Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Bosses are not easier. It's 100% addons. If wow released with the addons as we have them now, then the first raids would be cleared just as easily.

*EDIT*
    Well 90% addons, 10% class design. Classes deal with stuff much easier now than they did back then.
    Let's invert the proportions and I'd agree. 90 % gameplay changes, 10 % add-ons.
    Though, actually, I'd rather say : "50 % gearing changes, 40 % gameplay changes, 10 % add-ons", because being able to get dozens of ilvl much more easily certainly play a large part.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    I just watching a video on YouTube that shows who had the 1st kill on bosses. Compare to nowadays, it used to take a months to take down a raid/dungeon bosses. But now, it takes less than a week or couple of weeks max to take down the highest difficulty aka Mythic. Is it getting easier or players are just getting good?
    Content is by far the most complex and difficult that it has ever been. The difference is the top guilds are literally doing it for a living now and the content is actually well-designed. The oldest content frequently had tuning/balancing issues and nobody was literally raiding 60+ hours a week to down it like they are now.

Also people referencing addons for first kills of Mythic bosses might want to rethink that logic. Who do you think is writing that stuff for everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Nothing at all. Whatever he posts on the game is opinion.

But of course round here some WoW players putting their opinion pieces on Youtube is law right?

Kungen literally gets carried through modern content then complains it's too hard. He has no leg to stand on.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-03 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Bosses are easier. Addons are better. People tend to overgear shit. Thats the gist of it
    Share with us your mythic raid history in Legion, ty.

It has nothing to do with difficulty of the bosses. It was different aproach to the game then than it is now. lower player base, less info, more clueless players, had to put up with complete shitters because 40man raids (and players tend to come on 1 raid per week if not less), less addons etc.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Exactly. He doesn't do shit in WoW anymore.

Deleted
    But @OP

Boss "seems" easier due to things like : 1) Addons 2) Overgear 3) Class Versatility

Also everybody not retard can easely see how any myth+ above 10 with Volcanic/Explosive/Sanguine is WAY harder than any boss from Vanilla Raid.

With few expection as for Razorgore, Ouro, Twins, C'Thun, Kelthuzad, Sapphiron, 4Horseman

Bosses are getting a lot more complicated but at the same time players are getting better and addons are advancing really quick. I really cannot imagine people killing mythic bosses without any addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    But @OP

Boss "seems" easier due to things like : 1) Addons 2) Overgear 3) Class Versatility

Also everybody not retard can easely see how any myth+ above 10 with Volcanic/Explosive/Sanguine is WAY harder than any boss from Vanilla Raid.

With few expection as for Razorgore, Ouro, Twins, C'Thun, Kelthuzad, Sapphiron, 4Horseman
    Eh I wouldn't count C'Thun personally. He was hard because he was overtuned past normal standards. Moment it was nerfed it was down within like a day or two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh I wouldn't count C'Thun personally. He was hard because he was overtuned past normal standards. Moment it was nerfed it was down within like a day or two.

Ye true but even when I done it on retail and again on *cough*private*cough* the "mechanics" and just the "how to position" where enough to be counted in the "hard" list tbh

Even after the "nerf" wasn't really like roflstomping Gennhas
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-07-03 at 09:00 PM.

Deleted
    Also mind that the average player got better, there are guide/raidbots/amr/simc that help improve everybody, from the bad to the pro.

Deleted
    Both? WoW become lot easier as Blizzard gave us easy mods like LFR and normal. Becouse of this raids are lot easyer than waht we had back in TBC or Vannila. Yes there were fewer mechanics but they could kill you. In current normal or even heroic you can ignore most of mechanics as they do pretty much nothing specialy if you overgear content which you couldnt in TBC.

And players didnt get better. Current wow doesnt teach players anything and new players are very unexperienced casuals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Both? WoW become lot easier as Blizzard gave us easy mods like LFR and normal. Becouse of this raids are lot easyer than waht we had back in TBC or Vannila. Yes there were fewer mechanics but they could kill you. In current normal or even heroic you can ignore most of mechanics as they do pretty much nothing specialy if you overgear content which you couldnt in TBC.

And players didnt get better. Current wow doesnt teach players anything and new players are very unexperienced casuals.
    So Legion Raiding = LFR and NORMAL

In current HEROIC you can ignore most of mechanics = Please link us you ATOC KJ and relative clear lockout of TOS

You didn't play in TBC and this is pretty visible by the bullshit "you couldnt be overgeared in TBC" because you really didn't saw peeps in T6 doing "old" tbc raid and roflstomp it.

Don't really care about raids - haven't been raiding since Cataclysm - but 5 mans are definitely dead meat at this point. Easier than ever. It's ridiculous that they introduced EVEN MORE silly modes and difficulties only to have the dungeons end up more trivial than they've ever been.

When you think about it - in a "right" world, Mythic normal should be somewhat of a "standard" dungeon for moderately geared toons. By now they're easier than heroics in WotLK, and if you were playing back then, you know what that means. There's virtually no gameplay left in there. It's catastrophic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both. The game has become more streamlined, making it easier to level. Boss battles flow better. There are videos abundant for newer people to watch to see how to do a fight. While fights might be less forgiving, the fact that we can learn from someone else doing it makes it easier overall. If you come prepared, things are easier.

On top of that, there are guides to learning how best to play your class. With people playing more competently, it makes things better overall. So learn the class, learn how to move out of shit on the ground, and Blizzard making things run more smoothly, all contribute to making things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Bosses at the Tomb are hard.

But, people need addons? Really? I use no addons. So, HAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmanfred View Post
    Thats not what they mean. There were bosses you HAD to get special gear to fight, especislly when resistsnces were a thing. Some even required gear from world bosses that had eratic spawn times and higg end guilds required being available at any moment wether asleep or at work to kill said world boss (s).
    I know exactly what they mean.

But both gear and mechanics play a role in boss difficulty. Mechanics are harder now, gearing was harder then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Don't really care about raids - haven't been raiding since Cataclysm - but 5 mans are definitely dead meat at this point.
    This is literally the first expansion where 5man content can be relivant forever. With M+'s infinite scaling you really can't say that 5mans are dead. Go clear anything 20+ and tell me it isn't very challenging and requires high level communication/coordination just to interrupt enemy mob abilities. Probably more so than most raid content.

Sure, my bear tank can solo regular mythics but so could my blood dk by the end of wrath (heroics). That's just a result of the gear/artifact scaling. The existence of M+ scaling makes this a moot point. Maybe the rewards aren't worth it, but if you want challenging 5man content that will be relevant from start of the expansion to the end, this is the first time it has ever existed. Your statement that 5 mans are dead couldn't be more incorrect. I get the feeling you're one of those people who clear a +10 every week (if that) and then complain that there is no challenge in dungeons. If you don't want to participate in the challenging content fine, but then you can't complain it doesn't exist.

On the raid topic, the difficulty in MOST (naxx is really the exception here) vanilla raids was preparation. Getting the required resist gear/consumables/gear grind was the challenge. The mechanics were USUALLY (once again some exceptions) easier than even normal mode raids are now. The other challenge was just getting 40 people on the same page and actually having a 40 man roster of people with reasonable gear. I remember the vast majority of mid/low tier raiding guilds would bring a 40man roster with basically 10 players that were close to dead weight as far as gear.
    Last edited by patrins; 2017-07-13 at 02:07 PM.

Mechanically bosses are absolutely getting harder, but with years of experience, the game being tighter and a lot more balanced than it was, addons, technology and multiple levels of difficulty, it's manageable.