Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    There are numerous examples of Eredar altering or abandoning their given names in favour of new, more demonic sounding names, to show their allegiance to Sargeras.
    And for Sacrolash I'd agree with you, but Alythess doesn't sound especially demonic to me. Perhaps it means something? It would also be pretty late for the reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    And for Sacrolash I'd agree with you, but Alythess doesn't sound especially demonic to me. Perhaps it means something? It would also be pretty late for the reveal.
    Well, from the examples i've seen, they take a word from Eredun and make it their name. like Rakeesh, which means "Butcher".
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, yes, we get it, you didn't pay any attention to what her actual story is whatsoever.

She actually succeeded at her trials because that's exactly what she was supposed to do. Find others capable of solving the issues and getting them to do it for her.
    It was a test of leadership.
    But leadership would suggest its about inspiring and lead by example. She just found some guy to do whole job for her. Thats not proof of leadership, its proof of finding someone guilible.

Unless you consider teenagers giving money to hobo to buy them a beers as proof of some advanced leadership skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    She could show up with Durotan on her side laughing and kicking the head instead of her throwing it. I am pretty sure they would both not mind decapitating dear Grommash.
    Its not about minding, its about being actually able to do it. And seeing her, compared to grom....well i know who would be my bet in this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So... we are right? She was rushed, together with an entire expansion.
    Except "rushed" keeps being used with the implication that it's somehow worse or that vital parts of the story were skipped.

Yrel's story was fine. WoD being a shitshow doesn't suddenly mean everything that came from it is automatically bad. I don't even particularly think the WoD story itself was rushed. We crushed the Iron Horde pretty easily. And after all is said and done, I think that is what should have happened. Much like the Horde did at the very beginning, the major strength of the Iron Horde was everybody else being unprepared for what they could do and they scored an early victories.

This time, however, we already had factions watching for their return and had a response team almost immediately. And they were then crushed. And Gul'dan takes advantage and takes over. The pacing of WoD wasn't the problem, the batshit retarded premise and the big story beats were.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-03 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    People keep saying they rushed Yrel. Only one post-launch raid tier.

WoD was only half the length of an expansion. Of course everything was half as long. Including storylines.
    So...

She was rushed.

We've been trying to tell you that, since minute one....

- - - Updated - - -

Except "rushed" keeps being used with the implication that it's somehow worse.

Yrel's story was fine. WoD being a shitshow doesn't suddenly mean everything that came from it is automatically bad. I don't even particularly think the WoD story itself was rushed. We crushed the Iron Horde pretty easily. And after all is said and done, I think that is what should have happened. Much like the Horde did at the very beginning, the major strength of the Iron Horde was everybody else being unprepared for what they could do and they scored an early victories.

This time, however, we already had factions watching for their return and had a response team almost immediately. And they were then crushed. And Gul'dan takes advantage and takes over. The pacing was fine. The premise is batshit retarded but the problem with WoD wasn't the pacing.
    Fine? I find Jaina's split personality over the horde, better than Yrel's anime deus-ex story.

All she did was this:

1. Kill an orc, cause he dropped his guard.

2. Get carried by use, at Tanaan.

3. Almost give up at Shadowmoon valley, only for us to give her anime-esc hero "advice". Next thing ya know, she loses her sister, her teacher, while ALMOST losing her city. The only reason her city was saved, was because we defended her ass....

4. She also didn't do shit throughout half of the Gorgrond questing, and only STARTED doing shit at the very end of it all. Even then, she was absent for BOTH of the 6.0 Raids.

5. She didn't do shit at Auchindoun, while also not doing shit at Talador, until the final scenario came. Even then, she only did shit IN THE CINEMATIC!

6. She got beat up by Garrosh, only for Green jesus to come in, and carry us...

7. She made threats to Grommash, that she NEVER CARRIED THROUGH! Like, she was litterally going to kill the fucker at Tanaan. But, NOPE, 6.2 came along, and...apparently...Grommash is good...FOR NO FUCKING PUNISHMENT WHATSOEVER!

8. Half of her story-line was cut from Beta, and we never got to actually see her "Dark" past, as mentioned by Blizzard ages ago...

9. And, lastly, we carried her through her Exarch BS, and...we got nothing, while she got the fucking Title.....

....Fuck WoD! Fuck Yrel! Fuck everything having to do with Draenor! I hope MU yrelka is better, by staying as a minor Character. That should've been the case to begin with. Sylvanas has a better story than her, and she's done litterally nothing in the game. The only thing she's done, was sack a city, and made a new WoW race. THat was it...

