Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    I think the vast majority of people are smarter than you want to realize and can succeed if they had to yes.
    I dont think you understand that there is an essential limit to how many people can be at an extreme. Take sports for instance: being able to make extreme wages for sports is something that a percent of a percent of athletes who train all their lives can attain. The well paying jobs at an office are limited because offices are largely built like a pyramid with a massive amount of low paying wages and a small number of high paying.

I dont think you quiet fathom the scale of things. How the newer high paying work is in lower numbers than any point in the last century. . How you often need very large, very risky investments even for that great idea.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Damn lets raise that wage to atleast 20 at this point i could use a break from struggling, im a red blooded conservstive and am all for atleast 20
    Don't be silly, even the countries with way higher minimum wage doesn't have 20.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And how are you suppose to afford to move if you can't afford to live...?
    Step one go to local library and use their computer (I mean your next step was to tell me you cant afford internet right?)
    Step two research areas of country with high levels of employment ( they do exist, cities like San Antonio Texas and Phoenix Arizona are reasonable on cost of living and have a good amount of reasonable paying work)
    Step three apply and get your resume out (opps create it first on same library computer)
    Step four buy a bus ticket (I mean your so poor you dont have a car right?)
    Step five stay in a hostel .. every city has some and they are usually around $10 a night.. affordable until you get paid and can find a roommate or become someone elses roommate

There you moved to a better area with better jobs with little money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And how are you suppose to afford to move if you can't afford to live...?
    Not just that some people flat out cannot move. Myself for instance, I have a sickly mother I have to take care of and no one else in the family capable.

Good then the wages would go up because everyone is hiring right?
    How can everyone be hired if everyone has their own company/idea?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Damn lets raise that wage to atleast 20 at this point i could use a break from struggling, im a red blooded conservstive and am all for atleast 20
    You have absolutely zero concept of how the economy works.

You dont seem to understand that having poor in any number is unhealthy for the economy and the country as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    This is great news for people in St. Louis who were unable to get a job previously. Now they can get the job experience that will lead to jobs that pay more than the minimum. I'm glad the ladder has been lowered down further, so that more can begin their climb. I'm looking forward to the follow up story, where they note how much unemployment went down in St. Louis.
    Wow, its almost as if what you're stating never happens and has never been proven to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Not just that some people flat out cannot move. Myself for instance, I have a sickly mother I have to take care of and no one else in the family capable.
    Then that's a life choice you made to live and take care of her.

Step one go to local library and use their computer (I mean your next step was to tell me you cant afford internet right?)
    Step two research areas of country with high levels of employment ( they do exist, cities like San Antonio Texas and Phoenix Arizona are reasonable on cost of living and have a good amount of reasonable paying work)
    Step three apply and get your resume out (opps create it first on same library computer)
    Step five stay in a hostel .. every city has some and they are usually around $10 a night.. affordable until you get paid and can find a roommate or become someone elses roommate

What kind of god damned fantasy world are you living in.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    How can everyone be hired if everyone has their own company/idea?
    You pay a high enough wage so someone decides they dont want to open a company and would rather work for you.

Then that's a life choice you made to live and take care of her.
    You're an ignorant monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good then the wages would go up because everyone is hiring right?
    When you have such a low minimum, the prices won't go much higher in hiring. Unlike actual products, services from a person can always be bought out cheaper if they are desperate for a job, sadly. And with such low minimum, I feel a lot is going to struggle for a 2nd job..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    This is great news for people in St. Louis who were unable to get a job previously. Now they can get the job experience that will lead to jobs that pay more than the minimum. I'm glad the ladder has been lowered down further, so that more can begin their climb. I'm looking forward to the follow up story, where they note how much unemployment went down in St. Louis.
    I think you forgot the

/S
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Thats pretty laughable.
    That's a fact, but let me guess, right wing media told you he is well respected and a titan of the field?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/min.../2015/home.htm

Ok let's look at the numbers of the 78 million hourly workers in USA only 870k are paid minimum wage. With another 1.7 million paid less than minimum wage, I assume these are mostly servers who also are paid in tips and likely earn reasonably above once actual tips plus wage is included. Since 1979 when they first started to track this information people earning at or below minimum wage has gone from 13.4 % to 3.9%. Also 50% of these people are under the age of 25 so it looks like the vast majority of people do find work that pays better than minimum wage and the majority of them are youth workers who are just getting started in life. So what's the argument about when just like I said any adult who still has a minimum wage job needs to grow some ambition and move up.
    sigh. Not even understanding what you are reading.

Interpreting minimum wage data
    The CPS does not determine whether workers are covered by the minimum wage provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) or by individual state or local minimum wage laws. The estimates of workers paid at or below the federal minimum wage are based solely on the hourly wage they report (which does not include overtime pay, tips, or commissions). Some respondents might round hourly earnings when answering survey questions. As a result, some workers might be reported as having hourly earnings above or below the federal minimum wage when, in fact, they earn the minimum wage.

the % went down so drastically because most states have increased their min wage to exceed federal min wage standards, which this report tracks.

So they could be earning the state min wage, or even below the state min wage.....but above the federal min wage.

they did not leave to find better jobs, if you read all the tables employment in these jobs increased and the employers just increased their pay. they did not necessary leave for better jobs, you are just making that assumption.

if anything this is proof enough that min wage needs to be increased for the workers whom are left. its less then 50k in Missouri. The bigger problem is we don't know how many workers are making between 7.70 and 10.00 an hour.

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_mo.htm#35-0000

Show the average wage for food prep is 9.35.

fast food average is $8.91 or 18,770 a year.

living wage in $10.16

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    When you have such a low minimum, the prices won't go much higher in hiring. Unlike actual products, services from a person can always be bought out cheaper if they are desperate for a job, sadly. And with such low minimum, I feel a lot is going to struggle for a 2nd job..
    Except as he said if there was no one to hire because everyone opened a company then you would have to have wages high enough to actually entice someone to work for you.

And bullshit personal services always go down .. I offer personal services and people pay well for it and I have plenty of clients enough to keep my employees employed and myself fed.

What kind of god damned fantasy world are you living in.
    It is revealing about some people and the utter lack of experience with poverty.

And this is all so simply and easy to do I'm sure, and there's absolutely no one else doing the same thing.

In fact, I'm sure there's no one that lives in those areas already that you'll have to compete with, eh?
    And you don't need to inform me of what a library offers, I work at one.

See, that's too much on the emotional scale though is the issue. I'd consider that a completely legit reason, yet as the other poster showed, they have no empathy for caring for the one who cared for you.

Step five stay in a hostel .. every city has some and they are usually around $10 a night..
    Never stayed a hotel I see....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You pay a high enough wage so someone decides they dont want to open a company and would rather work for you.
    So then there are workers and not just those with ideas?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    If you look at the Affordable Care Act you'd see a huge problem with that way of thinking. Even if "libs" received everything they wanted you'd have Republicans constantly undermining it, making up BS claims to discredit it, and fighting tooth and nail to repeal it as quickly as possible.
    Its a shame , im a red blooded conservative and could use that 20 bucks an hour you guys want that hardwork and bootstrap shit isnt cutting it anymore ya hear