Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think you forgot the

/S
    Hrm? Oh yeah, also St. Louis sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    No a fair living comes once you have enough skills to offer someone to pay you more. Just "working" isn't enough. How many of you have been to a much poorer country like Ukraine? You realize the average wages in a place like that are around $150 a month and far below a living wage but people manage to survive. How through efficient use of resources. Many more people live with their parents even after they have kids. Many more farm and trade good amazing what the community does and survives but nope in USA everyone need to earn enough to live alone all by themselves and not have help from anyone.

How do I know this? My wife is a Ukrainian and I have experienced it first hand. How can they do it and you can't?
    Hmm, easy answer. Have you noticed the lifestyle in Ukraine? Many older families stay together because it is easier. Things aren't as costly as in the US. As well, Ukraine CAN'T be compared to the low wages of the US.

Else, it would be the same as me asking how you can cope in the US, not paying everyone's education and medical bills, etc etc etc.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-07-03 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Missed a word, 'as'
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No a fair living comes once you have enough skills to offer someone to pay you more. Just "working" isn't enough. How many of you have been to a much poorer country like Ukraine? You realize the average wages in a place like that are around $150 a month and far below a living wage but people manage to survive. How through efficient use of resources. Many more people live with their parents even after they have kids. Many more farm and trade good amazing what the community does and survives but nope in USA everyone need to earn enough to live alone all by themselves and not have help from anyone.

How do I know this? My wife is a Ukrainian and I have experienced it first hand. How can they do it and you can't?
    Its not healthy for the growth of a nation. Ukraine is also a highly corrupt and poorly educated shit hole where the struggle to live topples the need to advance.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You have absolutely zero concept of how the economy works.

You dont seem to understand that having poor in any number is unhealthy for the economy and the country as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, its almost as if what you're stating never happens and has never been proven to be true.
    If you make the minimum wage higher, it kills jobs. If it doesn't kill jobs, then just raise it to $50 an hour then, and prove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Not knowing the usa, is that state one of those "special" states?
    Yes, yes it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    No a Hostel is usually a shared bunk bed style accommodation and yes they usually cost $10 or less a night
    http://www.hostels.com/usa

You were saying?

What you mean is people do what they need to survive and live? Families support each other? And people in the good old US of A.

And things are cheaper? Only if they are made in Ukraine. Anything imported, cars, tech, clothes is far higher. Other than an apartment it's cheaper to live in USA.

Gas is cheaper
    Cars are cheaper
    A tv is cheaper
    Clothes are far cheaper
    A lot of food products are cheaper in USA.

The biggest difference is families support each other. Parents support their children. Children support their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, easy answer. Have you noticed the lifestyle in Ukraine? Many older families stay together because it is easier. Things aren't as costly in the US. As well, Ukraine CAN'T be compared to the low wages of the US.

Else, it would be the same as me asking how you can cope in the US, not paying everyone's education and medical bills, etc etc e

Hmm, easy answer. Have you noticed the lifestyle in Ukraine? Many older families stay together because it is easier. Things aren't as costly in the US. As well, Ukraine CAN'T be compared to the low wages of the US.

Else, it would be the same as me asking how you can cope in the US, not paying everyone's education and medical bills, etc etc etc.
    Ukraine also has dropping life expectencies. Using Ukraine as an example is disgusting. Its pretty much advocating that we allow our lowest paid to suffer in conditions they have no hope of ever getting out of that will kill them quiet handily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is the problem getting young people a job because they have no prior experience? Legislate that people below 2x years can be paid 77% of minimum wage.
    pretty sure that's unconstitutional

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a common mindset you need to keep aware of in the US. Its the mindset that many people deserve to suffer. That anyone who is not doing well is not doing well because they are simply a bad person in some way. Alongside this mindset are three things:
    1. By trying hard, no matter what you are doing, you will succeed and be wealthy and happy.
    2. While other people who suffer, suffer because they're lazy or stupid. If you yourself are suffering? It's someone elses fault.
    3. The politicians who say they are the most morale are the ones who have your best interests in mind. Even if their actions are anything but.

Its how certain peoples will constantly and consistently vote against their best interests time and time again. Because its not their fault things are bad, its not the politicians fault: after all, these are the politicians they voted for and those politicians are always talking about how moral they are. Its all those other lazy people bringing honest, hard working people down.
    I have taken a notice to so, and I'm sorry.

People shouldn't really be punished financially if they aren't able to reach the higher branches. Heck, I'm a mix of examples. I've had a high end job, got sick, lost it, now I work at a pretty good living wage, even though I only work 8 hours a week - not due to high wages. I've been given the chance to work for what I can, and then the state adds the rest to fulfill the deal of a living wage.

