Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Why wouldnt you lust on pull tough ? The more damage you deal on P1 the less damage you have to deal on P2, there does not seen to be a reason to hold on to lust till P2, specialy since P2 has more movement than P1 with all the soaking, tornadoes, stacking on ppl and plataforms being destroyed, so lust is less optmal there anyway.
    Alpha was lusting on pull, at least some of their pulls.

World 450th versus world 45th is a huge gap, however. Nearly 2 months for Tichondrius alone, perhaps more for later bosses. You're also comparing a fight like tich, which is middle of the pack (mistress level) to Avatar. You could also soak with tanks, demon hunters or just not do soak strat.

I'm simply saying. A fight that pushes to have only 1-3 melee (or rogues) and a portion can be trivialized by immunities is not a good/well designed fight. Things like cloak, or abilities that are easily dealt with by it, shouldn't exist.

Also, top guilds are buying characters. It's blatantly obvious this is the case in a handful of top guilds. Clearly they're buying them for a reason. Some rogues, for instance, dedicated too heavily into Outlaw or Sub and may not have the bracers. Similar with mages.
    Last edited by legionrace; 2017-07-03 at 07:36 AM.

Why is everyone getting so fired up about this? Personally I think it's awesome. When was the last time there was 13 guilds even this late in the race? And let's stop saying it's mathematically impossible, it's not, maybe its mathematically improbable with the gear they currently have but it's a case of farming more gear (maybe mythic splits will be the determining factor?).

It's been 4 days on this boss, that's not a ridiculous amount of time in the scheme of things, people are just used of everything being handed to them these days. It's okay to have to work for stuff every now and again. These are the best players in the world all working really hard to kill this boss and all it could take is one of the guilds to think of something out of the box or to do something perfectly for one attempt and be the first to see Kil'jaeden, which is an awesome prospect. The idea that Method, who raid the most and are arguably the best guild in the world at the moment, could still be on Avatar when a guild like Pieces or something who have never been higher than World 10 are progressing on Kil'Jaeden is very exciting and will make for an awesome race.

Let the top guilds and blizzard worry about the tuning, everyone else sit back and enjoy the race. It's a hell of a lot more exciting than Method/Exorsis/Serenity steamrolling the instance while all the other guilds are 3 or 4 bosses behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunkus View Post
    Let the top guilds and blizzard worry about the tuning, everyone else sit back and enjoy the race. It's a hell of a lot more exciting than Method/Exorsis/Serenity steamrolling the instance while all the other guilds are 3 or 4 bosses behind.
    Sereni-who?

maybe mythic splits will be the determining factor?

It's a hell of a lot more exciting than Method/Exorsis/Serenity steamrolling the instance while all the other guilds are 3 or 4 bosses behind.
    what? who?

blizzard seems to have done a good job w/ healer tuning in this raid instance. every fight certainly feels like it's a 4-5 heal fight, and going less than that feels overly punishing without gaining much (if any) reward.

that being said, the balance disparity for both healer/dps specs is so blindly obvious in this patch and it's sad that blizzard couldn't even address the issues ... knowing they existed pre ToS...

Why is everyone getting so fired up about this? Personally I think it's awesome. When was the last time there was 13 guilds even this late in the race? And let's stop saying it's mathematically impossible, it's not, maybe its mathematically improbable with the gear they currently have but it's a case of farming more gear (maybe mythic splits will be the determining factor?).

It's been 4 days on this boss, that's not a ridiculous amount of time in the scheme of things, people are just used of everything being handed to them these days. It's okay to have to work for stuff every now and again. These are the best players in the world all working really hard to kill this boss and all it could take is one of the guilds to think of something out of the box or to do something perfectly for one attempt and be the first to see Kil'jaeden, which is an awesome prospect. The idea that Method, who raid the most and are arguably the best guild in the world at the moment, could still be on Avatar when a guild like Pieces or something who have never been higher than World 10 are progressing on Kil'Jaeden is very exciting and will make for an awesome race.

when Avatar gets his inevitable nerfs to the point where he is killable, it will mostly benefit US guilds, they have realm resets first and days of practice on it just like all the other guilds, they should kill it before EU or Asia even get the nerfs, depending on KJ tuning, it might not even be that exciting race in the end as it could come down to "is KJ tough enough to survive long enough before EU and Asia realms can get to him?"

But I guess thats one way to ensure US has better chance at getting world first for once /tinfoilhat

10+ Year Old Account
    This is potentially a scenario where accountsharing might become a big deal. So far it was limited to a couple of 'transfers' per tier. But lets say that for the sake of the argument this boss is only kill-able with 9 mages and 4 rogues, and next reset one guild goes totally out of their way and recruits 6 geared mages and a rogue (remember spine of dw) and have their own members playing those accounts and get a WF.

Or to put it different: I wonder about the reactions from people (who currently don't see it as a problem) if 50% of the raid is playing on an account that is not theirs (instead of the usual 1-2) and get a WF that way.

Deleted
    It's going to be hilarious when this boss dies on Tuesday evening EU time and everyone unironically parroting the "mathematically impossible" meme disappears or backpedals so hard it could be used to power a large city.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Lich King
    Ragnaros
    Ragnaros was killed second or third reset. Lich King was limited attempts so that's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Example: If the fight gets nerfed, US kills it 6 hours after reset, they are 1st. However, if EU kills it 2 hours after reset, EU is now 1st. That's how it works.
    No, this is not how this works...
    And now, this is not something I thought of, top players have said it several times over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    when Avatar gets his inevitable nerfs to the point where he is killable, it will mostly benefit US guilds, they have realm resets first and days of practice on it just like all the other guilds, they should kill it before EU or Asia even get the nerfs, depending on KJ tuning, it might not even be that exciting race in the end as it could come down to "is KJ tough enough to survive long enough before EU and Asia realms can get to him?"

But I guess thats one way to ensure US has better chance at getting world first for once /tinfoilhat
    And Tarren Mill will mysteriously start lagging

Deleted
    Last I checked, it was how it worked. Guilds have manually been moved up places on wowprogress and guildox because of this.

Has this changed? Because it's happened in the past with raid tiers.
    First is first, that's how it's been for 12 years. I recall there might have been a short time frame where wowprogress briefly changed the laws of physics and time, but not for a long time for sure.

Deleted
    Last I checked, it was how it worked. Guilds have manually been moved up places on wowprogress and guildox because of this.

You know, im here for a while now, there is atleast few years I didnt even singed, then, im not much of a poster, reader mainly, but, Lord - was that the stupidest shit I have ever read.

You might be outthere with joycock.

Anyone got a link/clip of the 20 % wipe of Alpha on Fallen Avatar?

Deleted

I don't see the chinese "World Firsts" in the Burning Crusade Ranking (BC released much later, they kinda stomped through ssc and tk while still having t3 set pieces equiped and cleared BT after 52days into the addon)

Deleted

I don't understand the meaning of your post.
    Clearly.

/10char

@Xinkir : No, you're just wrong. The guild that kills a boss for the first time in the universal time of the world is World First and that's all.
    There's no "time from the moment it was available" or whatever. You kill it first in the world, you have World First and it's over. It always has been like that, dont build up stories.

Heck, was there even tracking websites for BC?
    Wowprogress existed in BC, can't remember when it was introduced exactly but Kara/Gruul were on Realm Forums, Black Temple on Wowprogress.

Also there was definately a tracker site in Classic... bosskillers or something like that? I don't remember the name
    It was available until late BC or so