Don't say she isn't rushed, when she clearly was...

"she didn't do shit"

Somebody literally paid no attention to the entire story.

>Lists a ton of things she was involved in
    >'SHE WAS RUSHED! BLARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG'

Get your story straight, dude, because right now you sound like an insane person screaming contradictory points

10+ Year Old Account
    Her story was not rushed though. She actually had a fairly long progression that took its time building her up across every single zone in WoD. She wasn't rushed into an Exarch position, she was forced into it due to the events of the story. That wouldn't have come across as a rushed progression if WoD was a full expansion.

"she didn't do shit"

Somebody literally paid no attention to the entire story.

>Lists a ton of things she was involved in
    >'SHE WAS RUSHED! BLARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG'

Get your story straight, dude, because right now you sound like an insane person screaming contradictory points
    ...Did you even read my post?

I listed a ton of things she was carried in...

"Involvment" would mean that she helped...

It wouldn't mean that she did 0 Crit throughout the entirety of a fight....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Her story was not rushed though. She actually had a fairly long progression that took its time building her up across every single zone in WoD. She wasn't rushed into an Exarch position, she was forced into it due to the events of the story. That wouldn't have come across as a rushed progression if WoD was a full expansion.
    Yeah...MAYBE...in the first...what...3 zones...

And like 1 questline?

Obviously Sargeras in disguise. How can you be so foolish to not see that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, more like 5 zones. Taking into account only the Alliance side of things, where she is naturally focused on, her story plays through Shadowmoon, Gorgrond, Talador, Nagrand, and Tanaan. Plus her story comes through in Lunarfall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Uh, more like 5 zones. Taking into account only the Alliance side of things, where she is naturally focused on, her story plays through Shadowmoon, Gorgrond, Talador, Nagrand, and Tanaan. Plus her story comes through in Lunarfall as well.
    And yet, like ALL NPC's ever, she just stood around, and did little to no progress....

She didn't even have a novel with her....

She was a boring, cliche'd mess....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    If they add MU Yrel in 7.3 instead of AU Yrel, that pretty much confirms that Blizzard have decided to forget WoD ever happened and swept it under the rug.
    Well they kinda did that with only MU Garona joining the Uncrowned and Enhancement shamans dual wielding Doomhammer and some conjured up shit instead of taking the AU Doomhammer as well. I'm just glad we will have more than one Normal Daenei again. Supposing Yrelka joins the main cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    No see, WoD was half the length of an expansion, and storylines were halved as well. But Yrel wasn't rushed and didn't suffer from her fast-track to success at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    No see, WoD was half the length of an expansion, and storylines were halved as well. But Yrel wasn't rushed and didn't suffer from her fast-track to success at all.
    She was supposed to be like Joan of Arc, yet they even cut out the part where she was supposed to burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was supposed to be like Joan of Arc, yet they even cut out the part where she was supposed to burn.
    On one hand, we missed out. On the other, do you really want to hear what Yrel's voice actor would do with that script?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    On one hand, we missed out. On the other, do you really want to hear what Yrel's voice actor would do with that script?
    CTRL+S

thing that pushed me through cataclysm with sanity intact.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yrel would have been better suited if she came around during Legion since we have a much larger expansion to actually develop her character to a degree which isn't split between being a meme and being legitimate.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildberry View Post
    on one hand, we missed out. On the other, do you really want to hear what yrel's voice actor would do with that script?
    "da fleimz ar berhning meh, oh ah-go-neh"

10+ Year Old Account
    The key difference is, unlike Nerzhul who got hardly any development, or Ogrim who got all-but cut, Yrel still got her major-developments in a non-rushed fashion. Grom and Durotan's stories weren't as evenly paced and laid out as uniformly as hers. I do believe there should have been something more to bridge her appearance in Hellfire Citadel though, but the same can be said for Grom.

10+ Year Old Account
    CTRL+S

thing that pushed me through cataclysm with sanity intact.
    I sat through Sindy, 6 million Metzens, and everything in between, I don't want to be broken by the Yrel's VA's lack of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "da fleimz ar berhning meh, oh ah-go-neh"
    You know, if she weren't so rushed, she might have Fire Resist.