The fact that someone believes that EVERYONE should just reach to the next branch and climb, is insane. Not everyone can do such climb, not everyone wishes to do. How come a 'burger flipper' whom works 7½-10 hours can't be permitted a fair wage when a 'suit', working below 10 hours, can earn much more, and given further advantages. Already disgusting enough that the educational system can't sustain itself.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No a fair living comes once you have enough skills to offer someone to pay you more.
    A good education costs money.
    Just "working" isn't enough.
    It used to be.
    How many of you have been to a much poorer country like Ukraine?
    The average American doesn't go on day trips abroad. Unlike yourself apparently that never knew what poverty was and seem to imagine in some fucked up fantasy that it's "easy to get out of" today.

Its not healthy for the growth of a nation. Ukraine is also a highly corrupt and poorly educated shit hole where the struggle to live topples the need to advance.
    Poorly educated when more people have degrees in Ukraine than USA and you really believe usa is less corrupt when you consider you can just buy a politician and do it legally in USA? Lol and I'm the naive one.

Have you ever been to Ukraine? Or are you just listening to what CNN tells you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A good education costs money.

It used to be.
    The average American doesn't go on day trips abroad. Unlike yourself apparently that never knew what poverty was and seem to imagine in some fucked up fantasy that it's "easy to get out of" today.
    If you read all my posts you would see I think education and health care are important to be provided to help people succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If you make the minimum wage higher, it kills jobs. If it doesn't kill jobs, then just raise it to $50 an hour then, and prove it.
    after 20 min wage increase in this country, how the hell did we get to 4% unemployment, 3.9% in Missouri.

by this logic we should all be unemployed by now. How are some states with 10-11-12 bucks an hour min wage sitting at sub 4-5% unemployment based on this logic?

HI/CO both at 9.25...unemployment 2.3 / 2.5

MA 11 bucks, 4.5%

VT 10 bucks 3.1%

killing them jobs

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what?! Yes, if you do such an INSANE example, it WILL kill companies and their jobs but that is ONLY if we follow the example you give. We aren't talking about 40+ more in wage, we're talking common numbers, like 12-16 dollars (which I know is a bit too dreamy for most the US, but that is a danish paper route)

If you read all my posts you would see I think education and health care are important to be provided to help people succeed

Until that ever happens what you claim is nothing more than fantasy.

I'm definitely for raising the minimum wage and paying workers a livable wage. However, I have to inject one bit of logic. The reason why low wage earners do not earn more is also partly due to their own actions. If you willing to work for $7-8 an hour, then that's exactly what you are going to be paid. Most employers are not going to give you more than what the market demands, and will find anyway they can to give you less. I know there's plenty of objections to be had in that statement, however, it really boils down to that and until the people move forward with more unified, large scale, collective bargaining, then it will be business as usual making low wages. The government isnt going to fix this issue for anyone, its bought, sold, and paid for already by corporate entities and other special interest money groups. Only by creating an artificial shortage in the labor market can any improvement be had.

Raising to an extreme is stupid and you know that good and well.

Raising the minimum wage regularly though does not kill jobs, the opposite has often been shown. Why? Because higher wage = more spending. And our entire economy is based on spending. If people can't spend. If they do not make enough money to even pay taxes, the country languishes.

You do realize that the country is slowly becoming a third world nation due to a crumbling infrastructure that cant support itself due to lack of incoming funds (because people cant afford to even pay taxes) as well as plummeting standards of living? Is that what you want? For the country to degrade down to a lower status and for its people to suffer and be incapable of bettering it as a whole?

If we raised the minimum by a dollar each year for a set number of years, jobs would boom after an initial drop.

Please, for the love of god, try to educate yourself and stop spouting off poorly informed rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, the US has a high number of people whom can't even afford healthcare (the fact that some people in the US aggressively don't wish to support healthcare by tax, is sad). Some can't afford their education as they wish it, without having to achieve something else first.

But, the US has a high number of people whom can't even afford healthcare (the fact that some people in the US aggressively don't wish to support healthcare by tax, is sad). Some can't afford their education as they wish it, without having to achieve something else first.
    All while the USA spends more money per capita( man woman and child) than anywhere else in the world by over double. Why is this? And you tell me ukraine is the corrupt country.

Health care is not a funding issue

Wonder if this has anything with the failed to attempt to combine St Louis City and St Louis County, I know City was the one pushing for it, and I believe they did so for the taxes they would thus get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.