Thread: Atiesh

Atiesh

Just a shower thought, Do you guys think we'll see the demon Atiesh somewhere on Argus? I feel like it would be a nice nod to the Vanilla players that actually killed him in Strat. It would be nice to see some of these old faces put to rest in a nice way

Probably not. We aren't sure if demon Atiesh is still canon, given the contradiction between the quest to obtain Atiesh and the comic (if the quest was fully canon, the staff would have been restored by end of Vanilla - it wasn't the case in the comic, the Base was still with C'Thun like in the quest).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Even if the questline was canon, which it surely isn't, I really doubt they'd remember. I'm half surprised they remembered Mac'Aree enough to put it on in-game Argus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm not sure Atiesh was a real demon, as it were; more a demonic manifestation of energies. It was expunged in the comic with Med'an when Atiesh was purified once more - so going either by the Vanilla questline where you summon him in Stratholme or the canon events of the comic series the staff is already purified. Atiesh, in its form as the shadowy demonic being, is no more.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Even if the questline was canon, which it surely isn't, I really doubt they'd remember. I'm half surprised they remembered Mac'Aree enough to put it on in-game Argus.
    Who was Mac'Aree? Don't think I've heard of that demon before.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Who was Mac'Aree? Don't think I've heard of that demon before.
    Mac'Aree is a place, not a person (demonic or otherwise). It was first briefly mentioned way back in the Draenei starting zone quests by an NPC who remembered it from before the Draenic exile from Argus. It's had a few mentions in flavor text here and there as well, but was largely a forgotten point of Draenei lore until now.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It was nice of them to have Shade of Medivh react to Atiesh. I always keep it in my bags so that was a nice surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Mac'Aree is a place, not a person (demonic or otherwise). It was first briefly mentioned way back in the Draenei starting zone quests by an NPC who remembered it from before the Draenic exile from Argus. It's had a few mentions in flavor text here and there as well, but was largely a forgotten point of Draenei lore until now.
    Ahh okay, thanks. I've not done any of the Draenei starting quests in about 7 or 8 years so I remember basically nought about it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    I'm half surprised they remembered Mac'Aree enough to put it on in-game Argus.
    They mentioned it in "Illidan" which released relatively recently, albeit without the exact name. Surely their memories aren't that bad :P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    They mentioned it in "Illidan" which released relatively recently, albeit without the exact name. Surely their memories aren't that bad :P
    There's also that archeology bi-weekly... oh the grind.