, potentially even moreso depending on healer composition. Especially with the Soul Cleave buff, it should be considerably powerful. Combined with t19 and FtD, focusing on maximum Demon Spikes uptime. Should be pushing nearly 80% uptime with that setup. Most of the dangerous damage in Tomb is physical, so that works out well. The downside is that without T19 you lose a lot of the strength, so without farming TF'd T19 it'll eventually get outclassed, T20 benefits soul generation far more than it does Soul Cleave.

Essentially, VDH doesn't have anything that you can utilize to reliably ignore mechanics to the extent you can with Guardian/Brewmaster, combined with the fact that it's simply wildly under-represented. Too many players early on were just focusing on Tank DPS instead of survivability, which made everybody think the class couldn't viably tank. This was pretty much always incorrect, but when you look at top progression they're always going to take the top 1% minmax. For everyone else, every tank is perfectly viable, you're not clearing content fast enough to need that level of maximization outside of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Essentially, VDH doesn't have anything that you can utilize to reliably ignore mechanics to the extent you can with Guardian/Brewmaster, combined with the fact that it's simply wildly under-represented. Too many players early on were just focusing on Tank DPS instead of survivability, which made everybody think the class couldn't viably tank. This was pretty much always incorrect, but when you look at top progression they're always going to take the top 1% minmax. For everyone else, every tank is perfectly viable, you're not clearing content fast enough to need that level of maximization outside of gear.
    BDK's though are seeing an uptick in usage in top guilds right? Think VDH will ever get to that point before the next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Iocal View Post
    BDK's though are seeing an uptick in usage in top guilds right? Think VDH will ever get to that point before the next expansion?
    Not unless we see a dramatic mechanical change, enormous overtuned buff, or other tanks get nerfed into oblivion. There's really no reason to switch at this point for 99% of the playerbase, doesn't mean the class is any less viable though.

Deleted
    the only thing you need for vdh to be viable is to replace %parry into stronger %dr. the %parry is absurd vs autoattacks while our %dr is laughably bad vs nukes (and guess which matters in rpogress? nukes.)

its the one and major reason we suck
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2017-07-02 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    the only thing you need for vdh to be viable is to replace %parry into stronger %dr. the %parry is absurd vs autoattacks while our %dr is laughably bad vs nukes (and guess which matters in rpogress? nukes.)

its the one and major reason we suck
    Well not that it wouldn't make VDH strong but did you really just suggest they make crit, one of the mostly easily stacked stats give passive DR? Sounds boring AF, we don't need 2 stats that do the exact same thing.

Unless you where suggesting only the parry from DS/traits then sure...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well not that it wouldn't make VDH strong but did you really just suggest they make crit, one of the mostly easily stacked stats give passive DR? Sounds boring AF, we don't need 2 stats that do the exact same thing.

Unless you where suggesting only the parry from DS/traits then sure...
    They mean the parry % on Demon Spikes.

tanked 9/9 hc with tank trinket + prydaz dont regret it..

if course i want the legs but i still have 2 leggys to get legs + shoulders

dont realy see a need for the boots on KJ since i go

FB , FB , 80% phase , FB , META + trinket , FB , external if nothing is ready , FB trinket boss down dont realy have any probleme besides one phase where the kick and does claws at the same time and i am not full or healers are busy walking for what ever reason :P

On the other side i could still use armor pot and other stuff... i even get the time to use my tank trinket to soak big ones

dont have new 2 or 4p yet still using old 4p

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    tanked 9/9 hc with tank trinket + prydaz dont regret it..

if course i want the legs but i still have 2 leggys to get legs + shoulders

dont realy see a need for the boots on KJ since i go

FB , FB , 80% phase , FB , META + trinket , FB , external if nothing is ready , FB trinket boss down dont realy have any probleme besides one phase where the kick and does claws at the same time and i am not full or healers are busy walking for what ever reason :P

On the other side i could still use armor pot and other stuff... i even get the time to use my tank trinket to soak big ones

dont have new 2 or 4p yet still using old 4p
    with what build ?
    Chic Not Geek

def one without spirit bombs , i went Last resort for all bosses even if i wanted to test soul barrier ,will probably test it next ID

I am really really surprised that Blizz gave us a "mandatory" spec that totally ignores a spell in our rotation that simply invalidates many other talents from the weapon and 3*set bonus (from T19 and T20) that actually are meant to improve soul cleave (I counted I think 4 impacted talents that are now useless).

Really weird idea
    Chic Not Geek

I am really really surprised that Blizz gave us a "mandatory" spec that totally ignores a spell in our rotation that simply invalidates many other talents from the weapon and 3*set bonus (from T19 and T20) that actually are meant to improve soul cleave (I counted I think 4 impacted talents that are now useless).

Really weird idea
    It's not mandatory. A FTD, BT, DI with leg legs build is perfectly viable for tanking. It just takes a hit on dps.

There is 2 ways to play VDH now, which is DS up time build which is the above, or soul gen build which is what you're claiming is "mandatory". Both work fine and have their own strengths and weaknesses.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-04 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    It's not mandatory. A FTD, BT, DI with leg legs build is perfectly viable for tanking. It just takes a hit on dps.

There is 2 ways to play VDH now, which is DS up time build which is the above, or soul gen build which is what you're claiming is "mandatory". Both work fine and have their own strengths and weaknesses.
    The one flaw is one build is entirely based on RNG drop/chance.

which is why I call it a mandatory spec if it provides near equal mitigation for 40% more damage ...
    Last edited by lovingbenji; 2017-07-04 at 06:04 PM.
    Chic Not Geek