Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    No one is mining BTC with GPUs for years now! No one! And new cards are utter shit, they dont even have a video output so they are usless for anything except moning and even in that they dont offer that much!
    You sir live under a damn boulder. Before you spout off like a complete tool at least do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Tons of places aren't jacking up prices. Just have to look around a bit and set up alerts for when they're in stock.
    Sadly Newegg is not one of those places. I have done more business than i can think at newegg and they way they are handling the card pricing make me not want to shop with them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Sadly Newegg is not one of those places. I have done more business than i can think at newegg and they way they are handling the card pricing make me not want to shop with them anymore.
    Are they actually raising prices?

I guess the question is, what would you prefer? 2x cost on cards, or simply out of stock indefinitely?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    You might want to go back and read the thread. Crypto mining is in again.
    Dude i am in mining " business " for probably longer than you know it even exists! BTC isnt mined by GPUs nor mining rings it is mined by ASIC Miners

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Except it is profitable to do so again so there has been a run on cards.
    again NO IDIOT IS MINING BTC! IF you are doing that your are retard! Difficulty is insane and it is only mined by ASIC miners adn it has been like that for years

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be a tough time if you were in the market for a mainstream card for any reason. As it stands, I can't find a single retailer in Canada which has an even remotely consistent supply of 570s or 580s and even the 6GB 1060s are starting to hit over $400. The 3GB cards are actually starting to get as expensive as their 6GB counterparts when prices/availability weren't all fuckey.

I thought it was bad at launch but the scalability in Eth mining really means we're gonna be SOL for some time to come even with purchase limits set. 1070s probably won't fair any better over time since they're pretty damn good Eth cards as well.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-07-03 at 05:15 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You sir live under a damn boulder. Before you spout off like a complete tool at least do some research.
    Lol Dude i have 10 mining rigs ( with ATI cards ) and making 4 more with 5x1080ti ( Asus STRIX ). If you are to slow in reading the part " No one is mining BTC with GPUs " then you have a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Dude i have 10 mining rigs ( with ATI cards ) and making 4 more with 5x1080ti ( Asus STRIX ). If you are to slow in reading the part " No one is mining BTC with GPUs " then you have a problem
    Nobody said anything about BTC except you. We all know BTC mining isn't done with GPU's anymore.

Nobody was talking about BTC. They were talking about GPU prices for Crypto in general. Again, please read the thread.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Nobody said anything about BTC except you. We all know BTC mining isn't done with GPU's anymore.

Nobody was talking about BTC. They were talking about GPU prices for Crypto in general. Again, please read the thread.
    Since you dont even have a clue what you wrote then let me remind you with this nice photo

Note the part where you said bitcoin specific card !

Puhh, i was lucky to get my MSI 1080 for 470€ 2 month ago, it cost now 600€ ^^.

I have 30 Minting Rigs with Titan Xps and 20 more on the way with (AMD VEGA). I even Run it all off of solar panels to maximize efficiency!!

I can make up stuff also.

well i have photos to prove, want me next time when i got to where my rigs are to take a note, put it infront of each ring and take a photo ?

Dude i am in mining " business " for probably longer than you know it even exists! BTC isnt mined by GPUs nor mining rings it is mined by ASIC Miners

- - - Updated - - -

again NO IDIOT IS MINING BTC! IF you are doing that your are retard! Difficulty is insane and it is only mined by ASIC miners adn it has been like that for years
    Yeah, you are right, no idiots are mining BTC. Smart people are mining Etherium though. Idiots are doing what you claim to be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note the part where you said bitcoin specific card !
    You know as well as everyone else what card I was referring to, the new mining cards. Regardless, nobody was talking about Bitcoin. We weren't discussing those specific cards. We weren't discussing bitcoin. We were all, from start to finish, discussing why prices of cards were going up, due to crypto mining. Not bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, you are right, no idiots are mining BTC. Smart people are mining Etherium though. Idiots are doing what you claim to be doing.
    I was talking about GPUs and using them to mine BTC. So no smart person is using GPUs to mine BTC since its pointless and you wont make any profit no matter how much you mine them.

- - - Updated - - -

You know as well as everyone else what card I was referring to, the new mining cards. Regardless, nobody was talking about Bitcoin. We weren't discussing those specific cards. We weren't discussing bitcoin. We were all, from start to finish, discussing why prices of cards were going up, due to crypto mining. Not bitcoin.
    I know which card you were talking about and even that card is nothing special ( as in new Nvidia released for mining ). 580 is shit, uses more power than 480 and makes about the same. You said " new bitcoin specific card ", all I said was no one is using GPUs to mine BTC!

I was talking about GPUs and using them to mine BTC. So no smart person is using GPUs to mine BTC since its pointless and you wont make any profit no matter how much you mine them.

- - - Updated - - -

I know which card you were talking about and even that card is nothing special ( as in new Nvidia released for mining ). 580 is shit, uses more power than 480 and makes about the same. You said " new bitcoin specific card ", all I said was no one is using GPUs to mine BTC!
    Yes, they are using those GPUs to mine ethereum and zcash instead.

When he said " new bitcoin specific card " I'm pretty sure he was talking about one of those ASIC miners and not an actual gpu
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2017-07-03 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Yes, they are using those GPUs to mine ethereum and zcash instead.

When he said " new bitcoin specific card " I'm pretty sure he was talking about one of those ASIC miners and not an actual gpu
    Amoung other cryptocurreny you can mine ( some atm are more profitable ). you can check on www.whattomine.com

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just looked at the biggest hardware seller here in Denmark and not a single x580 in stock and only a few 1060 3GB in stock. 1070 is allso out of stock and most of them are not due untill August and the 1080 has gone up to 600 euros and the 1080 ti has gone up to 800 euros again.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Should have ordered more cards when I upgraded. Could make a nice profit in secondary sales market. Too lazy to setup mining rigs.

well i have photos to prove, want me next time when i got to where my rigs are to take a note, put it infront of each ring and take a photo ?
    Shit bro i got some of those too

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Ethereum yet another new cryptocurrency?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water