Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    No, it doesn't. Who the fuck are you to think you know for even a moment what goes on in my mind?

I enjoy it for the way it looks. I could give a shit less if everyone else were riding it also. Know what my favorite mount is right now? The Runesaber from the store that anyone with a few bucks can have ... because I love the way it looks for many of my toons.

You don't have a clue what other people like and why, you only know for yourself. The moment half of this world stops judging the other half based on the first half's notions of what's right for everyone the sooner the world could be getting on to being decent rather than mostly shit
    Dont get salty with me man.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    a) Exploration
    b) Community
    c) Adventure
    d) Prestige
    This guy gets it. However, I'd put community first. Too much content can be done without joining a guild or even talking to another player.... and this is an MMO.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Thats the problem i am saying. There is only prestige to the top 1%

There needs to be levels of prestige

Right now if u want to be cool you need to be a Mythic raider. Thats too much out of a person. Its too much.

If there was prestige to do normal mode for example, people would do it.

As an example i gave this (just a way to implement prestige in the game):
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-New-Tier-Sets
    That's probably one of the biggest issues with the game that people overlook. Too many raiding difficulties. Now, only the top 1% (give or take) have access to full Mythic gear. In the past, there was probably a much larger percentage of people that had access to full Heroic gear, and much more before that when there was only 1 mode.

Blizzard thinks they have to cater to every skill level by having a "raiding mode for everyone" but in the end, it does kill the prestige of the game when you do that. Plus, there are still a large group of angry 10-man raiders that despise this 20-man Mythic crap.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, back when prestige required time more so than skills.

My main problem is not having a quest for prestige anymore because right now everyone is special.
    Mythic only gear, mythic only mounts

Gladiator only titles, Gladiator only mounts, High rank pvp gear

What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    This guy gets it. However, I'd put community first. Too much content can be done without joining a guild or even talking to another player.... and this is an MMO.
    Why is more content a bad thing?

Deleted
    Nah, just make the raid bosses impossible to be killed. (Like, statistically impossible to be killed)
    That way, everyone will be forced to enjoy everything else.

What a scientific breakthrough!

That's probably one of the biggest issues with the game that people overlook. Too many raiding difficulties. Now, only the top 1% (give or take) have access to full Mythic gear. In the past, there was probably a much larger percentage of people that had access to full Heroic gear, and much more before that when there was only 1 mode.

Blizzard thinks they have to cater to every skill level by having a "raiding mode for everyone" but in the end, it does kill the prestige of the game when you do that. Plus, there are still a large group of angry 10-man raiders that despise this 20-man Mythic crap.
    So, what you're saying is that exclusive content is great, unless you're the one being excluded.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted

All i can say, is that im going to get in trouble for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why is more content a bad thing?
    More content isn't a bad thing. Having no community, is. The game was healthier, imo, and thriving when social connections were the main infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, what you're saying is that exclusive content is great, unless you're the one being excluded.
    Exclusive content is great, but 1% is too exclusive. I feel like the game was better when the exclusive content was done by 5-10% of the playerbase, and I'm using content as raid content.

All i can say, is that im going to get in trouble for this.
    Nah, not at all.

Deleted
    Exclusive content is great, but 1% is too exclusive.
    Nah, not at all. We even have an example case where catering to the 1% produced significant results.

http://wildstar-central.com/threads/...e-7#post-64164

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just prestige.

Content was actually fun to progress. Unless you raid mythic, right now the entire game is on autopilot. Free gear, free ap, entire raid skips, always freeeeeeeeeeeeeee or trivial content. 95% of the game is just a time sink played by Blizzard.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    People all knew how long it took you to get something and it helped build respect for each others achievements.
    Epic gear was truly epic. Even having a simple mount was a form of prestige back then.

