Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    I agree completely with that and I think we are slightly at cross purposes here. It is other comments talking about 910+ for normal ToS etc. and the 'joke - but true' statement early on wanting Curve, 925 etc. I'm a pugger, I get the limitations of pug life but it is annoying as it is ultimately detrimental to WOW and the community (in my opinion.)
    Indeed, was in a pug on my 905 alt today. He demanded 905+ and Curve for Normal, I didn't mind and hoped on a quick and clean run. The leader was a Resto druid with zero knowledge and did about 250k HPS
    People just want to be carried, making it seem like the pug is good by having high demands is one way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Need 925. Link curve. One shot grp. Will check armory, be good or be kicked. 7/9M RL boosting friend. reserved loot
    Those groups are the ones you should ignore at all costs. They will disband after 1-2 wipes, because they have the most impatient players you can imagine, they are not willing to progress but expect a buttery smooth experience...with a pug...in week two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I mean... that's weirdly what I feel as well. The only ones I've seen use "nhc" used is by people that only pug and I've been literally in every raiding situation you can be in this game.
    Is it non-heroic? it can be both Normal and Mythic, is it new heroic aka mythic? is it normal heroic? What the hell is nhc?

Of course it means non-heroic, it's still from the times when there only was heroic and normal. So it became HC and NHC as an abbreviation.
    And it's still in use alongside NM for normal-mode, at least here (on german realms).

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Those groups are the ones you should ignore at all costs. They will disband after 1-2 wipes, because they have the most impatient players you can imagine, they are not willing to progress but expect a buttery smooth experience...with a pug...in week two.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it means non-heroic, it's still from the times when there only was heroic and normal. So it became HC and NHC as an abbreviation.
    And it's still in use alongside NM for normal-mode, at least here (on german realms).
    NHC was never used before, on any server I have ever played on since Vanilla. However, in Legion I've seen it pop up on forums every now and then. To me it is the stupidest thing, why say "non-heroic" when you can say "normal" aka N ToS. Not NHC ToS, not NM ToS, but N ToS.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Done that,my main blood DK might be 920,my paladin is 898 and tanked KJ HC just fine in our alt raid
    i assume than no one made a log becouse between 898-900 ilvl there is only 2 tanks in KJ HC kills at warcraftlogs

10+ Year Old Account
    905 is right where you should be for Normal ToS. You're slightly low for starting Heroic ToS (910-915), but not bad enough that you'd gimp your raid.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Was pretty much my experience today. One week in and it has begun.
    Just start your own group. Ive had all my toons geared by making my own group while i was a but under geared.

Normal has next to no reason to require more than 890. I can see for "pug reasons" moving that up to 895-900 just because you are going to end up with a few bad apples that are just bad at the game, dont give a shit for a reason like "its normal", or are flat out trolling in some fashion. But ultimately it is up to the person making the group to where they decide to set the bar. Sure I have no doubts some set the bar because they want to be carried. Others because they don't want to carry. Some because they are just stupid. Others because honestly sometimes good people won't join a group with low bars thinking it will be a bad group.

So a Normal ToS raid would be ideal for you to upgrade items. What is this obsession with forcing people to out gear instances before entering it and hoping for WF/TF procs?
    It's a free country? Players get to make any kind of group they want? And if you don't like how they make it, you are free to ignore them and do something else?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't actually mind players setting whatever group requirements they want; what gets me is when RL won't set up interrupt or soak rotations because "Everyone should know the fight" which typically means "I don't know this fight well enough to explain it and I don't want to say too much for fear of exposing myself."

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    i assume than no one made a log becouse between 898-900 ilvl there is only 2 tanks in KJ HC kills at warcraftlogs
    Who the hell logs alt runs?

Need 925. Link curve. One shot grp. Will check armory, be good or be kicked. 7/9M RL boosting friend. reserved loot
    oddly enough, soon as you join a group cross server loot can no longer be reserved. if the asshat is from your server then its your bad joining.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Who the hell logs alt runs?
    log whores, It is very rare to be in a group without at least one

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post

I don't actually mind players setting whatever group requirements they want; what gets me is when RL won't set up interrupt or soak rotations because "Everyone should know the fight" which typically means "I don't know this fight well enough to explain it and I don't want to say too much for fear of exposing myself."
    Actually it means everyone should know the fight. You have to be completely anal retentive to set up interrupt or healing cd rotations in normal and most of heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    See we germanz say HC/NHC in voice chat too, so overall we win more time than you with your scrapping of one typed letter . <3
    I doubt that.
    Since you have to pause between every letter to say it, it takes you just as long.
    But, once again make a bunch of idiots out of the tribe..
    Much like only Germans call their alts their twinks, and their twinks their toons.
    And yet again, what to expect from a generation that calls their cellphone their handy.
    In that sense, that makes you either the dumbest people on the planet regarding proper use of English, or the most ignorant.

Sounds like bashing? Not really, just critique. And I can do that, as German I can criticize my own people where criticism is due
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I was in this group on an alt that the leader in discord named abilities that if you got hit by them you would be kicked. He over looked a few of his errors of course because he had to make calls.

900+ is enough for the whole raid in hc as far as I'm concerned
    Yeah good luck doing the last two bosses in heroic with a 900 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Yeah not Heroic. Normal easily. Heroic unless you got good players isn't happening at 900 and in pure pug the likelihood of hitting enough good players at 900 is highly unlikely. Although I couldn't complain in a pure pug if I cleared all of heroic in a pure pug minus the last 2 bosses at this point in the cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    This pretty much sums up the LFG community lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    When I say EU, I mean the EU realms that have English as an official language, not the French, German, Russian or whichever other languages have their own realms these days. And on said English EU realms, NHC has never been a standard. I stared playing 2 weeks after TBC launch, and last patch doing NH pugs, was the first time I ever saw the term.

The standard abbreviations have always been the following:

Normal: N, or simply no abbreviation ("LFM NH, fast clear" implies Normal mode, and can be seen all over the place"
    Heroic: HC. I know some ppl use H, but I have never seen that in-game, only here on forums (usually from US players).
    Mythic: M and MC were both used early WoD, but MC seems to have died out, and M has become the standard.

NHC doesn't even make sense, is it supposed to be Normal Heroic? Non-Heroic? The former makes no sense, and the latter can imply both LFR, Normal and Mythic.
    Nighthold casual
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Outside of a pug group,it's not that hard.
    I'm obviously talking full guild group,I wouldn't trust a pug in heroic without 915,but that's because the usual pug is absolute trash

Outside of a pug group,it's not that hard.
    I'm obviously talking full guild group,I wouldn't trust a pug in heroic without 915,but that's because the usual pug is absolute trash
    The last two bosses on heroic would be hard as hell with a 900 ilvl whether it was a guild group or not...

Even to this point, there's only 1900 guilds that have killed heroic KJ, and all of them have done with an avg ilvl of 920.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-07-04 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    893 Blood DK, tanked all of normal + 3/9H in one night.

905 is fine.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.