Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alefnir View Post
    That is a fucking hand canon. Jesus Christ, what were they thinking?!
    They were thinking of those extra followers/views they would get.

Btw, did they ever get those?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I don't get out much because the streets are full of cunts with guns. I think you get the picture.
    I find the irony in your picture standing by your weak statements.

Im glad you understand irony most internet bullies don't.
    Slow clap for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You must be really fucking dumb to think a book would stop a bullet.

Especially a .50 cal bullet. Those things are designed to leave a lasting impression.
    0.50 cal firearms are designed to leave a lasting impression in the thing you're pointing it at, as well as the 4 things that are behind the thing you're pointing it at

out of all the pistols they could have picked. they went with the one that shoots bullets known to go through things.

*facepalm*
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40438207

Who would've thought teenage parents could be so irresponsible?
    Somewhere Darwin is weeping that these two already reproduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.

wut? did I read that right?
    Jesus. That's one of the most powerful handguns ever made. What would make them think this was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    0.50 cal firearms are designed to leave a lasting impression in the thing you're pointing it at, as well as the 4 things that are behind the thing you're pointing it at
    As someone who has fired one. Yep

The recoil alone is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by deathchainin View Post
    Why are people so cold? Making jokes of a death, is just plain sad.
    You eventually reach a point in life where its really hard to have empathy towards sheer stupidity.

I didn't like this movie, but one thing which caught my attention and interest, was the rifle he uses in this clip up until 1:05.

It says .50 cal, so that means the gun this "woman" was firing, was of the same caliber as the rifle in this movie? Yes? No? I'm not too gun-savvy.
    I can totally see how they'd think a book would stop the bullet tho! So obvious!

On a different note, I've wanted to shoot with a Barrett M82A1M since I saw this movie.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-02 at 11:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    what im racking my brain about is where they came up for the money to buy one just the fact they thought this shit up tells me neither one was more than a do you want fries with that window licker thats a damn near $1600 gun
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

As stupid as this "prank" is, I think her position in this is a little more defensible than usual.

With the boyfriend as the clear and public instigator of this "prank gone wrong", it's more along the lines of assisted suicide. Still incredibly wrong in this situation, but the deceased is the primary at fault here.

Calling it a "prank" does it an injustice though. The second you involve a loaded gun, it stops being a prank.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40438207

Who would've thought teenage parents could be so irresponsible?
    They are teenage parents, the very DEFINITION of irresponsible...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could throw a shoe out of my window and hit a more reliable source than noxxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I didn't like this movie, but one thing which caught my attention and interest, was the rifle he uses in this clip up until 1:05.

It says .50 cal, so that means the gun this "woman" was firing, was of the same caliber as the rifle in this movie? Yes? No? I'm not too gun-savvy.
    I can totally see how they'd think a book would stop the bullet tho! So obvious!

On a different note, I've wanted to shoot with a Barrett M82A1M since I saw this movie.
    Yes. And I liked that movie. The char was a bad ass. But he went after scum and gave them their just reward.

While they are the same diameter, they are leagues apart. Bullet weight and velocity are huge factors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    As stupid as this "prank" is, I think her position in this is a little more defensible than usual.

With the boyfriend as the clear and public instigator of this "prank gone wrong", it's more along the lines of assisted suicide. Still incredibly wrong in this situation, but the deceased is the primary at fault here.

Calling it a "prank" does it an injustice though. The second you involve a loaded gun, it stops being a prank.
    Didn't she just get charged with manslaughter? I mean it makes sense, a reasonable person would expect somebody to die if you take a shot at them.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post

While they are the same diameter, they are leagues apart. Bullet weight and velocity are huge factors.
    ... Ok, so whilst the caliber is the same, the bullet weight, shape and the power of the rifle is far beyond that of the gun?

Makes sense I suppose. All the same though, watching people fire .50 cal handguns it's pretty clear that their power far outweighs the stopping power of a book. It'd be logical to conclude that she won't be going down for manslaughter, but rather second degree murder at the very least.

At least, that's what I would expect should I point a loaded gun at someone and then fire it and resulting in death for that person, even if it was "for a stunt". Had it been more of a "The Crow"-case, manslaughter would be more logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    This story about her shooting her boyfriend was kind of fun to read though. Reminds me of this quote "two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and i'm not sure about the former".
    Reminds me of the classic line: Try as hard as you want to idiot proof something, the world will simply produce better idiots.

Deleted
    Slow man slow clap. Glad we re on the same page here. Now unless you wanna keep derailing the thread with your petty insults I suggest you go be useful in your life like I don't know get a job perhaps?

- - - Updated - - -

From a legal point of view: Pointing a gun at someone whether with intent to kill or not can have the end result of actually killing a man. Now unlike a car accident when you might kill someone in the process of driving, I believe that its not the same when you point a gun at someone. So while in car accidents the accidental killing is a manslaughter I think in the case of pointing a gun ----> shooting the gun ----> subsequently killing the guy your gun was pointing cannot be called manslaughter.

Guns are made for killing. Pointing a gun entails the acceptance that you may very well kill or severely wound someone. Chances of this happening are also extremely high since this is why guns are made for. So I don't see "manslaughter" in this case. Its a second degree murder at least and probably a first degree depending on the outcome of the investigation regarding the actual circumstances of the killing.
    If I can recall right, murder is the killing of someone involving premeditation. Manslaughter is the killing of another person with the absence of malice. There are like 3 major criterias that need to be met to consider manslaughter.

1. Did someone die?
    2. Did someone die because of the actions of somebody else?
    3. Would a reasonable person expect that action to kill somebody?

Of course there is more to it, but that's the major points that need to be answered beforehand. Since she didn't want to kill him, that takes the murder charge off the table. I'm not trying to excuse what they did, but legally it will be hard to prove that it was murder, especially if they can how that it was his idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Reminds me of the classic line: Try as hard as you want to idiot proof something, the world will simply produce better idiots.
    Haha I like this one, haven't heard it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    you made me google that shit, HOLY FUCKING GOD, not even the fucking bible cant stop a bullet from that thing

In case anyone wants to see said weapon in action
    That gun is gorgeous. I want one now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    That's what I'm assuming.. there are some really dumb people in this world but this would take the cake.. probably depressed but lacked the conviction to do it himself

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Good, hopefully more youtubers follow their example

- - - Updated - - -

you made me google that shit, HOLY FUCKING GOD, not even the fucking bible cant stop a bullet from that thing

In case anyone wants to see said weapon in action
    This guy has horrible trigger discipline.