Nowadays you get RNG gear thrown at you weekly/daily and it's all meaningless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Nah, not at all. We even have an example case where catering to the 1% produced significant results.

http://wildstar-central.com/threads/...e-7#post-64164
    Dude majority of players didnt leveled up befor they left game. Cuttering to hardcore players wasnt reason why people left Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Dude majority of players didnt leveled up befor they left game. Cuttering to hardcore players wasnt reason why people left Wildstar.
    Well I for one support such "hardcore" model, yet never even tried Wildstar because graphics was unappealing and characters looked retarded (this, seriously, what were they even thinking?). I took one look at it and thought "I could never possibly take this game seriously".

Blaming lack of Wildstar's success on "un-casual" approach doesn't have any base.

Deleted
    a) Exploration
    b) Community
    c) Adventure
    d) Prestige
    I would put prestige to e) and add d) collecting things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Not just prestige.

Content was actually fun to progress. Unless you raid mythic, right now the entire game is on autopilot. Free gear, free ap, entire raid skips, always freeeeeeeeeeeeeee or trivial content. 95% of the game is just a time sink played by Blizzard.
    It still takes time, it's just a different kind of timesink than before. In classic, and to some extent also in TBC, you had to farm consumables, you had a multitude of enchants (and later also gems), of which obtaining some have been a task in itself, and you also had to farm different sets of gear (like resistance gear, or in some cases specific tank gear for DPS classes who had to tank in gimmick encounters). While I loved to have many gems and enchantments (and additional gem slots like the belt thingy from blacksmiths) because they provided customisation, and I miss that together with reforging, I am glat that they have toned down on the preparation part a bit.

Now, my game time is just eaten up by other things, and I don't care about raiding anymore. I already have a job, I don't need a hobby where you have to put in as much effort without being paid real cash. I want to have fun, relax, and experience a story from different point of views (which alts are all about, and thankfully they have finally managed to make different class campaigns in their game). I don't need prestige in a game. I have real life accomplishments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I would put prestige to e) and add d) collecting things

- - - Updated - - -

It still takes time, it's just a different kind of timesink than before. In classic, and to some extent also in TBC, you had to farm consumables, you had a multitude of enchants (and later also gems), of which obtaining some have been a task in itself, and you also had to farm different sets of gear (like resistance gear, or in some cases specific tank gear for DPS classes who had to tank in gimmick encounters). While I loved to have many gems and enchantments (and additional gem slots like the belt thingy from blacksmiths) because they provided customisation, and I miss that together with reforging, I am glat that they have toned down on the preparation part a bit.

Now, my game time is just eaten up by other things, and I don't care about raiding anymore. I already have a job, I don't need a hobby where you have to put in as much effort without being paid real cash. I want to have fun, relax, and experience a story from different point of views (which alts are all about, and thankfully they have finally managed to make different class campaigns in their game). I don't need prestige in a game. I have real life accomplishments.
    You still could do this in prestige wow. Only thing what would change is that you will not get to see 100% of all content. Which btw how it is supostu be. You dont deserver to see kill most iconinc bosses and see high end raids if you dont put effort into the game you just dont. I am casual player but i cant take any of current raiding content seriously anymore. It is just pathetic that bunch of 30 noobs can go into ToS and kill Kil Jaden like it is some kind of potatoe. All that lore around him and he gets killed by LFR heroes is plant stupid. I never get to see BT or Sunwell but i had respect for guilds what did and those bosses for me were like giant value becouse for simple fact they took so much effort to kill. Nonady would give **** about Lich King lore and character if WOTLK had LFR in game. I remeber almost every boss from TBC and WOTLK. I cant think of any boss name since Blizzard start adding difficulty levels. I could i care about bosses what players kill on day 1.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2017-07-03 at 11:11 AM.

a) Exploration
    b) Community
    c) Adventure
    d) Prestige
    All of which are plenty present in the current game.

Not sure how socially inept and jaded one needs to be in order to lack those things in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    prestige exists

it seems you're just missing it

would that help if they made better ranking systems ?

you know, anyone can be the best collector, the best gold maker, the best pvp player, the best proving ground player, the best pve player.
    or you can find something and get satisfaction out of it (see doubleagent)

to be fair only pve is covered, unofficially, thanks to sites like warcraftlogs
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-07-03 at 11:14 AM.