View Poll Results: Does it bother you when new areas ban flight?

Voters
558. This poll is closed
  • Yes, loss of flight bothers me.

132 23.66%
  • No, loss of flight doesn't bother me.

304 54.48%
  • I don't really care.

122 21.86%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Variable. When it was current, no, not really. When its old, ancient, and I'm only going there for mounts, it can get annoying. Timeless Isle especially, since there are multiple things that you can only get to via air, no pathing (Like that ruby droplet pet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    So quit wow, there are a lot of better mmo rpg outside
    I have. Cancelled 3 subs after 12 years of non-stop subbing on one of them. Happy now?

I'm not. Hate the way the game has been shifted to hamster wheel. Hence the sig.
    /spit@Blizzard

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying is cancer that should have never been added to the game. Blizzard agrees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No links, bonobo stuff back at ya. You claimed players wanted it, burden of proof is on you.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613382625

sept 2016 people asking for "world scaling" therefore people were happy with scaling.

Glad you unsub

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    Flying is cancer that should have never been added to the game. Blizzard agrees.
    Flying is fine.

The problem is HOW it was/is/will be implemented in WOW.

----

But the real question for this thread is "How retard must be somebody to thinks that you can free fly on a foreing and hostile planet as you came as an invader?" only on mmo c

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    Yes...a cancer that's so bad Blizzard decided to completely overhaul the entire game world in Cata in order to support it. A cancer so terrible that it was part of the most popular expansion in WoW's history(that would be WotLK if you're too lazy to look it up).

This attitude always baffles me. Blizzard gets lazy and decides they don't want to design zones where flying is accounted for and suddenly it's the worst thing to ever happen to wow. Flying clearly molested you guys as children, kicked your dog, and keyed your car while you weren't looking. FFS.

Not really, just so long as it's not like the BS with it's cliffs and inescapable lava pits. Couldn't fly in Quel'Danas, Molten Front, and both patch isles in MoP. Also think it kinda makes sense, with us being in the Legion's grill and all that.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613382625

sept 2016 people asking for "world scaling" therefore people were happy with scaling.

Glad you unsub

- - - Updated - - -

Flying is fine.

The problem is HOW it was/is/will be implemented in WOW.

----

But the real question for this thread is "How retard must be somebody to thinks that you can free fly on a foreing and hostile planet as you came as an invader?" only on mmo c
    This is a thread that asks for ZONE scaling with LEVEL, like all Broken Isles zones do after lvl100.

This is not a thread that asks for ILVL scaling of mobs in the zones.

Glad you can't make the difference. Or can you and this is a pathetic attempt to prove something that was never asked?
    Sorry, bonobo, can't fool shit.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quite honestly I dont see why blizzard keeps having a lack of imagination when it comes to flight.

Why not just make Flight a requirement to reach certain end game zones, rather than trying to outright kill it off.

flying, lfg, cross realm.. all that noise is what contributes to modern wow being shit I'm glad Blizz still retains some decency by keeping it out of new zones and adding that achiev when flying is irrelevent

No because it's a specific area and we know going in that it is this way. Same with Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle, and Wintergrasp.

To begin with it's nice not being able to fly, you get to explore the area and see all the man hours put into it. By now it's nice getting flight though, makes leveling alts a lot easier as well, since you can't use the flight master's whistle before 110 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yes...a cancer that's so bad Blizzard decided to completely overhaul the entire game world in Cata in order to support it. A cancer so terrible that it was part of the most popular expansion in WoW's history(that would be WotLK if you're too lazy to look it up).

This attitude always baffles me. Blizzard gets lazy and decides they don't want to design zones where flying is accounted for and suddenly it's the worst thing to ever happen to wow. Flying clearly molested you guys as children, kicked your dog, and keyed your car while you weren't looking. FFS.
    And yet Cata was where the big dropoff began, and that expansion threw flying into the whole world. Thus one could make the argument that flying is in fact killing the game. I'm not making that argument, I'm just pointing out that using "WotLK was the most popular expansion, and it had flying, thus flying is a good addition to the game" is a horrible argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    And yet Cata was where the big dropoff began, and that expansion threw flying into the whole world. Thus one could make the argument that flying is in fact killing the game. I'm not making that argument, I'm just pointing out that using "WotLK was the most popular expansion, and it had flying, thus flying is a good addition to the game" is a horrible argument.
    My point was not to associate flight directly with the success or failure of any given piece of content. Clearly WoD is the opposite of WotLK, where it removed flight and yet performed the poorest out of all expansion to date. My point was simply that flight is not the great bane of the game that people seem to think it is. Flight can enhance or detract from content directly proportionate to how much effort and detail Blizzard puts into it.

WotLK as an expansion was good overall. Flight was part of that. Stormpeaks and Icecrown USED flight, and therefore flying didn't completely ruin or destroy the content(as some people would have you believe flight does to ALL content). To contrast, by dropping flight into Legion content that wasn't designed to use it, it's largely detrimental to the desired effect and experience that Blizzard wanted to create.

People keep acting as though flight in an MMORPG is universally bad, which is blatantly false. Flight will be bad if it's used badly, and good if it's used well. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    And WoD was where a six-month drop in subscriptions was equal to the two-year drop in subscriptions that happened in MoP.

I put "I don't care."

I like flying. I think not including it is a result of lazy design as zones can be made to be engaging while including flying. However it isn't something I get worked up about unlike the overall flight/no flight argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    I think not including it is a result of lazy design as zones can be made to be engaging while including flying.
    How, exactly?

Yes, but in the end there's bigger problems with the game than whether or not I can fly while doing open world content.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I don't mind not being able to fly on Argus in 7.3 but I do think they should add it in a future patch like they did with the Broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    On the one hand, I prefer being unable to fly.
    On the other hand, Blizzard has a way designing the most annoying geography possible.

So I'll say maybe, depending on how many cliffs there are.
    this

there is two problems with no flight zone

1. terrible geography
    2. daze

this is my experience with mobs:
    tiny little spider, imp or something else that just hard casting a shadow word pain twice kills...
    dazed on first hit dismounting me and making me waste time killing it... dealing with the buggy combat locks from allowing me to mount, then remounting

big nasty ugly rare elte demon who wants to destroy the world
    smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack... nevermind your not worth my time and runs back where it came from.

daze is the one mechanic in this game that almost made me uninstall... then finally flight hit, I could finally enjoy the geography and sites of the zones, and not worry about getting dazed by a worm.

No, because I am a reasonable person and understand why new content should exclude flying.

I have no problem with it being added later.